The Student Room Group

My life is over AMA

So I've been suspended by college. Might get kicked out, police might be involved... not sure AMA

Scroll to see replies

what did u do
Aw no, what's up?
Reply 3
Original post by The Diplomat.
what did u do

I wrote numerous offensive tweets about other students in my class and several people reported it to all of my courses tutors lol
lol serves you right.
Original post by bassbabe
I wrote numerous offensive tweets about other students in my class and several people reported it to all of my courses tutors lol

y did u do that for

Should you have done that, though?
Reply 7
Original post by SeanFM
Aw no, what's up?

I'm in serious trouble :redface:

smh
Reply 9
Original post by acupofgreentea
Should you have done that, though?

No but its done now :frown:
I'm in serious trouble :redface:

If it's the ones you were talking about on another thread, I can see where you're coming from :redface:

I don't know what was said but I know that someone reported two facebook groups against two teachers and all that happened was an exclusion and detentions after that. :redface:
Reply 11
Original post by trapking
smh

Someone has actually made up a false accusation saying I wrote a tweet slagging off one of my tutors which is bull!
Someone has actually made up a false accusation saying I wrote a tweet slagging off one of my tutors which is bull!

but why get involved with online drama in the first place ffs...

Just ignore whoever is getting on your nerves that's all anyway good luck! :smile:
No but its done now :frown:

I hate to sound harsh, but you need to face the concequences of what you've done - even you can admit they're justifiable.

Saying that, though, I imagine they'll give you another chance and this is more of a scaring tactic to prevent you from doing it again. And I'd like to think you'd take this as a learning experience and think before you do next time. :redface:

What did the tweets contain? Were you just generally criticising them or did it contain offensive language / slurs? Because that could make a lot of difference.
Reply 14
Original post by SeanFM
If it's the ones you were talking about on another thread, I can see where you're coming from :redface:

I don't know what was said but I know that someone reported two facebook groups against two teachers and all that happened was an exclusion and detentions after that. :redface:

I can't go back there, my tutors just looked at me in disgust when I walked out :frown: and the other girls are most likely planning revenge all ready

Wtf.
Trust me the police wont give any shits. Unless you icluded these people's full names and telephone numbers and addresses or photographs or something. Your schoolmates sound like butthurt 5 year olds. Dont worry, the police will not get involved, but if you get kicked out over this... smh.

A girl I know got kicked out from our high school because she called her teacher names on facebook (not directly to her, she post posted about the teacher on her timeline and called her names) but thats so stupid as she had her profile set to PUBLIC so rofl. But anyways as long as you didnt talk **** about any teachers, you will be fine, I doubt they would kick you out over this.
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't go back there, my tutors just looked at me in disgust when I walked out :frown: and the other girls are most likely planning revenge all ready

I see what you mean. :console:

How were your studies going up till then? Is self studying an option?
Reply 17
It's not over just yet. Ive read the other thread and if you hand in a written statement about them bitching about you and then say that the tweets were in retaliation and merely just a rant, nothing more, then you have some good grounding to support your cause.

Write/type an apology to your tutors, explain it was a rant nothing more and that you are genuinely sorry. Tell them that the tweets were a coping method to release your anger rather than releasing it physically, which would have landed you in even more trouble.

If you make it appear as if you were provoked then they cant dismiss you singularly as it would be unfair, therefore if you go down so do those other girls.

In theory it should work, but some quality acting may be needed to pull it off!
Do the British not have freedom of speech? This makes me miss America so much
Reply 19
Original post by Daniellaaa
Do the British not have freedom of speech? This makes me miss America so much

We have freedom of speech, just not freedom to be a jackass and purposely make others feel like ****.

Quick Reply

Latest