The Student Room Group

I got rejected by McDonald's FFS

Why on earth would you do this to me?
Killed my self esteem this did. I feel like no one wants to hire me because I have an Asian name and they just discriminate before even giving out an interview. I have the appropriate experience in food retail, I don't get why it's that hard to say hey we'll call you in to have a chat and reject me after.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your available work times probably weren't suitable for them.
How do you think the interview went?
What GCSEs do you have?
Original post by AmazingArry
Why on earth would you do this to me?
Killed my self esteem this did. I feel like no one wants to hire me because I have an Asian name and they just discriminate before even giving out an interview. I have the appropriate experience in food retail, I don't get why it's that hard to say hey we'll call you in to have a chat and reject me after.
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's likely nothing to do with your name and more the fact that you probably don't have the personality traits they want. That being said, keep applying, I had to apply 3 times to the same store before they called me in for an interview
Unless you've been told it's specifically your name that puts employers off you have no reason to believe this is any sort of discrimination.

With McDonald's, did you pass their quiz that test whether you are suitable or not? If you didn't pass this quiz your application would not have even got to the manager's desk.
Is your name Muhammed Jihad Durka Durka Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik
Is your name Muhammed Jihad Durka Durka Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi?

Spoiler

Haha no.
Ive got As at gcse
Haha no.
Phew! lol.
Original post by Gherk
Your available work times probably weren't suitable for them.

I put down anytime for every day except monday
There are many asians working at McDonalds or KFC. Just make a new email and apply again and google to see what other people wrote for the questions or what they wrote in their statement.
I wouldn't worry too much, I've been rejected by McDonald's but then a few weeks later got job offers by quite a few employers, I doubt it's got anything to do with discrimination, McDonald's or any job in general is difficult to get, just don't give up!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Peak, thats like failing a BTEC
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Unless you've been told it's specifically your name that puts employers off you have no reason to believe this is any sort of discrimination.

With McDonald's, did you pass their quiz that test whether you are suitable or not? If you didn't pass this quiz your application would not have even got to the manager's desk.

I passed the test and it got sent off. But I got an email this morning saying the usual thanks for your interest bla bla bla due to high volume of applications we cant provide individual feedback on your application.
I passed the test and it got sent off. But I got an email this morning saying the usual thanks for your interest bla bla bla due to high volume of applications we cant provide individual feedback on your application.

Did you have to write a statement? I can't remember what the rest of the application process involves.
When I applied, I applied to two stores at the same time, and one gave me an interview and one gave me a rejection, so it really depends on who is reading your application.
Original post by Keyhofi
How do you think the interview went?
What GCSEs do you have?

Ive got As at gcse and Im doing a natural science degree so its not like Im illiterate
Did you have to write a statement? I can't remember what the rest of the application process involves.
When I applied, I applied to two stores at the same time, and one gave me an interview and one gave me a rejection, so it really depends on who is reading your application.

I didnt have to write a statement.
I didnt have to write a statement.

So all it was was personal details and the quiz?
Original post by chikane
There are many asians working at McDonalds or KFC. Just make a new email and apply again and google to see what other people wrote for the questions or what they wrote in their statement.

Technically im not a proper asian, theres only an eighth of asian in me. I just have an asian name.
So all it was was personal details and the quiz?

Basically and references and education background

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending