The Student Room Group

what sort of salary can i expect at PwC working in technology?

i have been invited to an assessment center by PwC for a grad role in technology (data assurance to be exact). looking online, the pay looks awful (28-30K) however these figures that I'm finding are from older dates (2008-2011).

the role is really appealing - however, i have several other invites to AC's for companies that I know are paying 35-45K, making PwC pretty low on my priority list atm.

does anyone know what kind of pay I can expect from PwC? is it really as bad as 28-30K?

cheers
Reply 1
About 35k
Reply 2
Original post by ahpadt
About 35k
is that a guess? i woulda thought 35K too, but people in the IB + consulting forum are saying around the 30K mark.
Reply 3
Who is paying £45k?
Original post by MC booSack
is that a guess? i woulda thought 35K too, but people in the IB + consulting forum are saying around the 30K mark.

Bear in mind that the IB forun is occupied almost entirely by people who don't work in tech. Actually in many cases they haven't even got to uni yet.

Whether the job is based in London or not will make a difference, many companies pay more in London because the cost of living is so much higher. 35k in London or 30k outside London sounds about right.
Reply 5
Original post by MC booSack

I know someone who got offered a grad scheme at PWC. He said 35k is the typical figure, atleast in London.

If you get a job at a high growth (or XBOXHUGE) firm, I wouldnt worry about salary. If you work for a high growth firm, you can get a 50% raise no problem within the first year or two.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ahpadt
I know someone who got offered a grad scheme at PWC. He said 35k is the typical figure, atleast in London.

If you get a job at a high growth (or XBOXHUGE) firm, I wouldnt worry about salary. If you work for a high growth firm, you can get a 50% raise no problem within the first year or two.
thanks man
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending