The Student Room Group

Liking someone?

So I've been speaking to this girl now online for nearly two months and I really like her, we talk everyday. But i think she just sees me as a friend. Is there anything I can ask her or drop hints? As I don't want to ruin our friendship. We are both girls btw, so please no judgement.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Have you met up in real?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by A321
Have you met up in real?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we haven't we've just been speaking online as we both have anxiety so don't know how that would go. But I love speaking to her so don't want to tell her then it ruin our friendship.
Original post by Anonymous
No we haven't we've just been speaking online as we both have anxiety so don't know how that would go. But I love speaking to her so don't want to tell her then it ruin our friendship.

It'll be a good idea to meet up in real life, to see how she really is. I don't see how far you could go if it's only an online relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by Toy Soldiers
It'll be a good idea to meet up in real life, to see how she really is. I don't see how far you could go if it's only an online relationship.

How can I suggest that though? She lives about an hour away on the train

If you want to take it further, you;d have to meet eventually. How did you meet her online in the first place? Online games, TSR etc?

How much do you know about her interests? Could there be a specific thing that you could suggest meting up to go to, in her town or in yours?

Maybe you could ask to Skype her if you've never seen her face before.

You can go pretty far depending on the people involved. I.e people living eons away. I dated a guy from Aus, I'm UK Based and we dated for 2 years never meeting up once cause he was a dickhead. But that's for another day lol

Just bring it up in a convo and be like, have you ever met up with anyone online before, would you like to? You could bring a friend if you want so you feel at ease and we can meet somewhere like in a coffee shop or a shopping centre, I use this because so she doesn't feel like she's going to be creeped out by meeting someone in like a park. Have you skyped her before and called and stuff? It's important to do so or you will have literally no idea what they're like and have no clue what to talk about or how to act. Ask her if she would like to meet to see the latest film or something then go out to grab something to eat. Ease it into the convo and if she doesn't like it, leave it for later. Don't force it.

An hour is nothing, in the grand scheme of things. If you really like her, I'd say it's worth taking the chance, and talking to her about it, at the least. Surely that's better than looking back and thinking 'what if...'?

(Obviously in terms of meeting up, make sure you've Skyped first, and know that she's genuine etc)

I'd just be honest and tell her, otherwise you will never know if she does like you back.
If you want to take it further, you;d have to meet eventually. How did you meet her online in the first place? Online games, TSR etc?

I met her on tumblr, we both love the same tv show
Original post by shadowdweller
An hour is nothing, in the grand scheme of things. If you really like her, I'd say it's worth taking the chance, and talking to her about it, at the least. Surely that's better than looking back and thinking 'what if...'?

(Obviously in terms of meeting up, make sure you've Skyped first, and know that she's genuine etc)

I know what she looks like we sent pictures of our face to each other like 3 weeks ago :smile:
So I've been speaking to this girl now online for nearly two months and I really like her, we talk everyday. But i think she just sees me as a friend. Is there anything I can ask her or drop hints? As I don't want to ruin our friendship. We are both girls btw, so please no judgement.

thats cute. and just try doing cute little things to make her notice. hope things work out well for you two
I know what she looks like we sent pictures of our face to each other like 3 weeks ago :smile:

Skype to be sure - that could easily be someone else.
I met her on tumblr, we both love the same tv show

:lol: Sorry OP but this made me laugh. :biggrin: Okay back to the point! I'd say go for it. It's much worse knowing you could have at least tried!
I know but then if she doesn't like me it'll make our friendship awkward? And posting on tumblr will be awkward too lol
Original post by SeanFM
Skype to be sure - that could easily be someone else.

I'm so paranoid of things like this so I google image reversed it and it showed nothing
Is this girl definitely bisexual/gay? Have you asked her about her sexual orientation and that before? I'd suggest Skype or FaceTime first to be sure she is who she claims to be, then take steps to meeting up after that.
Original post by Katarvi
Is this girl definitely bisexual/gay? Have you asked her about her sexual orientation and that before? I'd suggest Skype or FaceTime first to be sure she is who she claims to be, then take steps to meeting up after that.

She's bi but has been with girls more than guys so I think she prefers girls better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending