The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
I have my interview on the 20th of January, any advice or insight into what it's like? It's my first interview so have no idea what to expect!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by fairplaytoyou
I'll PM you later if that's okay? I'm kind of busy atm with uni work so I don't wanna give you half hearted response. :smile:

Hello there, I am also looking to apply to Kings College in 2017. I would have applied to the 2016 cohort, but my nerves really got to me in submitting my application as I was having constant nightmares regarding the numeracy and literacy and therefore, realised I need more time to revise. I have a GCSE C in Maths and English which I got many moons ago and a 2:1 from University of Birmingham, which I gained quite confidently (submitting my dissertation in last minute) yet, I'm more nervous for the numeracy and literacy tests than I was for my assignments at university. Would it be possible for you to advise me what sort of questions came up etc or anything that can help me get started, please? I guess my fear stems from the fact that I really want this, as King's is the only university that I will be applying for, therefore any help is appreciated.
Reply 702
Applied for MH Nursing at Kings. Went for my Numeracy and Literacy tests on 27th Juanuary. Anyone know how long it takes for them to answer back? What is the pass mark for Numeracy and English? Many thanks people...Good luck
Original post by GKT
Applied for MH Nursing at Kings. Went for my Numeracy and Literacy tests on 27th Juanuary. Anyone know how long it takes for them to answer back? What is the pass mark for Numeracy and English? Many thanks people...Good luck

I had mine on the 20th January and haven't heard anything back yet... Takes about two/three weeks I think :smile:
Reply 704
Original post by Maggie1008
I had mine on the 20th January and haven't heard anything back yet... Takes about two/three weeks I think :smile:

Ahhh ok. do you know the pass mark?
Reply 705
Ive also attended the test on the 27th, worried about literacy !
Do people who apply for "widwifery" go in this section?
Is there any extra exams i.e entrance exams for the course above or? ^

I have a sis applying for it next year just curious as I'm applying to KCL for Physics.
Original post by GKT
Ahhh ok. do you know the pass mark?

Sorry - just realised you asked about the tests rather than the entire interview! I had my interview and tests on the 20th and they said two/three weeks, so for just the tests, I'm not sure!
The information for the maths and literacy test is here- this is for nursing, but this is where I got my information from :smile: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/index.aspx

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 708
Original post by Maggie1008
Sorry - just realised you asked about the tests rather than the entire interview! I had my interview and tests on the 20th and they said two/three weeks, so for just the tests, I'm not sure!
The information for the maths and literacy test is here- this is for nursing, but this is where I got my information from :smile: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/selectiondays/index.aspx

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks Maggi....good luck to us
I had my interview and tests on 12th January for Adult Nursing and not heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed that no news is good news. Someone I met when whilst having a coffee before my interview had her interview a hour after me for children's nursing and she got a offer on Tuesday 26th January.
Reply 710
Original post by DuchessC
I had my interview and tests on 12th January for Adult Nursing and not heard anything back yet. Fingers crossed that no news is good news. Someone I met when whilst having a coffee before my interview had her interview a hour after me for children's nursing and she got a offer on Tuesday 26th January.

Congratulations to her. What course you applied for
Reply 711
I applied for adult nursing. I also have a interview at Nottingham next week and still waiting to hear from Birmingham. How about you GKT, what have you applied for and where to?

Mental Health Nursing.....CCCU, LSBU, City, Kings and Brighton!
Original post by GKT
Mental Health Nursing.....CCCU, LSBU, City, Kings and Brighton!

Have you had any of your interviews yet? Good luck, and I hope you get a offer from your preferred uni.
Reply 713
Have you had any of your interviews yet? Good luck, and I hope you get a offer from your preferred uni.

I have had interviews at Kings (not heard back yet), LSBU - I passed the test waiting for interview dates. Got rejection at brighton, didn't even go through to tests. Going to CCCU in February. Very stressful days!
I got an offer 2 weeks after my
interview! So flipping happy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 715
I got rejected by UWE and Cardiff, didn't even make the interview stages. Had my heart set on UWE as could of lived at home if I was offered a place. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. When did you have your interview at Kings? I hate waiting, they said we would hear in 2-3 weeks, it will be 3 weeks for me on Tuesday.

Haven't had my interviews yet. Had my tests lat week waiting for feedback fingers crossed for us
Original post by GKT
Haven't had my interviews yet. Had my tests lat week waiting for feedback fingers crossed for us

Wishing you all the best, all the waiting is driving me insane, but hopefully we will hear soon.
Original post by GKT

Hey I went on the 27th too. I definitely know that he pass mark for maths is 13 out of 15. Not really sure what it is with the English. I think they just look at spelling and grammar.
Reply 718
Original post by Ashleyjkanne
Hey I went on the 27th too. I definitely know that he pass mark for maths is 13 out of 15. Not really sure what it is with the English. I think they just look at spelling and grammar.

Oh dear! now I am panicking. I saw/read somewhere it is 12/15....God if it is 13 am dead....:frown:
Original post by GKT
Oh dear! now I am panicking. I saw/read somewhere it is 12/15....God if it is 13 am dead....:frown:

its 12. thats what their website says

Quick Reply

Latest