The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

I rang them earlier and explained and got an interview for March 2nd. They emailed me again with the health and declaration forms and it went to my junk so I don't know if that happened before and it just got deleted with time. So it's sorted now thankfully. 😊
Original post by wistfulmuse
hi guys!!! has anyone got any offers from BCU yet and how long do they take to reply after the interview?

I had an interview on the Tuesday and they got back to me the Monday after that
Does anyone know how long Leeds Beckett take to get back to you after interview?
Original post by Aria Abc
I had an interview on the Tuesday and they got back to me the Monday after that

Thats pretty fast!! I hope it was news that you hoped for!!
Thats pretty fast!! I hope it was news that you hoped for!!

Yes thank you
Had an email with an offer from Sheffield! UCAS is down so since I can't see it i feel like it's not real haha! Oh I hope I get the grades!!! I've never wanted anything so badly!!
Original post by RowanB
Had an email with an offer from Sheffield! UCAS is down so since I can't see it i feel like it's not real haha! Oh I hope I get the grades!!! I've never wanted anything so badly!!

this is fast, I thought they waited until march to tell people. Think I've been rejected from here. I wish they'd all be able to just say, so i can at least figure out what grades to aim for. Though it may make it more stressful actually, at least if I know i'm rejected from all 5 then I can prepare for what to aim for next year....
I think I'm on the maybe/maybe not pile for most, as I didn't interview that well due to nerves, so I guess they're waiting and selecting for the very best interviewees...... then it'll trickle down into the maybes.
Original post by Galaxies
this is fast, I thought they waited until march to tell people. Think I've been rejected from here. I wish they'd all be able to just say, so i can at least figure out what grades to aim for. Though it may make it more stressful actually, at least if I know i'm rejected from all 5 then I can prepare for what to aim for next year....
I think I'm on the maybe/maybe not pile for most, as I didn't interview that well due to nerves, so I guess they're waiting and selecting for the very best interviewees...... then it'll trickle down into the maybes.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't think I interview well either and I cried after one of my interviews because it had gone so badly in my opinion but I actually received an offer from that university. The interviewers understand that people get nervous and they will take that into consideration. At the end of the day they just want to check that you're suitable for their course. Good luck and I hope you get the offers you want!
hi guys!!! has anyone got any offers from BCU yet and how long do they take to reply after the interview?

I got an offer today and my Interview was two weeks ago!:smile:

I wasnt expecting it yet either. UCAS track is down too so it was just an email from the uni themselves so i'm half holding my breathe thinking its a mistake. You will get an offer from somewhere! Sheffield was my only choice so I'm relieved. I didnt think my interview went that well to be honest!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RowanB
I wasnt expecting it yet either. UCAS track is down too so it was just an email from the uni themselves so i'm half holding my breathe thinking its a mistake. You will get an offer from somewhere! Sheffield was my only choice so I'm relieved. I didnt think my interview went that well to be honest!

lol, you must have something they look for because I think it's the best that get selected first. The way they conducted the interview at Sheffield I thought was a bit intimidating, I think the tactic was for them to sit there, and give no feedback to maybe purposely make people feel uncomfortable. That's what some others thought too.
Plus I also noticed people in the reception area when you walked in were purposely discouraging and miserable, I just think it's pretty funny how they seem to not think that people might not be able to realise they're intentionally trying to put people off. Since they have to give out more offers than there are places -- they hope that enough people will reject their offer... so it ends up with only the 20 NHS funded places. If more people than that end up selecting them rather than somewhere else they legally have to find to the funds to take them on.
I went on the open day and the people in reception were perfectly fine and normal so they're pretty stupid thinking applicants won't be able to figure out why they're being like that on an interview day....I think it's also the reason why a lot of people on the SLT threads said they disliked Sheffield.
(edited 8 years ago)
lol, you must have something they look for because I think it's the best that get selected first. The way they conducted the interview at Sheffield I thought was a bit intimidating, I think the tactic was for them to sit there, and give no feedback to maybe purposely make people feel uncomfortable. That's what some others thought too.
Plus I also noticed people in the reception area when you walked in were purposely discouraging and miserable, I just think it's pretty funny how they seem to not think that people might not be able to realise they're intentionally trying to put people off. Since they have to give out more offers than there are places -- they hope that enough people will reject their offer... so it ends up with only the 20 NHS funded places. If more people than that end up selecting them rather than somewhere else they legally have to find to the funds to take them on.
I went on the open day and the people in reception were perfectly fine and normal so they're pretty stupid thinking applicants won't be able to figure out why they're being like that on an interview day....I think it's also the reason why a lot of people on the SLT threads said they disliked Sheffield.

Wow, I did not have that experience at all. Everybody was lovely! The group task was a little nervewracking but thats just the nature of it - I've never had a group interview where you get feedback at the time. I really liked it though. They had a current student there to talk to us too which was really helpful. Most of my interview group seemed quite happy! When was your interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by danniblair27
I got an offer today and my Interview was two weeks ago!:smile:

hey congrats!! mine was on monday,
my gosh the wait is so nervewrecking
how did you think you did in the interview?
Has no one else heard from Sheffield? Really paranoid its some kind of mistake now haha!
Original post by RowanB
Wow, I did not have that experience at all. Everybody was lovely! The group task was a little nervewracking but thats just the nature of it - I've never had a group interview where you get feedback at the time. I really liked it though. They had a current student there to talk to us too which was really helpful. Most of my interview group seemed quite happy! When was your interview?

My group interview was fine, and everyone there was nice....except one girl who wasn't in my group thankfully, she was one of the competitive people, even heard from others. I was asking casually if anyone knew were the tram stop was and this girl answered angrily 'ASK AT RECEPTION' as if I was stupid as to just not automatically know.......it kind of just makes me laugh the aggression in it.
Anyway maybe the people in reception were having a busy, hard, boring day. I mean all they do is sit in reception and it was a monday too.
It was also my first interview so I had no idea what to expect and more nervous than ever. I also kind of had the view that Sheffield would be really prestigious and would never accept me anyway. I even emailed admissions to see of it was worth it to apply there in the first place.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RowanB
Has no one else heard from Sheffield? Really paranoid its some kind of mistake now haha!

maybe they know that it's the only one you applied to and they just liked you at interview. They now legally have to accept you and can't go back on the word even if it was somehow an error.
Original post by RowanB

I have a place too! I am so relieved to see that someone else got an offer too because I thought it was a mistake too!
Someone heard back from the University of East Anglia?
Original post by sltinthemaking
I have a place too! I am so relieved to see that someone else got an offer too because I thought it was a mistake too!

Hooray, theres more of us!!! Haha I was really paranoid! Track is back up now so I looked on there and it seems real! :P Do you think you're likely to accept the Sheffield offer?
Original post by Becky.May
Congratulations! I found out on Thursday night at like 10:30 and I really couldn't believe it! So happy! Just got to get the grades which is kind of an exciting challenge! Do you know if we have to reply or anything? I feel really rude not acknowledging the email or anything? Also do you know about applicants day?

Congrats to you too! I know getting the grades is a scary thought! I'm sure we can do it! More motivation then ever!!! Do you think your going to accept the Sheffield offer? The email I got looks pretty automated, so I don't think we need to reply. Only on UCAS when you've made your decision. I haven't heard anything about an applicant day yet, I bet that will be in a separate email at some point!

Quick Reply

Latest