The Student Room Group

Advice

Hey Guys,
I applied for Child Nursing at UCLAN but unfortunately I didn't get in. However, they gave me a conditional offer in Science with Honours in Sexual Health Studies but I'm not sure if I should accept it because I don't really know what its about and whether I'll enjoy it or not.
Can anybody tell me what this course is about?
Also can someone tell me what kind of career I do in with the degree?
Thanks
Original post by aysha98
Hey Guys,
I applied for Child Nursing at UCLAN but unfortunately I didn't get in. However, they gave me a conditional offer in Science with Honours in Sexual Health Studies but I'm not sure if I should accept it because I don't really know what its about and whether I'll enjoy it or not.
Thanks

Hey omg did you do the tests at UCLan? Can you let me know how the numeracy and literacy/nursing test is like?
Reply 2
Original post by aysha98
Hey Guys,
Thanks

This may be useful for you.
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_hons_sexual_health_studies.php
Hi, Congratulations on the offer for the alternate course!
I have an upcoming interview at UCLAN for child nursing...
Could you give me some tips/advice on the protocol
For instance any particle aspects/topics i should go over and what questions could come up x
@aysha98
Reply 4
Original post by Millie_09
Hi, Congratulations on the offer for the alternate course!
I have an upcoming interview at UCLAN for child nursing...
Could you give me some tips/advice on the protocol
For instance any particle aspects/topics i should go over and what questions could come up x
@aysha98

Hey Congratulations on getting the Interview!
Umm firstly you should be confident - smile, shake hand ect...
learn the proper roles of a nurse like what they do in a day (like the 6C)
look up commen issues with nursing with the NHS in the news (you could get asked that)
they might give to a scenario question so make show you know how to answer them
make sure you know the course AND the university

hope that helps you xx
Thankyou! @aysha98
Original post by lostinn3verland
Hey omg did you do the tests at UCLan? Can you let me know how the numeracy and literacy/nursing test is like?

how was the general knowledge and numeracy test?
Original post by aysha98
Hey Guys,
Thanks

I notice no one has really helped with your course etc. If you really want to do nursing, I would recommend not doing that course as you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Many universities tend to offer a different course to unsuccessful applicants to help fill up their spaces and to also ensure they're getting money from somewhere!
Look into the course and email to ask for further information to see if you'd enjoy it and what you could do afterwards. However, look at applying next year if this is what you want. And if you can, apply to 5 different universities to maximise your chances.
Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by deviant182
I notice no one has really helped with your course etc. If you really want to do nursing, I would recommend not doing that course as you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Many universities tend to offer a different course to unsuccessful applicants to help fill up their spaces and to also ensure they're getting money from somewhere!
Look into the course and email to ask for further information to see if you'd enjoy it and what you could do afterwards. However, look at applying next year if this is what you want. And if you can, apply to 5 different universities to maximise your chances.
Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice it really helped. so I've decided not to take up the offer because i really want to do nursing and know im gonna apply next year :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by aysha98
Thanks for the advice it really helped. so I've decided not to take up the offer because i really want to do nursing and know im gonna apply next year :smile:

Good luck for next year... Did they give you any feedback as to why you didn't get a place this year? Just make sure you use the next 12 months to work on whatever they may be and alter your personal statement accordingly
Reply 10
Original post by kjp06
Good luck for next year... Did they give you any feedback as to why you didn't get a place this year? Just make sure you use the next 12 months to work on whatever they may be and alter your personal statement accordingly

No i didn't give me any feedback...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending