The Student Room Group

Italian town welcomes first baby for 30 years

Scroll to see replies

There shall be. Were headed for depopulation around the 22nd century or so, when the baby boomers and their kids have died off. Every one every where is having less kids
Original post by The_Internet
There shall be. Were headed for depopulation around the 22nd century or so, when the baby boomers and their kids have died off. Every one every where is having less kids

That is good, humans are a drain on the planet and if depopulation didn't occur some disease will inevitably do it
Original post by baleh
1. i just answered that question - it is self-explanatory
2. these are values that western civilisation is built upon; western culture includes: human rights, equality, democracy and rationalism
3. have you been paying attention? many countries in europe are having a population crisis, meaning they will likely require immigration from outside of Europe/the West to maintain their economies etc. immigrants from outside of the West tend not to have been brought up into Western enlightenment values, and therein lies the problem... i thought that was obvious.

No it isn't. Be clear
Many countries have that
Wait so you do tend to hate people who are a different colour but you pretend that you're not racist? What?
Reply 83
No it isn't. Be clear
Many countries have that
Wait so you do tend to hate people who are a different colour but you pretend that you're not racist? What?

1. The people who "do not subscribe to Western enlightenment values" are the people who do not subscribe to Western enlightenment values... Your question makes no sense.
2. Western civilisation is uniquely built upon those principles. If you wish to dispute this, or present an example of another culture/civilisation being similarly built upon such principles then please go ahead and do so.
3. What does colour have to do with anything? I never mentioned colour.
If you honestly believe that, then you believe you yourself are a drain on the planet...

But you clearly have not done anything about that - double standards much?
Original post by baleh
1. The people who "do not subscribe to Western enlightenment values" are the people who do not subscribe to Western enlightenment values... Your question makes no sense.
2. Western civilisation is uniquely built upon those principles. If you wish to dispute this, or present an example of another culture/civilisation being similarly built upon such principles then please go ahead and do so.
3. What does colour have to do with anything? I never mentioned colour.

And I asked you exactly who are these people. I don't know any one like the above. BTW op what are your views on say the death penalty or gays or Muslims or Jews?
2. OK fair enough on that one
3. You said that immigrants tend to not have these values.Does that include western immwestern? And how is that not racist?
Reply 86
And I asked you exactly who are these people. I don't know any one like the above. BTW op what are your views on say the death penalty or gays or Muslims or Jews?
2. OK fair enough on that one
3. You said that immigrants tend to not have these values. Does that include western immwestern? And how is that not racist?

1. these 'people' are not a homogenous predictable group. it could be anyone. their only uniting trait is that they dont subscribe to Western enlightenment values. as such, they will overwhelmingly tend to be those born/raised outside of the West.
2. :smile:
3. No I didn't. I merely noted that it is unlikely that those born/raised outside of the West will subscribe to such values, as they will not have been brought up in such a culture. How can that possibly be racist? Where have I mentioned race at all?
Original post by baleh
1. these 'people' are not a homogenous predictable group. it could be anyone. their only uniting trait is that they dont subscribe to Western enlightenment values. as such, they will overwhelmingly tend to be those born/raised outside of the West.
2. :smile:
3. No I didn't. I merely noted that it is unlikely that those born/raised outside of the West will subscribe to such values, as they will not have been brought up in such a culture. How can that possibly be racist? Where have I mentioned race at all?

And any do you believe that just because someone was born outside of the west they can't have the same principles?
Again what are your views on Muslims, gays and Jews then?

You claim that these people are somehow at odds with western culture just because they're not from the UK. Also what of their kids, who might be born here. Do you suggest that they should fight against their own parents just because of your fantasy war?
Original post by Mathemagicien
If you honestly believe that, then you believe you yourself are a drain on the planet...

But you clearly have not done anything about that - double standards much?

Hardly fair. You can bwliwve that overpopulation of humans is a drain on the planet whilst still being alive yourself.

You also don't know what they want to do. They may wish to adopt or may wish to not have any kids at all. You simply do not know
Reply 89
x

Oh dear, you seem very confused.

And any do you believe that just because someone was born outside of the west they can't have the same principles?

No. I did not say that.

Again what are your views on Muslims, gays and Jews then?

WTF? :confused:

You claim that these people are somehow at odds with western culture just because they're not from the UK.

No I don't.

Also what of their kids, who might be born here.

If you read anything that I wrote, you would know that I specified those "born/raised" outside of the West. That wouldn't apply to such 'kids' now, would it?

Do you suggest that they should fight against their own parents just because of your fantasy war?

My faith in your ability to conduct a reasoned, coherent discussion = non-existent.
Original post by baleh
Oh dear, you seem very confused.

No. I did not say that.

WTF? :confused:

No I don't.

If you read anything that I wrote, you would know that I specified those "born/raised" outside of the West. That wouldn't apply to such 'kids' now, would it?

My faith in your ability to conduct a reasoned, coherent discussion = non-existent.

Then why did you say that immigrants "tend not to have these values" ?

And no it wouldn't but you seem.to be raising your own kids to "defend western civilisation"

There are people here who's parents are immigrants, who have no issues with the westand the only people who believe they do are people like you who say that they "tend not to have these values" and then you expect their kids to defend western values by going against their parents?

Answer the question. Often people whocall for some sort of fantasy civil war have some sort of bone to pick with liberals, gay people, Muslims or Jews. I'm trying to see if you.are one of those people or not
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 91
Then why did you say that immigrants "tend not to have these values" ?

I didn't say that, as far as I can recall.

Please show me where I stated those exact words if you want me to reply further to anything else you have to say, I see no point in holding a discussion with someone who attributes fake quotes to me.
Original post by baleh
I didn't say that, as far as I can recall.

Please show me where I stated those exact words if you want me to reply further to anything else you have to say, I see no point in holding a discussion with someone who attributes fake quotes to me.

Right here
Original post by baleh
immigrants from outside of the West tend not to have been brought up into Western enlightenment values, and therein lies the problem... i thought that was obvious.

Again answer the question regarding liberals, gay people, Muslims and Jews
Reply 93
Right here
Can you read? :confused:

The quote you attributed to me:

"tend not to have these values"

What (you conceded) I actually said:

"immigrants from outside of the West tend not to have been brought up into Western enlightenment values"

Do you understand how to use quotation marks?
Original post by baleh
Can you read? :confused:

The quote you attributed to me:

"tend not to have these values"

What (you conceded) I actually said:

"immigrants from outside of the West tend not to have been brought up into Western enlightenment values"

Do you understand how to use quotation marks?

We were talking about western enlightenment values. I initially paraphrased you. Sure I didn't quote you word for word but why should I have to?

Again, explain to me your views on liberals, gays, Muslims and Jewish people? I've asked you about four times now
Reply 95
We were talking about western enlightenment values. I initially paraphrased you. Sure I didn't quote you word for word but why should I have to?

So I'll take that as a "no" to my question "do you understand how to use quotation marks?".

NB. Note how what I just stated inside quotation marks reflects what was actually said.

Again, explain to me your views on liberals, gays, Muslims and Jewish people? I've asked you about four times now

This is completely irrelevant.

Nevertheless, I'll put you out of your misery. I am a Lib Dem. I fully support LGBT rights and equal marriage/adoption (and am of the view that anyone that does not is inherently homophobic/otherwise bigoted/stupid). I have nothing against muslim or Jewish people, but I am antitheist atheist so I despise their religion/beliefs (people have rights, ideas do not).

I see no utility to be derived from further responding to your incoherent drivel.
Original post by baleh
So I'll take that as a "no" to my question "do you understand how to use quotation marks?".

NB. Note how what I just stated inside quotation marks reflects what was actually said.

This is completely irrelevant.

Nevertheless, I'll put you out of your misery. I am a Lib Dem. I fully support LGBT rights and equal marriage/adoption (and am of the view that anyone that does not is inherently homophobic/otherwise bigoted/stupid). I have nothing against muslim or Jewish people, but I am antitheist atheist so I despise their religion/beliefs (people have rights, ideas do not).

I see no utility to be derived from further responding to your incoherent drivel.

With regards to the quote, I paraphrased you. Deal with it

With regards to the other question I told you that people who call for some sort of civil war tend not to like liberals, gay people, Muslims or Jewish people.
If you simply read what I wrote, you'd realise I was only trying to make sure you weren't one of those guys.. It is entirely relevant given the nature of what you believe.

So what we've seen here is that basically you believe tat no one is threatening western civilisation, aside possibly from some extremists (of all different types) and yet you raise your kids to defend this imaginary threat. OK then
Reply 97

So what we've seen here is that basically you believe tat no one is threatening western civilisation, aside possibly from some extremists (of all different types) and yet you raise your kids to defend this imaginary threat. OK then

Does it hurt being that stupid? :lolwut:
Original post by baleh
Does it hurt being that stupid? :lolwut:

I don't know. You tell me. Tbh you don't come across all too well when most of your posts contain at least one or two insults

I thought you weren't going to reply any more? What changed?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hardly fair. You can bwliwve that overpopulation of humans is a drain on the planet whilst still being alive yourself.

Yes, but that is hypocritical - assuming you want the best for the planet, of course

I'm not advocating suicide, of course, but I'm saying that its hypocritical to say humans should commit suicide, or substantially reduce their numbers, while still living your life, and enjoying Western standards of living (and wastefulness)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending