The Student Room Group

I have decided to become a vegan. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by remixsong
nice :biggrin:.
Watch that video, she explains her daily meals it's good , it shows what foods to eat.

I will! Thanks! :biggrin:
Were you a vegetarian before becoming a vegan? And why be a vegan over a vegetarian?
good choice
[video="youtube;PB_ZMiYy_OQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_ZMiYy_OQ[/video]
Reply 43
Original post by Blondie987
I will! Thanks! :biggrin:

This is how I am going to eat tomorrow :
Breakfast - Oatmeals + banana and strawberries ( I mix the oatmeal - which is made of water with the fruits).
Salad.
2 glasses of Almond milk.
Tea.

In between meals I am going to eat peanuts/walnuts.

Lunch - Beans + rice.
Salad.
Fruits - apples/oranges.

Dinner - Frozen vegetables.
Sweet Potatoes.
Salad.
Fruits.

I also only drink water and tea - no cola,alcohol or sugar ( that Is because I want to work out as well it's not related to veganism :biggrin:...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Lord Samosa
Were you a vegetarian before becoming a vegan? And why be a vegan over a vegetarian?

No ...I ate regular - junk food,meat etc...

Vegetarians still eat dairy and eggs - both industries are cruel to the cows and chickens...

Vegans eat only plant based products...
No harm to animals...
This is how I am going to eat tomorrow :
Breakfast - Oatmeals + banana and strawberries ( I mix the oatmeal - which is made of water with the fruits).
Salad.
2 glasses of Almond milk.
Tea.

In between meals I am going to eat peanuts/walnuts.

Lunch - Beans + rice.
Salad.
Fruits - apples/oranges.

Dinner - Frozen vegetables.
Sweet Potatoes.
Salad.
Fruits.

I also only drink water and tea - no cola,alcohol or sugar ( that Is because I want to work out as well it's not related to veganism :biggrin:...

I love fruit so I think I'll probably try that for breakfast and my Uni has quite good vegan options so I'll have a look, I do want to improve my diet anyway so I'll take your advice, thanks again! :biggrin:
Reply 46
I love fruit so I think I'll probably try that for breakfast and my Uni has quite good vegan options so I'll have a look, I do want to improve my diet anyway so I'll take your advice, thanks again! :biggrin:

Yes...
Take things gradual...
See what plant-based products you can add to your diet and what products which are made from animals you can take out...

I just love doing things "cold turkey" :biggrin:
Yes...
Take things gradual...
See what plant-based products you can add to your diet and what products which are made from animals you can take out...

I just love doing things "cold turkey" :biggrin:

I do think the same way about going cold turkey, personally if I go too gradually it's too easy for me to move back into old habits so I will give it my best shot! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Yet another vegan who doesn't understand farming
No ...I ate regular - junk food,meat etc...

Vegetarians still eat dairy and eggs - both industries are cruel to the cows and chickens...

Vegans eat only plant based products...
No harm to animals...

What if you only ate free range eggs?
Reply 50
Original post by sw651
Yet another vegan who doesn't understand farming

It's not farming it's a cruel industry that tortures and slaughters billions of helpless animals every year.
Reply 51
Original post by Lord Samosa
What if you only ate free range eggs?

I personally think those "free range eggs" are a complete BS by those companies who want to portray themselves as "humane", but in reality it's sill cruel...
Reply 52
I do think the same way about going cold turkey, personally if I go too gradually it's too easy for me to move back into old habits so I will give it my best shot! :biggrin:

I didn't realize that using the term "cold turkey" is not the best example on this thread LMAO...

cold beans or cold lentils from now on :p:D
I didn't realize that using the term "cold turkey" is not the best example on this thread LMAO...

cold beans or cold lentils from now on :p:D

Haha, fair enough :smile:
Reply 54
It's not farming it's a cruel industry that tortures and slaughters billions of helpless animals every year.

Explain how eggs are produced, and milk then. You clearly don't know :smug:
Reply 55
I personally think those "free range eggs" are a complete BS by those companies who want to portray themselves as "humane", but in reality it's sill cruel...

" personally think" is the key phrase here.
Reply 56
Haha, fair enough :smile:

One thing I should mention though , is that if you go cold turkey you need B12 which only occurs in animal food.
So you need to drink Almond/soy milk to to get that vitamin B12 which only occurs in meat...
One thing I should mention though , is that if you go cold turkey you need B12 which only occurs in animal food.
So you need to drink Almond/soy milk to to get that vitamin B12 which only occurs in meat...

Ok, I like almond milk so i think I'll go with that :biggrin:
Reply 58

Yeah me too , I like the taste :biggrin:
And I think it's healthier than soy milk as well...

But seriously watch her channel she is a vegan , and she has some great tips about vegan food...
Reply 59

Make sure its a sugar free one! The normal ones are full of sugar.

Quick Reply

Latest