The Student Room Group

What grade could I get if I just revised with CGP revision guides for AS?

I'm a good student with good teachers, and I am naturally good at sciences. I'm looking to get A grades in chemistry and physics AS. Would you say that these revision guides are good enough to get me A grades in these two sciences at AS-level?
Original post by Rubberbandit
I'm a good student with good teachers, and I am naturally good at sciences. I'm looking to get A grades in chemistry and physics AS. Would you say that these revision guides are good enough to get me A grades in these two sciences at AS-level?

If you practice, sure. As long as you know the points on the specifications and have good exam technique, then As are achievable.
Original post by Rubberbandit

Definitely not on their own but, as as supplement to the "official" textbooks, yes.
Reply 3
According to my Biology teacher, a grade C. CGP isn't too great if you're going for the A's unfortunately, but as said above, it will be ok as a supplement.
Seeing as you're doing the other sciences, don't take my word for it, but I'd imagine it'll be of similar helpfulness despite that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I used them at as (with past papers) and they were gd
I found the Edexcel Chemistry AS & A-Level CGP guides from two years' ago absolutely fantastic and my number one go-to revision aid. I made some of my own notes as well but found them immensely helpful.

I found the equivalent AQA Physics CGP guides 'meh' at best and didn't use them very much.

I averaged fractionally off 99% on all four of my A-Levels (double maths, physics, chemistry) :colondollar:
I know a guy that used it for A2 as well and got and A*. But he's crazy smart (has 4 A*s and 7 As at AS!).
Thanks for the advice peeps!

Quick Reply

Latest