The Student Room Group

aren't we just addicted to everything?

as humans, aren't we just addicted to practically everything life has to offer. if it feels good or even decent we just do it again and again and that's how we build our lives, spend our lives, and actually make decisions in our life( if you think about it deep enough).

no one really classifies it as an addiction unless it's bad for you or "interfering with normal life routine" but isn't normal life routine just addiction to our normal life routine?

like everything that we do, is out of personal gain and some level of addiction?

Spoiler

if i'm honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting at I just want to see other people's opinion on this?
Yes its true.
why do all the deep/philosophical/depressing/weird threads appear after 12:30? Is everyone on here a late night stoner or something?
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath
why do all the deep/philosophical/depressing/weird threads appear after 12:30? Is everyone on here a late night stoner or something?

the font you use makes your posts appear as some kind of thread-virus... it's cool though
n nah i've been thinking about it for a while now... I guess cause I'm alone with nothing better to do, i decided to ask about it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Might as well face it, you're addicted to love
Original post by batoot
as humans, aren't we just addicted to practically everything life has to offer. if it feels good or even decent we just do it again and again and that's how we build our lives, spend our lives, and actually make decisions in our life( if you think about it deep enough).

no one really classifies it as an addiction unless it's bad for you or "interfering with normal life routine" but isn't normal life routine just addiction to our normal life routine?

like everything that we do, is out of personal gain and some level of addiction?

Spoiler

if i'm honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting at I just want to see other people's opinion on this?

have you been watching asapscience again?
Reply 6
Original post by Ishea16
have you been watching asapscience again?

no i've never heard of them until you just said.

okay so i just watched the first video of theirs that came up "science of cheating" and they are basically putting it down to:
"cheating is clearly based in biology & genetics for alot of us despite being monogamous"? and they have fully pissed me off

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by batoot
the font you use makes your posts appear as some kind of thread-virus... it's cool though
n nah i've been thinking about it for a while now... I guess cause I'm alone with nothing better to do, i decided to ask about it

i am a thread virus :colone:
it's too late for me to even start thinking about this, so i'll just give your thread a bump instead
as a former smoker, caffeine addicted, ex-solvent sniffer who has also experimented with far harder drugs in the past

yes as i replaced my habits with a need for rolex, cash and rolexes
Original post by batoot
no i've never heard of them until you just said.

okay so i just watched the first video of theirs that came up "science of cheating" and they are basically putting it down to:
"cheating is clearly based in biology genetic for alot of us despite being monogamous"? and they have fully pissed me off

Spoiler

youll get addicted now trust me, i think they are good, obvs you have your own opinion but i think sometimes they give controversial theories to get more people talking about it or something, but there is always some sort of logic

and i completely dsagree with that video
its just an excuse for people now

i can just imagine a conversation with this
'how dare you cheat me?!'
'its in ma blood..:smug:.'

lol
Meh I like caffeine however I've definitely gone a week or two without it (not on purpose as such) and never had withdrawal symptoms. I guess I'm not so easily addicted to substances then
Original post by batoot

Spoiler

Yes I think you're right. But I also like to believe that there are humans out there who have picked up on this and like to live a more adventurous life. I hope I can one day meet someone like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending