The Student Room Group

This I've made a mistake on my UCAS application! :(

NA
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mightybis0n
So i sent my application off earlier this month and have currently received two offers, yet I realised today I may have got my GCSE grades and the exam boards wrong :frown:

As I'm currently studying away from home and my GCSE and A level certificates have been lost for some time I just had to go from memory

I got offers for English subjects and I know I put those correct ones on, but my science GCSE grades I'm pretty sure I mixed up somewhere (not inflated them just mixed around, C in Chem and D in Physics when it was the other way around), and I also forgot to enter an awful grade I got for Systems about 5 years ago

Will this have an impact on my application? As UCAS is currently down till Monday I can't even check what possible mistakes I've made, just from memory

Thanks in advance

When you know what the facts are, email the details to [email protected]

Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

Do it as soon as you can. Without the correct facts, your application is technically fraudulent and universities can take away your offers if they are so minded.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
When you know what the facts are, email the details to [email protected]

Once they confirm that they've updated their records, let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.

Do it as soon as you can. Without the correct facts, your application is technically fraudulent and universities can take away your offers if they are so minded.

Who cares? Its gcse
Original post by GeologyMaths
Who cares? Its gcse

Universities do.
Universities do.

I highly doubt it will change anything
NA
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks guys!

Didn't want to leave it really late and be seen as a fraud etc by universities, even if it is just switched grades

Does anyone know if a G is a pass? I abhorred Systems and did so bad at it, have read somewhere that it's a fail so it doesn't need to be included

Cheers

Everything even including U grades needs to be included im pretty sure, so yeah the G will have to go on

Not the point.

Many universities ask for GCSE certificates at enrolment. There's no problem correcting a mistake as soon as you realise it but universities are very unsympathetic towards applicants they believe are intentionally deceiving them.
NA
(edited 8 years ago)
This is what im worried about, as ljmu has given me an offer and now i need to make some minor changes is it likely they will rescind it?

None of the course i chose are related to the GCSE subjects i need to ammend, however i dont want to come accross as dishonest as it was a genuine mistake!

They are highly unlikely to, and the point about telling them now is that it is you being honest about a genuine mistake. If you 'forget' about it and it comes to light later, then they are going to look at it differently and can rescind their offer if they are minded to do so, on the grounds of dishonesty. You will come across as honest now. Later, it will look deliberate.
They are highly unlikely to, and the point about telling them now is that it is you being honest about a genuine mistake. If you 'forget' about it and it comes to light later, then they are going to look at it differently and can rescind their offer if they are minded to do so, on the grounds of dishonesty. You will come across as honest now. Later, it will look deliberate.

That's what I thought best, I have some friends who didn't declare all their GCSEs and aren't fussed about calling up to include them now. Better safe than sorry I guess

Do you know if UCAS still able to make changes to the education section at this point?
That's what I thought best, I have some friends who didn't declare all their GCSEs and aren't fussed about calling up to include them now. Better safe than sorry I guess

Do you know if UCAS still able to make changes to the education section at this point?

Ucas can do pretty much what it likes, when it likes. It's only you who can't. Give them a call on Monday but also use the email address I gave you.
Ucas can do pretty much what it likes, when it likes. It's only you who can't. Give them a call on Monday but also use the email address I gave you.

I will do, thanks for the help
I swear you can just blag your GCSE grades if you're applying to a "not so prestigious" course !
A cousin of mine did and he's at Essex doing computer science 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chez231
I swear you can just blag your GCSE grades if you're applying to a "not so prestigious" course !
A cousin of mine did and he's at Essex doing computer science 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't want to end up getting spot checked and caught out, I've heard that if the courses are pretty full they have every right to cancel your application if something is missed off or untrue

Apparently it can even happen in the final year!
I don't want to end up getting spot checked and caught out, I've heard that if the courses are pretty full they have every right to cancel your application if something is missed off or untrue

Apparently it can even happen in the final year!

Oh well in that case it isn't worth it ! Request your grades from each exam board etc and then call up UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile
NA
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending