The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ffiorentini
Yeah that's what I was like when I got it! :laugh: yeah it'll be my firm, not completely sure about my insurance yet but I have quite a bit of time to choose! Are you planning on firming yours as well?

Absolutely, I'm not that bothered about what'll be my insurance, because they'll mostly be the same offer (I already have an A* in further maths :tongue:)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Spoderman14
Absolutely, I'm not that bothered about what'll be my insurance, because they'll mostly be the same offer (I already have an A* in further maths :tongue:)

Ahhhh so you already did your A levels so would get an unconditional?
Original post by Crozzer24
Anyone have any idea about whether I can change my college application as I haven't actually chosen a college

Just email them before the end of february (when college allocation actually happens in most cases), the admission office should be able to process it
Original post by scratchedpaw
Ahhhh so you already did your A levels so would get an unconditional?

Nah, I'm in year 13, but I finished my maths a-level last year, which means that my offers from pretty much everywhere will be AA :smile:
Nah, I'm in year 13, but I finished my maths a-level last year, which means that my offers from pretty much everywhere will be AA :smile:

Ahh man must be nice only having 2 A levels to do this year, silly me is doing 4 Hahahaha. You've applied for maths too right?
Ahh man must be nice only having 2 A levels to do this year, silly me is doing 4 Hahahaha. You've applied for maths too right?

Well I would be doing Physics Chemistry and Further Maths A levels this year, but I'm only taking half of FM because of illness. Nah, Chemistry
Well I would be doing Physics Chemistry and Further Maths A levels this year, but I'm only taking half of FM because of illness. Nah, Chemistry

FM is the best, but if you're ill you can't help it. Well chemistry and maths are right next to each other on campus Hahahaha so if you ever change your mind about subject choice (not that you will) hahahahaha
Offer for Classical Civilisation. You should all know that my GCSEs are bare average, so I really think theres hope for everyone.
Original post by TitanCream
Offer for Classical Civilisation. You should all know that my GCSEs are bare average, so I really think theres hope for everyone.

What did you get at GCSE? Just I guess it only really matters to Unis when it's the area you're looking to study
What did you get at GCSE? Just I guess it only really matters to Unis when it's the area you're looking to study

About two As, Bs, Cs and even a D.

So yah :O Not good.
About two As, Bs, Cs and even a D.

So yah :O Not good.

What were your AS results like, and you still got a couple of A's so it's not like you didn't do well in all of your subjects
Nice! When abouts did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were your AS results like, and you still got a couple of A's so it's not like you didn't do well in all of your subjects

ABBD
Original post by jamesgates1
Nice! When abouts did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Late October
ABBD

They're good grades, stop doubting yourself - Durham gave you an offer because they liked you, you just have to prove them that they were right
They're good grades, stop doubting yourself - Durham gave you an offer because they liked you, you just have to prove them that they were right

Thank you, I haven't even told my family yet!

Ah ok, well done for that! :biggrin: What college did you apply to? I applied to St Mary's (or, I applied to University college but then had the realisation that a) it's quite far away from lectures and b) I'd be pretty likely to get randomly allocated to somewhere else so I changed it)
Original post by ffiorentini
Ah ok, well done for that! :biggrin: What college did you apply to? I applied to St Mary's (or, I applied to University college but then had the realisation that a) it's quite far away from lectures and b) I'd be pretty likely to get randomly allocated to somewhere else so I changed it)

I went for St. John's, it was definitely the one I liked the most, and so many people have said that you'll love whichever college you end up in anyway, so I don't really mind :smile: plus, it's only a 10 minute bike ride across pretty much the whole town, so distance isn't really a problems I don't think
Has anybody heard back for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History yet out of interest? I have been waiting for ageeessss and now UCAS Track is down and its starting to stress me out a bit. Ok, a lot!
I really need to know whether I can start planning for an open day or not (in terms of practicality, getting there will need a lot of forethought for me).
Ah, its such a specific course I don't fancy my chances tbh...
Original post by wryter_reeda
Has anybody heard back for Ancient, Medieval and Modern History yet out of interest? I have been waiting for ageeessss and now UCAS Track is down and its starting to stress me out a bit. Ok, a lot!
I really need to know whether I can start planning for an open day or not (in terms of practicality, getting there will need a lot of forethought for me).
Ah, its such a specific course I don't fancy my chances tbh...

While not related to your course, I can assure you it's normal with Durham to wait ages; the admissions lady told me the majority of applicants won't hear until February. Sorry I can't help you more, but you're not alone <3
Original post by Ivoryfall
While not related to your course, I can assure you it's normal with Durham to wait ages; the admissions lady told me the majority of applicants won't hear until February. Sorry I can't help you more, but you're not alone <3

Don't worry that was very helpful thanks! My main concern is about hearing by the first of February because I think that means I can then get on a March open day (or not as the case may be) according to an email I received. Thanks again for your help - it was definitely reassuring! ::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest