The Student Room Group

Virgin, worried about breaking hymen

But I want to try stuff like fingering myself or buying a vibrator.. Im over the age of consent. :yep:

Is there any way to do this without breaking my hymen or telling if I'm going to break it before I do? Idc about it but I don't want it to hurt/the blood :lol:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I believe if you buy a vibrator the hymen will break. About fingering... I have no idea, I guess it depends how thick are your fingers xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Sex didn't hurt me at all my first time, and I hadn't fingered or used a vibrator before. I guess it changes from person to person. I'd recommend perhaps trying your fingers first to get a feel for things, and if you enjoy it, get yourself a dildo or a vibrator.
Reply 3
Original post by NiamhGibson
Sex didn't hurt me at all my first time, and I hadn't fingered or used a vibrator before. I guess it changes from person to person. I'd recommend perhaps trying your fingers first to get a feel for things, and if you enjoy it, get yourself a dildo or a vibrator.

did you ask him for a lot of foreplay first? I'm scared it will really hurt or me because I am petite. I'll try fingers but also I cannot fit a tampon in :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
did you ask him for a lot of foreplay first? I'm scared it will really hurt or me because I am petite. I'll try fingers but also I cannot fit a tampon in :s-smilie:

No, the only thing before that was kissing. I am really petite too. Perhaps try one finger? That's probably the best way to start. I've also heard some girls use the head of their shower to turn them on, or they do it whilst in the bath to make the most of the extra moisture. I've never tried either of those though, so I'm not sure how effective either method is.
Reply 5
No, the only thing before that was kissing. I am really petite too. Perhaps try one finger? That's probably the best way to start. I've also heard some girls use the head of their shower to turn them on, or they do it whilst in the bath to make the most of the extra moisture. I've never tried either of those though, so I'm not sure how effective either method is.

I'll try it thanks. Is it safe to use something like lube if you're a virgin or do I need to get a particular type? :s-smilie:
I'll try it thanks. Is it safe to use something like lube if you're a virgin or do I need to get a particular type? :s-smilie:

No problem! Yes, that's absolutely fine, any type is good. I would personally recommend using something non-flavoured and non-textured. Until you know what you like, things like tingle, etc probably wouldn't be a good starter.
Reply 7
No problem! Yes, that's absolutely fine, any type is good. I would personally recommend using something non-flavoured and non-textured. Until you know what you like, things like tingle, etc probably wouldn't be a good starter.

OK I'll go and buy it from Boots haha dont want anyone seeing :ninja:

Yeah those seem extreme lol
OK I'll go and buy it from Boots haha dont want anyone seeing :ninja:

Yeah those seem extreme lol

There are websites online which will send it directly to you in discreet packaging, so no one else will know what's inside it? I think one is called lovehoney. But you can always go straight to a store. I would recommend doing some online research to see which one you fancy. The best brands are Durex or Pasante in my opinion.
Reply 9
There are websites online which will send it directly to you in discreet packaging, so no one else will know what's inside it? I think one is called lovehoney. But you can always go straight to a store. I would recommend doing some online research to see which one you fancy. The best brands are Durex or Pasante in my opinion.

I might do, I don't want it to be on my bank staement though :tongue:

Would it be weird if I got it from somewhere like ann summers and asked them which one to get too?

Thanks yeah I think its just durex in the boots next door
Lovehoney makes it discreet on your bank statement too. It states "LH Trading". I've ordered from them several times with no problems!

Take a look:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/plain-packaging/

Not at all, that's what the employees are there for! Honestly, Ive been in there to ask about vibrators and they're all so professional!
Lovehoney makes it discreet on your bank statement too. It states "LH Trading". I've ordered from them several times with no problems!

Take a look:
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/plain-packaging/

Not at all, that's what the employees are there for! Honestly, Ive been in there to ask about vibrators and they're all so professional!

It seems like a good site I'll browse around :smile:

Thanks again! :yep: Do I need to bring proof of age btw? I look young :ninja: I've heard about people getting IDed in ann summers lol
It seems like a good site I'll browse around :smile:

Thanks again! :yep: Do I need to bring proof of age btw? I look young :ninja: I've heard about people getting IDed in ann summers lol

Awesome, glad I could help! I would personally take it as I got ID'd!
^Yeah Ill take my driving licence haha :colondollar:

Original post by JCampos
I believe if you buy a vibrator the hymen will break. About fingering... I have no idea, I guess it depends how thick are your fingers xD

Sorry I missed ur post. Isn't a vibrator like a thin finger tho?
Reply 14
But I want to try stuff like fingering myself or buying a vibrator.. Im over the age of consent. :yep:

Is there any way to do this without breaking my hymen or telling if I'm going to break it before I do? Idc about it but I don't want it to hurt/the blood :lol:

The hymen doesn't work like that. The hymen is an elastic film around the edge of the vagina. It doesn't necessarily break from sex. However the hymen does sometimes break from things like cycling or just everyday life.

If it hurts, you should stop and consult your doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
The hymen doesn't work like that. The hymen is an elastic film around the edge of the vagina. It doesn't necessarily break from sex. However the hymen does sometimes break from things like cycling or just everyday life.

If it hurts, you should stop and consult your doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait so what does break it? I was sure inserting something into the vagina could break it, ofc a guy is thicker than a finger but it can still break :colondollar:
Reply 16
Wait so what does break it? I was sure inserting something into the vagina could break it, ofc a guy is thicker than a finger but it can still break :colondollar:

It can be anything. Can break, but it doesn't have to. College humour did a video about it that's very informative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
It can be anything. Can break, but it doesn't have to. College humour did a video about it that's very informative.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have the link? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 18
Do you have the link? thanks :biggrin:

Here. On the app so it might not work.
https://youtu.be/PM79UBTwfsg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
^Yeah Ill take my driving licence haha :colondollar:

Sorry I missed ur post. Isn't a vibrator like a thin finger tho?

I have no idea to be honest ahah never used one! :P

Quick Reply

Latest