The Student Room Group

what sort of salary can i expect at PwC working in technology?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by will2348
That's all well and good for you guys but £40k a year in London and even some parts of Surrey is definitely not getting you a flat/mortgage...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who says Im working in London?
Original post by The_Internet
Who says Im working in London?

Well, assuming OP is...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OPSthrowaway
So I think that's a bit of a fallacy, this idea that everyone on anything above 50k works like a dog.

It's just not true. I can't say this without sounding like a total dick, but I'm trying. My office is empty by 5:30 most days, I earn significantly more than the london average.

I would say I work a long day (after 8pm) twice a month.

I never said that. I appreciate it sounds like Im saying that tbh, but for a lot of people earning that much money, unless they're in a decent area, then their hourly wage may be less

Pretty sure the tier 3 guys get some 55K + on call allowance.
Original post by will2348
That's all well and good for you guys but £40k a year in London and even some parts of Surrey is definitely not getting you a flat/mortgage...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you and your partner earn that it will do - I live in London.
Reply 84
Original post by OPSthrowaway
x
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3844173&p=62250579#post62250579

according to tech guys i should expect a £35K salary. damn, does noone on this forum actually work for pwc? lol. i don't know whether i should be excited about this opportunity.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MC booSack
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3844173&p=62250579#post62250579

according to tech guys i should expect a £35K salary. damn, does noone on this forum actually work for pwc? lol. i don't know whether i should be excited about this opportunity.

M8 you got one response saying 'about 35k' from god knows who in that forum. But yet you've dismissed the figures from people here who actually work at a big4...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by Princepieman
M8 you got one response saying 'about 35k' from god knows who in that forum. But yet you've dismissed the figures from people here who actually work at a big4...

Posted from TSR Mobile
2 responses for 'about 35k'.

i'm not dismissing anyone, i'm on the fence. from my experience what the other dude said is true; a lot of people in this sub haven't even finished university and they act like they're running the game. i've already seen a bunch of people tell me on this thread that i can't get £30K outside of an IB which is quite clearly a load of BS.

28-30K would be straight robbery. i feel that if this is the case, then someone is sleeping on the job in the salary department @ PwC so i might have to dig my nose in there, find out who it is, then eliminate him.
(edited 8 years ago)
2 responses for 'about 35k'.

i'm not dismissing anyone, i'm on the fence. from my experience what the other dude said is true; a lot of people in this sub haven't even finished university and they act like they're running the game. i've already seen a bunch of people tell me on this thread that i can't get £30K outside of an IB which is quite clearly a load of BS.

don't know who to believe. surely a consultant who just meets clients and pretends to know wtf he's talking about shouldn't be making more ££ than the guys actually implementing the solutions?

does nobody here actually work @ PwC? :frown:

No, the people who have responded (OPsthrowaway, Brabzz etc) have been in the field for a long time.

That was one person's off comment (which was obviously wrong) about the £30k+ salary figures being for IB.

One person can sell whilst the other is basically an implementation monkey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I've got friends who have worked at PWC and I can confirm the salary is no higher than 35K as a grad.
Reply 89
Original post by Bdoskail
Yeah, I've got friends who have worked at PWC and I can confirm the salary is no higher than 35K as a grad.
someone else pretty much just confirmed it on the tech sub aswell:

Original post by ahpadt
I know someone who got offered a grad scheme at PWC. He said 35k is the typical figure, atleast in London.

now 35K is what you call a civilised starting salary - you can actually live like a human on that. after completing their ACA qualification it gets bumped up to ~50K i believe.

28-30K was always daylight robbery / borderline slavery.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 90
Remember that it's your starting salary.
Original post by Reue
Oh believe me, I'm probably the biggest supporter of early retirement on this forum by far. However from what you've said (struggling to live on 30k, needing to make 100k by age 30) it sounds like your expenses and salary predictions are both way too high to achieve any meaningful early retirement.

To be fair, he gets a job at a Big 4 firm doing consultancy, he'll be on £100K a year by the time he is 30.
Reply 92
Original post by Fas
To be fair, he gets a job at a Big 4 firm doing consultancy, he'll be on £100K a year by the time he is 30.

Thats a big if.. and how much will his living expenses be?
Original post by Bdoskail

a year out and 35k thats amazing surely
Original post by Reue
Thats a big if.. and how much will his living expenses be?

Yeah thats true.

Although, honestly speaking, I'm starting to get the feeling he's a troll - one of his earlier posts talked about being a billionaire by the age of 25.
Reply 95
if i can land the data science role (which i have a full day of interviews for next week), i'll be on 45-50K starting. potentially half way there at just 23, sup?
Original post by Fas
Yeah thats true.

Although, honestly speaking, I'm starting to get the feeling he's a troll - one of his earlier posts talked about being a billionaire by the age of 25.
wow the word 'troll' gets thrown so loosely on TSR. i said me and my buddy are developing a mobile app that could make us billionaires if its as successful as apps like snapchat, instagram, whatsapp. this isn't trolling, it's a fact.
(edited 8 years ago)
pushed yourself to earning slavery money while i'm literally sending rejection e-mails to companies offering more. your bum self isn't fit to wear these pythons on your feet.

you slip your foot into just one of those and it's a ****ing celebration. don't be a fool. i was on £840/week at UBS during my internship which is basically double your life savings. you're not pushing sh;t.

Did you convert UBS into a full time offer?
Reply 97
Original post by Kiltennel
Did you convert UBS into a full time offer?
was offered an industrial placement year which would have guaranteed me a grad scheme, but uni didn't allow it (too short notice).
(edited 8 years ago)
if i can land the data science role (which i have a full day of interviews for next week), i'll be on 45-50K starting. potentially half way there at just 23, sup?
wow the word 'troll' gets thrown so loosely on TSR. i said me and my buddy are developing a mobile app that could make us billionaires if its as successful as apps like snapchat, instagram, whatsapp. this isn't trolling, it's a fact.

Yeah, I wasn't arguing that point. I was actually supporting what you were saying, saying you would be on £100K a year by the age of 30. The point the other user made, and I agree with, is it is a major 'if'.

You land the data assurance role, and are good at it and get promoted, then creds to you, you'll get the £100K. However you cannot guarantee that. Hell, you show that kind of arrogant attitude in an interview, they'll tell you to **** off then and there. Nobody likes arrogance, and you haven't got the job yet mate, so calm your ****ing tits.

In regards to your app - theres a high probability your app won't be as successful as SC/Instagram etc, so don't bank everything on that. I don't say that as a personal insult, I am basing that off pure stats and logical reasoning.
30K is poverty in london/some parts of S.E.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending