The Student Room Group

What is your definition of a real man?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frankieboy
This is more like the definition of an Alpha male.

Funnily enough, a lot of the time, an Alpha can find he gets less women because of his uncompromising nature. But the women he does get will be genuine and probably higher quality.

Well sort of, but as a bisexual vegetarian lefty liberal I don't think I necessarily qualify as an alpha male :smile:
Original post by BlackSweetness
You say this is what you want! All girls say this is what they want, but theyll really go for the dickhead level 3 btec sport who couldnt five a flying **** how they feel.
Women are strange creatures

lol. Would never go for a dick if I could ever find a nice hearted man.
Original post by BrokenLife
A man is he who can understand me. A man is he who understand my feelings or at least try to understand them. A man is he who is gentle with his words most of the time, sure we all lose our tempers at one point. A man is he who can respect me. A man is he who can understand the fact that I can be moody at times, perhaps needy as well. I know its nit the best trait but we're all humans. A man is he who doesn't get tired of me or perhaps accepts me as I am. A man is he who values my feelings.

Would you do all of that for a man back ?
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Well sort of, but as a bisexual vegetarian lefty liberal I don't think I necessarily qualify as an alpha male :smile:

:tongue:

Original post by AnonymousPrince319413
Would you do all of that for a man back ?

That is my first priority to do for my husband. I want to understand him and get to know who he really is. Always be there for him. I can't wait for it.
Any living male human species.

One who can think therefore exists.
lol. Would never go for a dick if I could ever find a nice hearted man.

So you would go for a dick if you couldn't find a nice-hearted man? :holmes:
Me :yep:
Original post by College_Dropout
Me :yep:

I can second that. That manly beard is proof enough.
NOT listening to The Smiths/Radiohead.
Regularly getting in to nightclub punch ups/pulling birds
Deadlifting at least twice a week.
Not apologising for farting in the lift.
Original post by Yaa dunno
Your definition of a man is funny.:laugh:

Your level of testosterone is what decides if you are worthy or not to be acknowledged as a man or not.:haughty:

The level of troll is too damn high
Original post by BlackSweetness
You say this is what you want! All girls say this is what they want, but theyll really go for the dickhead level 3 btec sport who couldnt five a flying **** how they feel.
Women are strange creatures

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm dying :'D xD
The sexism in this thread is insane.
There is a confusion in this thread between what women want and what they find attractive. While some women find the worst of humanity attractive(Look at the number of murderers in prison who suddenly have admirers and letter-writers), most women find what every human being in the world finds attractive: Confidence.

While the jerk can -seem- to be confident, it is a false confidence. He genuinely -doesn't- care what someone thinks and so has the illusion of confidence. When women are immature, it is often easy for these folk to trick them in to thinking they have that confidence.
It never lasts, which is why their relationships are often a string of one-night stands. Once they're in the light, they aren't nearly as attractive.

It's just the opposite of the 'Wounded Dove' who goes to a party, drinks, gets a girl alone and tells her some deep, dark secret as a means to build rapport and lead to sex. That, also, is successful with many women and rarely leads to anything substantial,.

Real, actual confidence is that person who walks in to a party and makes everyone feel good; His laugh is infectious. The person that you, as a male, think "That guy seems cool." is what most women find attractive. It also leads to real relationships rather than broken strings of sad one-night stands.

Other than that, there are lots of people claiming to know the 'Secret' of women: "Caveman them!" they'll say, and that will work with some women. "Put on sparkly eyeshadow and a top hat." others will say, and that will work with some women. The only universal advice, though, is to build confidence - Love yourself without hating others and you'll be much more successful at every relationship you have.
Original post by Kalail
This thread was inspired by another member. Just post your views on the subject question here

A real man is someone who wakes up in the morning, goes to sleep at night and inbetween strives for progress! :wink:
Someone who identifies as a man... and has a heartbeat...
A man is he who can understand me. A man is he who understand my feelings or at least try to understand them. A man is he who is gentle with his words most of the time, sure we all lose our tempers at one point. A man is he who can respect me. A man is he who can understand the fact that I can be moody at times, perhaps needy as well. I know its nit the best trait but we're all humans. A man is he who doesn't get tired of me or perhaps accepts me as I am. A man is he who values my feelings.
Original post by trapking
A man who is goal driven and knows where he is going in life. He knows he has responsibilities but he is always focused towards his goals in life and is willing to find a queen who will help guide him on his way to success. A queen who can not only be his partner in crime but one who will be there for him when he needs comfort and love.

I aspire to be that man :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending