The Student Room Group

Will they kick me out?

I'm aware that this is the Relationship section but i have friends one here and i dont want them to know it's me :/
So i failed my first AS mock and im very scared that i will get kicked off the course because of that. It will destroy my dreams and i can't ever face my family and friends again.
Will i get kicked off the course because of my mock results? It's nearly February and i can't take another course it's too late

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm aware that this is the Relationship section but i have friends one here and i dont want them to know it's me :/
So i failed my first AS mock and im very scared that i will get kicked off the course because of that. It will destroy my dreams and i can't ever face my family and friends again.
Will i get kicked off the course because of my mock results? It's nearly February and i can't take another course it's too late

no they cant
No, at my sixth form quite a few people failed at least 1 AS exam, and no one was kicked out. They'll be more concerned about helping sort out the issue so you can get a better grade in the summer. Don't stress! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by robinson96
No, at my sixth form quite a few people failed at least 1 AS exam, and no one was kicked out. They'll be more concerned about helping sort out the issue so you can get a better grade in the summer. Don't stress! :smile:

Thank you! i feel relived now, my teacher did threaten my class that she will kick us off the course if we fail.
That's ok :smile: Teachers usually say stuff like that to try and give people incentive to revise (as a lot of people don't for mock exams)
Reply 5
Original post by robinson96
That's ok :smile: Teachers usually say stuff like that to try and give people incentive to revise (as a lot of people don't for mock exams)

Thank you for your help :biggrin:
Thank you! i feel relived now, my teacher did threaten my class that she will kick us off the course if we fail.

Original post by xoharrypotter
no they cant

People at my school got kicked off Biology and Maths courses for failing
Reply 7
Original post by Lawliettt
People at my school got kicked off Biology and Maths courses for failing

Really..? omg im so scared now...im gonna get kicked out
What course would that be exactly?
Reply 9
Original post by The Warsmith
What course would that be exactly?

Chemistry :frown:
Chemistry :frown:

Depends on your teachers and that to be honest, people in my Physics and Maths where kicked out last year for doing poorly in AS mocks but in my Further Maths and Chemistry people who did cack in the mocks didn't get kicked off
Nope, a lot of people do badly in their mocks. I've never heard of anyone being kicked out for a bad mock grade. They'll just expect you to revise more to improve.

I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:
Original post by OrchidStar
Nope, a lot of people do badly in their mocks. I've never heard of anyone being kicked out for a bad mock grade. They'll just expect you to revise more to improve.

I wouldn't worry about it. :wink:

Thank you! :biggrin:
They can't kick you off, you're locked to your choices from the 5th of October since you're on the national system so once you're on and submitted, then you're stuck and if you change or get kicked off, then you'll have to carry a dead qualification with you (a U grade with 0 UMS) everywhere you go!
Original post by nikhiltikare
They can't kick you off, you're locked to your choices from the 5th of October since you're on the national system so once you're on and submitted, then you're stuck and if you change or get kicked off, then you'll have to carry a dead qualification with you (a U grade with 0 UMS) everywhere you go!

That's such rubbish lol. As long as you're not entered for an exam, you won't get a grade. You can drop whenever you want. And even then, you can withdraw entry for an exam up until very close to the exam period.

1- take a deep breath and don't worry :smile:

2- If you like the subject, just work really hard, revise, do past papers etc.

3- if it's any consolation, last year, loads of people got a U in the physics mock exam, but an A at the end, at my school.
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
1- take a deep breath and don't worry :smile:

2- If you like the subject, just work really hard, revise, do past papers etc.

3- if it's any consolation, last year, loads of people got a U in the physics mock exam, but an A at the end, at my school.

Thank you :smile: i feel better now .
I don't have experience with a levels but if they kicked you out for failing an exam they wouldn't be a very good school tbh, surely the whole point of mocks is to show you where you're going wrong in time for the final exam?
Original post by Blondie987
I don't have experience with a levels but if they kicked you out for failing an exam they wouldn't be a very good school tbh, surely the whole point of mocks is to show you where you're going wrong in time for the final exam?

They might not want some loser who would fail at the end anyway :frown:
I hope they don't kick me out though cause its a mock :/
They might not want some loser who would fail at the end anyway :frown:
I hope they don't kick me out though cause its a mock :/

If that were the case, most schools would only have a handful of pupils lol, you're not a loser at all, you failed an exam like the vast, vast, vast majority of people in the world have done and your school should help you work where you've gone wrong to fix it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending