The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I recieved rejection way back on 9th NOV. I applied 14th OCT and had already sat the LNAT on the 8th OCT. Seemed to me like an automatic rejection because all other aspects of application are pretty good. Maybe because Im European IB applicant. It said somewhere else on here they expect a higher LNAT from Internationals for some strange reason.

I have offers from my 2 non-LNAT UNis QMUL and Exeter, rejected from Oxford and KCL on LNAT and just waiting for the last bad news from Bristol.

Good luck with Kings
Original post by Bijoux1801
Hahaha thats how I feel about Nottingham. Especially since I got below average for my lnat score. You just have to stay positive though,even if you do get rejected. If its not meant to be its not meant to be...everything happens the way it does for a reason. Stay strong☺

Awww, thanks very motivational! I've heard a lot people have been getting the AAA offer from Notts so there is still hope. You'll know soon. I just wish they'd reject me so I don't have to waste any more time.
I got 25 on my LNAT and have 9A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS and have been predicted A*A*A, yet I still have not heard back from Nottingham; I got the email saying those with bad LNATs but good results or vice versa would be 'gathered and held', yet neither of these aspects are particularly bad for me, so I'm confused as to why I still haven't heard lmfao
Original post by cuddledumpling
Awww, thanks very motivational! I've heard a lot people have been getting the AAA offer from Notts so there is still hope. You'll know soon. I just wish they'd reject me so I don't have to waste any more time.

Hahaha! What if you do get an offer?? It's not over until it's over lol. Yeah people are getting offers from notts but I'm just doubting I'll get one because I read somewhere their cut-off score is 25 :frown:. But if it's not meant to be...it shall not be.
Original post by Octavie88
Hi Crocface! When did you receive your answer from King's? I scored 18 too but still haven't heard anything in return..

@crocface with your low LNAT scores is there a possibility you could try to get into Kings in August during Clearing? im sure there will be places at the tops unis because people may have missed their offers or have had a change of heart to study and may want to take a gap year instead?

Original post by crocface
I recieved rejection way back on 9th NOV. I applied 14th OCT and had already sat the LNAT on the 8th OCT. Seemed to me like an automatic rejection because all other aspects of application are pretty good. Maybe because Im European IB applicant. It said somewhere else on here they expect a higher LNAT from Internationals for some strange reason.

I have offers from my 2 non-LNAT UNis QMUL and Exeter, rejected from Oxford and KCL on LNAT and just waiting for the last bad news from Bristol.

Good luck with Kings

Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck.

Original post by connieiscrazy
I got 25 on my LNAT and have 9A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS and have been predicted A*A*A, yet I still have not heard back from Nottingham; I got the email saying those with bad LNATs but good results or vice versa would be 'gathered and held', yet neither of these aspects are particularly bad for me, so I'm confused as to why I still haven't heard lmfao

nottingham is so boring as a town. it's great if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of London.
Hahaha! What if you do get an offer?? It's not over until it's over lol. Yeah people are getting offers from notts but I'm just doubting I'll get one because I read somewhere their cut-off score is 25 :frown:. But if it's not meant to be...it shall not be.

Ahahahah :biggrin: If they did I'd probably be all diva and go... I'm choosing Exeter who gave me an offer the on same month lol Well, I don't think there's any back up for that claim I think they'll be looking for above 20. The 25 sounds like the ideal score for candidates but exceptions always take place. Durham has given places to 18 and Oxford to 19 scorers before!
Original post by Audrey18
Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck..

Is it really? I thought it was less harsh?
Bristol gave me an offer with an LNAT score of 24
Ahahahah :biggrin: If they did I'd probably be all diva and go... I'm choosing Exeter who gave me an offer the on same month lol Well, I don't think there's any back up for that claim I think they'll be looking for above 20. The 25 sounds like the ideal score for candidates but exceptions always take place. Durham has given places to 18 and Oxford to 19 scorers before!

Haha "diva" lololol. Congrats on the offer from Exeter!
Yeah maybe theres no backup but its alwats safer to be having a score above average. Ive heard people getting in with significantly lower scores as well but i think every othet aspect of your application has to be incredible . Which isn't the case for me 😂. Just your aberage student
Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck..

Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22
Haha "diva" lololol. Congrats on the offer from Exeter!
Yeah maybe theres no backup but its alwats safer to be having a score above average. Ive heard people getting in with significantly lower scores as well but i think every othet aspect of your application has to be incredible . Which isn't the case for me 😂. Just your aberage student

:biggrin: Aww, thanks! Doubt your an average student. Everyone who does law is so self deprecating I swear. Half of us would be like geniuses if we chose something less difficult. Congrats on your Bristol offer - your doing it right! Well, yh the Notts applicants are insanely smart but there is still hope. Hang in there, they haven't rejected you yet ok?! :wink:
Original post by Cholesta

Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22

no pressure... got 22 points on my LNAT and an offer from Bristol... I really don't think they are so harsh about LNATs, otherwise they would look at my score and laugh... plus my friend got an offer from Durham with 21 points
Original post by Cholesta

Yes, that's what I though seems like some misinformation going on there.
Original post by itsmecatherine

no pressure... got 22 points on my LNAT and an offer from Bristol... I really don't think they are so harsh about LNATs, otherwise they would look at my score and laugh... plus my friend got an offer from Durham with 21 points

Yes, exactly :biggrin: when did you get your Bristol offer? Congrats btw
Original post by smaeb
Bristol offer holders - what are your predicted grades and how did you do on the LNAT?

Predicted A*A*A with an LNAT score of 24

thank you ! I got it this Tuesday, so 26th of Jan :tongue:
I have an offer from Durham with 23 (below average)..........
Original post by promise104
I have an offer from Durham with 23 (below average)..........

Congrats! That's so amazing
Original post by itsmecatherine

thank you ! I got it this Tuesday, so 26th of Jan :tongue:

Awesome :biggrin: Oooo thanks that's helpful!
:biggrin: Aww, thanks! Doubt your an average student. Everyone who does law is so self deprecating I swear. Half of us would be like geniuses if we chose something less difficult. Congrats on your Bristol offer - your doing it right! Well, yh the Notts applicants are insanely smart but there is still hope. Hang in there, they haven't rejected you yet ok?! :wink:

Hahaa yeah law students are always like that. I guess its because the entry requirements tendto be so high so we never feel smart enough. Yeah I'm trying to hang in there but at least there's an offer from one lnat uni. I don't feel like all thepractices and late nights havr gone to waste 😂. Btw are you an international student?

Latest

Trending

Trending