Scroll to see replies

Spanish and portuguese.
I speak 5 languages.
•Spanish
•German
•English
•French
•Portuguese
I'm bilingual - French and English fluently. Have tried, and failed, at learning many other languages within school settings (Italian, Latin, Russian, Dutch, Spanish). But do know basics for most of them. :smile:
The 5th most spoken Language of the world and you didn't remember putting it in the options?

Portuguese :biggrin:
Original post by rileystringer1
Comment tu fais pour améliorer en espagnol? Tu l'apprends par toi-même ou t'as des cours?

G toujours voulu apprendre l'espagnol mais I don't have the patience et je veux pas le mélanger avec le français car j'étudi celui-ci au lycée alors peut-être que ça serait pas une bonne idée (c'est-à-dire learning Spanish now would probably interfere with my French learning)

J'ai 5 heures d'espagnol par semaine l'école) :smile: En fait, je pense que le français est vraiment utile comme base pour l'espagnol à cause de la grammaire (les règles se ressemblent) :smile: It's really easy to just "guess" words in Spanish if you know your French as most of them are really similar. You might find that you mix up the two languages sometimes but I found my French knowledge really helpful! I'm in my 3d year of Spanish now and my level is quite good already, so go for it!
Lithuanian
French
English
Japanese
Original post by JCampos
The 5th most spoken Language of the world and you didn't remember putting it in the options?

Portuguese :biggrin:

oii :h: tudo bem?
Original post by rileystringer1
oii :h: tudo bem?

Olá, mas penso que isso seja Português Brasileiro, estou certo? :P
Original post by Adelemyqueen
J'ai 5 heures d'espagnol par semaine l'école) :smile: En fait, je pense que le français est vraiment utile comme base pour l'espagnol à cause de la grammaire (les règles se ressemblent) :smile: It's really easy to just "guess" words in Spanish if you know your French as most of them are really similar. You might find that you mix up the two languages sometimes but I found my French knowledge really helpful! I'm in my 3d year of Spanish now and my level is quite good already, so go for it!

Same goes for Italian, Portuguese and Romanian, funnily enough.

I once went to Verona in Italy and spoke a mix of Spanish/Italian/French and the woman understood me and I understood her :biggrin:

So I won't say I'm "fluent" in Italian, but I'm sure if I spent a few months there I would be.
Original post by BrokenLife
German
Urdu
Punjabi
English

Aren't Urdu and Punjabi far too similar to be considered separate languages?

Isn't it like Flemish and Dutch...?
Original post by Sgt_Haytham

They are similar but are very definitely separate languages :smile:
Or else Hindi and Urdu would be pretty much the same :smile:
Original post by JakeyJakeJake
They are similar but are very definitely separate languages :smile:
Or else Hindi and Urdu would be pretty much the same :smile:

To me they're just different dialects. An Urdu speaker can quite easily read Punjabi, for example.

I speak quite basic Dutch yet I can understand Flemish and can hold short-ish conversations.
To me they're just different dialects. An Urdu speaker can quite easily read Punjabi, for example.

I speak quite basic Dutch yet I can understand Flemish and can hold short-ish conversations.

Sure they are similar, but they are positively 2 different languages :smile:
I can see where you are coming from though
Which other languages do you speak?
Original post by JakeyJakeJake
Sure they are similar, but they are positively 2 different languages :smile:
I can see where you are coming from though
Which other languages do you speak?

English, French and Spanish fluently and then basic Portuguese, Spanish and the Dutch.

These to me are all very seperate ,what with being from 4 different countries. You could argue that Spanish and Portuguese are quite similar, but not in the same sense as Urdu and Punjab.
English, French and Spanish fluently and then basic Portuguese, Spanish and the Dutch.

These to me are all very seperate ,what with being from 4 different countries. You could argue that Spanish and Portuguese are quite similar, but not in the same sense as Urdu and Punjab.

Wow, that is awesome!
Fair enough :smile:
Portuguese (bilingual), German and Japanese. I currently live in Japan though and I'm not speaking anything other than Japanese though, so I can tell I'm getting worse at my other languages lol

No way! Punjabi has so many different words and expressions. They're certainly two different languages!
Reply 117
I speak English. :u:
At home I sometimes speak Dutch to my mum and any of her friends or family that are over. I speak Dutch fluently and then I learnt Spanish in school to GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup I can speak Bulgarian, I know a reasonable amount of Russian and I can read Greek (don't know what any of it means tho! :colondollar:)
And I know very basic Polish...
Здравей!
Здравствуйте!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending