The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Ply Uni applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Offer for medicine and probably going to firm it once I hear from all my other unis 😄
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by yasemin28
is the student life any good? like parties and club wise lol

Asking the one thing we are all thinking XD
Original post by lauren_baker17
I'm applying to study criminology at Plymouth and just wanted to see what you're applying for!
Applied for dentistry and received an offer last year :smile:
is the student life any good? like parties and club wise lol

Hi Yasemin28,

Yes, there is a wide variety of bars, pubs and clubs in Plymouth. Most of them are all really close to the campus and accommodation!

Our favourites are
- BangBang
- Bac Bar
- Fresher and Professor
- Oceana
- Walkabout

(just to name a few)

If you're looking for a nice cocktail bar, The Treasury and Tiger Milk are big hits and you can't go wrong with a visit to Royal William Yard.

This is just to name a few, follow #MyLifeWithPlym to see what our students get up to on their nights out. Also check out our student life blog.

Don't forget there will also be parties in your accommodation when you meet your new friends...always budget friendly :smile:

If in doubt, check out the nightclubs' facebook pages for prices and pictures to get a better idea.

Matt :banana:
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi Yasemin28,

Yes, there is a wide variety of bars, pubs and clubs in Plymouth. Most of them are all really close to the campus and accommodation!

Our favourites are
- BangBang
- Bac Bar
- Fresher and Professor
- Oceana
- Walkabout

(just to name a few)

If you're looking for a nice cocktail bar, The Treasury and Tiger Milk are big hits and you can't go wrong with a visit to Royal William Yard.

This is just to name a few, follow #MyLifeWithPlym to see what our students get up to on their nights out. Also check out our student life blog.

Don't forget there will also be parties in your accommodation when you meet your new friends...always budget friendly :smile:

If in doubt, check out the nightclubs' facebook pages for prices and pictures to get a better idea.

Matt :banana:

thank you so much haha, also what is the best accommodation to go with? like in terms of halls and all. I'm not one to share a bathroom but like which rooms have the best social aspect swell as quality of room and etc?
thank you so much haha, also what is the best accommodation to go with? like in terms of halls and all. I'm not one to share a bathroom but like which rooms have the best social aspect swell as quality of room and etc?

Hi Yasemin28,

All of our halls have resident teams who organise events throughout theyear, so generally you will have a similar social experience in all halls. Whenchoosing halls you must consider your budget and we have accommodation to suitall budgets (so please check the website for more information).

The mostpopular en-suite rooms are Mary Newman, Francis Drake, Radnor and Pilgrim whichare situated on campus and in our popular student village.

You can find more in-depth accommodation information on our accommodation webpages.

I would also suggest following Hannah's blog for a first-year student's perspective of student life :smile:

I hope this helps you

Dale
Original post by lauren_baker17
I'm applying to study criminology at Plymouth and just wanted to see what you're applying for!

I will be studying History at Plymouth University
I have received an offer for healthcare science and put it as my first choice!
Psychology Bsc,, Anyone else? :smile:
Just got a conditional offer for Civil Engineering in Plymouth!

Can't really decide which uni I'm gonna go, it is such a tough decision! So far I've had offers from Plymouth and Northumbria in Newcastle. If Liverpool gives me an offer it is just going to make it even harder haha.
Reply 50
Hello! I've applied for English and Creative Writing and English and Publishing at Plymouth, and although I recieved a "thank you for your application" email on the 15th I still haven't heard anything from them. I've already received an offer from the other university I applied to. Is there anyone else applying for these courses at Plymouth that still haven't heard back?
Reply 51
Good luck to everyone applying to Plymouth University :smile:

If you have any questions about the course you're applying to or would like to know what it's really like to study in Plymouth, feel free to get in touch I graduated from the uni 2 years ago.

Matt
:bl:

Can you help me with some queries about a postgrad MSc Environmental course? Mainly whether I have enough work experience to meet the entry requirements.
Original post by dhr90
Can you help me with some queries about a postgrad MSc Environmental course? Mainly whether I have enough work experience to meet the entry requirements.

Hi dhr90,

Thank you for getting in touch we'd be happy to help you with any queries or information you require about postgraduate study.

If you me let know what course it is you are interested in, and what questions you want answered I can help you out the best I can :smile:

Dale

Plymouth University
Reply 53
Hi dhr90,

Thank you for getting in touch we'd be happy to help you with any queries or information you require about postgraduate study.

If you me let know what course it is you are interested in, and what questions you want answered I can help you out the best I can :smile:

Dale

Plymouth University

The course is MSc Environmental Consultancy. I have a very high 2.2 from Solent University in Geography with Environmental Studies. Not the 2.1 required. I do however have about 18 months volunteering experience with The Conversation Volunteers working on many types of sites. Just wondering is that is likely to be enough to be accepted into the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dhr90
The course is MSc Environmental Consultancy. I have a very high 2.2 from Solent University in Geography with Environmental Studies. Not the 2.1 required. I do however have about 18 months volunteering experience with The Conversation Volunteers working on many types of sites. Just wondering is that is likely to be enough to be accepted into the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi dhr90,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I've been in contact with PG Admissions and they have informed that your application will come through PG Admissions as usual.

As the entry grades are considered just below the stated entry requirements on the website, your application will then be directed on to the admissions tutor for the programme, who will consider your whole application, including relevant experience, etc.

It is hard for me to say whether you will meet the admission tutor's requirements but it sounds to me like you have a very good basis to pull together a really strong application for this programme, so I would definitely advise you to submit an application.

We also have a Postgraduate Open Evening on Wednesday 9 March 2016 where academic and professional support staff from the University will be available to answer your questions and give you advice, guidance and information about our programmes.

I hope this information is helpful to you, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further queries or concerns :smile:

Good luck with your application!

Dale

Plymouth University
Reply 55
Hey guys I'll be studying MSc Sustainable Aquaculture in sept, so excited to go back to uni :smile:
Original post by DK_Boy12
Just got a conditional offer for Civil Engineering in Plymouth!

Can't really decide which uni I'm gonna go, it is such a tough decision! So far I've had offers from Plymouth and Northumbria in Newcastle. If Liverpool gives me an offer it is just going to make it even harder haha.

Congratulations DK_Boy12 :banana:

I know deciding which university to go to can be a tough decision to make.:bricks:If you have any questions about what the courses, societies or social life is really like in Plymouth, please ask us as we all only graduated from Plym Uni last year.

Matt, Dale and Han

Plymouth University
Original post by EmHowie
Hello! I've applied for English and Creative Writing and English and Publishing at Plymouth, and although I recieved a "thank you for your application" email on the 15th I still haven't heard anything from them. I've already received an offer from the other university I applied to. Is there anyone else applying for these courses at Plymouth that still haven't heard back?

Hi EmHowie,

I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard a response from us yet. If you send us through your full details (Full Name, Student Reference Number, Date of Birth, email address etc.) in a private message, then I would be happy to check your application status and get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a fantastic weekend :banana2:

Dale

@PlymUniApply
Reply 58
Hi dhr90,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. I've been in contact with PG Admissions and they have informed that your application will come through PG Admissions as usual.

As the entry grades are considered just below the stated entry requirements on the website, your application will then be directed on to the admissions tutor for the programme, who will consider your whole application, including relevant experience, etc.

It is hard for me to say whether you will meet the admission tutor's requirements but it sounds to me like you have a very good basis to pull together a really strong application for this programme, so I would definitely advise you to submit an application.

We also have a Postgraduate Open Evening on Wednesday 9 March 2016 where academic and professional support staff from the University will be available to answer your questions and give you advice, guidance and information about our programmes.

I hope this information is helpful to you, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further queries or concerns :smile:

Good luck with your application!

Dale

Plymouth University

Hi, thanks for the info! Would I meet the admissions tutor at the open day? Is there a deadline for applications?
Hey! I've confimed my place on the BSc Psychology degree, however at the applicant day I wasnt able to get a list of clubs and societies you offer. Is it possile to get an idea of what these will be? Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending