The Student Room Group

New Years Transformation Competition discussion

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62305675]I'm guessing the 500kg is a cobb or pony type thing? Yeah unfotunately we tend to give them a sniff of sedative and they're flat out. It's pretty normal; I've had to do the whole head lift thing

Taunton isn't far from home. I don't mind where I get my first job lol; I'll be taking the first one I'm offered :tongue:

14.3 half-thorough bred.
Basically a competition horse, it was for a 15hh class but i'm now out the class (just as well for my gains haha as she's borderline too small) having attained my 20th birthday.

My main horse now is 15.2 but he just has small withers, he looks an easy 16.1/16.2. Late Gelded so built af. Dat extra testosterone has given the kid some serious gains.
I'm being kinda serious, i made a joke that mum had been feeding him steroids at some show we were at and everyone laughed, he's a beautiful monster. Most importantly he can easily handle when i get bigger.

Yeah, head lift thing is annoying tbh.
Fair play :smile: good attitude to have, i'm sure you will be put fairly near to home
Original post by Unistudent77
14.3 half-thorough bred.
Basically a competition horse, it was for a 15hh class but i'm now out the class (just as well for my gains haha as she's borderline too small) having attained my 20th birthday.

My main horse now is 15.2 but he just has small withers, he looks an easy 16.1/16.2. Late Gelded so built af. Dat extra testosterone has given the kid some serious gains.
I'm being kinda serious, i made a joke that mum had been feeding him steroids at some show we were at and everyone laughed, he's a beautiful monster. Most importantly he can easily handle when i get bigger.

Yeah, head lift thing is annoying tbh.
Fair play :smile: good attitude to have, i'm sure you will be put fairly near to home

Fair enough, what do you compete in?
Attachment not found
image.jpeg[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62306041]Fair enough, what do you compete in?

You won't know it but....

Working Hunter Pony. Basically like show jumping but with natural fences included so water trays, gates, hedges/bull finches, styles (narrow jumps basically, ditches, walls etc etc. Usually on grass. Then do a short show and your horse gets judged on it's conformation.

Basically like showing but a round of jumps is the most important factor. I'm now in the highest age group (20-25) excluding adults. Jumps are about 1.2 metres so fairly big.
I'll compete until 25 and then i'm done.

Would attach a photo but i've lost all my photos...

Also, do a bit of One Day eventing (Dressage, Show jumping and cross country)... Will be doing that with the small one to bring her on and sell :smile:

My mum was worked for Captain Mark Phillips back in the day so it was her profession for many years but after my sister was born she retrained to go into education. Life story over :tongue:

Edit: got a photo of him and one of my mum from back in the day haha.

Not sure that jacket fits anymore haha, that was July. Jacket was tight asf in October so it'll need sorted
(edited 8 years ago)
Had Thursday weigh in, another 2lb off :h:
Eaten another tub of ice cream again :erm:
Might lower calories slightly (although weigh ins will always fluctuate).
68.8kg this morning (151.4lbs) which is (+0.9kg) on last week. Not taking it too literally though.

Caught a cold. Horrendous nights sleep, one of the worst for about 5 years. Not enjoying life right now tbh
Reply 106
My scales think I've gained 1lbs this week, either I've been particularly stupid or they need the bin

Caught a cold. Horrendous nights sleep, one of the worst for about 5 years. Not enjoying life right now tbh

I feel like that today. My man flu has progressed into headache and feeling like I smoke. I slept like **** last night. But I'm on my way to a tae kwon do sparring seminar because my club has paid and it's too rare a chance to miss.
2 splurges in 2 days has led to me going back up to 87kg. Back on it today

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=BKS;62367365]My scales think I've gained 1lbs this week, either I've been particularly stupid or they need the bin

I feel like that today. My man flu has progressed into headache and feeling like I smoke. I slept like **** last night. But I'm on my way to a tae kwon do sparring seminar because my club has paid and it's too rare a chance to miss.

Depends when you last ate etc...
The bad thing is i didn't eat after about 8pm, on the other hand, this cold is making my stomach weird, i feel bloated and just ill. So will weigh myself next two mornings to check if i really did put on the best part of 2lbs but i can't think i put on that much.

3 hours sleep (if that) really sucks, lay in bed for about 10 hours but i was most certainly awake for the majority. Oscilating between freezing and too warm. When i finally did fall asleep
at 5am, i woke up at 6 covered in sweat. Fun times.

[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62368021]2 splurges in 2 days has led to me going back up to 87kg. Back on it today
Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite a heavy Cucumber...

Car broke down, see if that car steals my gains.... Oh no. This is not ok. As a family we now have 4 cars in the garage currently, one remains. The car which is usually on the garage... It's a tense time.
How much is it to get a day pass at a gym? Or for a week? Not sure if gyms even offer it....
Car is getting seen to on Monday. I think i'm waiting down here until she's fixed so no gym access.
I'm wondering if it's even worth it? A frustrated, sleep deprived man. I'm not a happy bunny today.
How much is it to get a day pass at a gym? Or for a week? Not sure if gyms even offer it....
Car is getting seen to on Monday. I think i'm waiting down here until she's fixed so no gym access.
I'm wondering if it's even worth it? A frustrated, sleep deprived man. I'm not a happy bunny today.

Varies hugely

Most I've paid for a session is£7.50

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;62370989]Varies hugely

Most I've paid for a session is£7.50

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair.
Did some research for my local area.
Bannatynes was £12 per session (no!) but a smaller gym (looks well equipped although small) is £3 per session. So i'm a very tempted man...
Only problem is i'll have to cycle there and back. 8 mile round trip i think. On many a night out i've ran home afterwards so with a bike it shouldn't be too bad. If only the Quadbike was road legal...

All depends on how i feel. Still feel beliw normal but i'm definitely improving so i'm hopeful of a better noghts sleep and then recovering further before Monday.
Reply 112
Depends when you last ate etc...
The bad thing is i didn't eat after about 8pm, on the other hand, this cold is making my stomach weird, i feel bloated and just ill. So will weigh myself next two mornings to check if i really did put on the best part of 2lbs but i can't think i put on that much.

3 hours sleep (if that) really sucks, lay in bed for about 10 hours but i was most certainly awake for the majority. Oscilating between freezing and too warm. When i finally did fall asleep
at 5am, i woke up at 6 covered in sweat. Fun times.

I just jumped on my scales there, 67.3kg again. Exact same as this morning and yesterday morning despite having clothes on and drinking a load of water as I walked home. Think they're ****ed

Pure Gyms do a day and week pass for £7 and £20ish which is awful given their monthly price
[QUOTE=BKS;62372101]I just jumped on my scales there, 67.3kg again. Exact same as this morning and yesterday morning despite having clothes on and drinking a load of water as I walked home. Think they're ****ed

Pure Gyms do a day and week pass for £7 and £20ish which is awful given their monthly price

Probably dodgy scales. I was 71kg last night (clothes on, hadn't had dinner actually)...

Are you cutting atm?

Yeah, monthly rates are like £30 and yet gyms want more than £20 a week... Madness
Reply 114
Probably dodgy scales. I was 71kg last night (clothes on, hadn't had dinner actually)...

Are you cutting atm?

Yeah, monthly rates are like £30 and yet gyms want more than £20 a week... Madness

Yeah. Being a few kgs lighter will do my tae kwon do some good and it'd be nice to find my abs once in my life

I figure they don't want it to be too appealing, they want you to think you might as well get a membership even if you were only going to go once a week. But then they still keep the option for folk who are visiting since you'll probably pay it anyway if you are dedicated enough to train whilst away from your normal gym
[QUOTE=BKS;62372353]Yeah. Being a few kgs lighter will do my tae kwon do some good and it'd be nice to find my abs once in my life

I figure they don't want it to be too appealing, they want you to think you might as well get a membership even if you were only going to go once a week. But then they still keep the option for folk who are visiting since you'll probably pay it anyway if you are dedicated enough to train whilst away from your normal gym

Fair enough haha. Yeah, i thought you were like 5'5 so 67kg is not that light.

It makes perfect sense for them. I do 'get it' but it's annoying for someone visiting somewhere for say 7-14 days. At least i might be only a couple days and can pay the money for a couple sessions.
It probably is wrong that gym access is starting to become a consideration when making decisions haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
Fair enough haha. Yeah, i thought you were like 5'5 so 67kg is not that light.

It makes perfect sense for them. I do 'get it' but it's annoying for someone visiting somewhere for say 7-14 days. At least i might be only a couple days and can pay the money for a couple sessions.

Yeah, 5ft5 and for a long time lacking a height appropriate sense of weight :lol: For TKD I'd need to loose 10kg to be in a good weight class which isn't happening but lighter for jumping would be good

It's really annoying, I went to Pure Gym a couple of times over Christmas and I spent more than a months membership

Gym access is a consideration in where I'll live, but if it's your hobby I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If it were a factor in planning trips then I think that's a bit wrong but equally I enjoy visiting gyms when on holiday
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=BKS;62372859]Yeah, 5ft5 and for a long time lacking a height appropriate sense of weight :lol: For TKD I'd need to loose 10kg to be in a good weight class which isn't happening but lighter for jumping would be good

It's really annoying, I went to Pure Gym a couple of times over Christmas and I spent more than a months membership

Gym access is a consideration in where I'll live, but if it's your hobby I don't think there's anything wrong with that

Go for that 'ripped' look then :tongue:
But in all seriousness, no man should weigh 8 and a half stone.

Well i don't plan on living out in the sticks so don't think that will be an issue.
I'm not sure if i class the gym as a 'hobby'... More part of my life. Like, i already have 2/3 other 'hobbies' so i'm not sure where i class the gym amongst all that...
Reply 118
Go for that 'ripped' look then :tongue:
But in all seriousness, no man should weigh 8 and a half stone.

Well i don't plan on living out in the sticks so don't think that will be an issue.
I'm not sure if i class the gym as a 'hobby'... More part of my life. Like, i already have 2/3 other 'hobbies' so i'm not sure where i class the gym amongst all that...

I was around 57kg before I started lifting, I thought I looked average but I saw an old picture a while ago and was genuinely surprised by how twig shaped I was

I'm not sure what I'd consider lifting if I didn't consider it hobby, it's something I choose to do for enjoyment so I think it has to be classed as a hobby even if it has healthy and vanity benefits too
Original post by BKS
I was around 57kg before I started lifting, I thought I looked average but I saw an old picture a while ago and was genuinely surprised by how twig shaped I was

I'm not sure what I'd consider lifting if I didn't consider it hobby, it's something I choose to do for enjoyment so I think it has to be classed as a hobby even if it has healthy and vanity benefits too

A way of life :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest