The Student Room Group

Advice about an interview - quite urgent!

Hi all

I was supposed to Skype interview with a university today.

They told me I would be called 3-4 and a half hours ago (the interview can last half to 2 hours on average - reason it was scheduled late is because it's in the USA).

It's now almost 1am in the morning.

A couple of hours ago I sent an email and they were apparently having technical difficulties which is why I hadn't been called, and they sounded quite irritated that I followed up so I've refrained from sending any more emails.

But I'm honestly falling asleep now and I have no idea if they'd accept me wanting to reschedule because "I'm tired".

Should I wait it out and see if they contact me? Or should I send them an email saying I need to sleep?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell them you need to reschedule. It's a bit disrespectful to make you wait that long and at no point say why there's been a delay. Their response is probably a good indication of what to expect if you study there too.
Reply 2
Original post by FXX
Tell them you need to reschedule. It's a bit disrespectful to make you wait that long and at no point say why there's been a delay. Their response is probably a good indication of what to expect if you study there too.

Hmm okay - it was a bit ambiguous I guess. I'm sure the standard is better though - it is a world class institution :smile: But thanks - I'll give it another 15-20 mins and then send them an email saying so!
Reply 3
Spiderman it's 1am they are probably sleeping surely they would rearrange as it was their fault.
Do they work Sunday maybe contact them Monday?
Good luck Spiderman

Oh it's 1am for you.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'd send a nice email asking if they expect to do the interview soon, or whether it will be another day. I don't think they can get too funny with you, seeing as they are three or four hours late, and it's 1am for you. Don't say you need sleep, just say you need to clarify what's happening.

:sleep:
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
Spiderman it's 1am they are probably sleeping surely they would rearrange as it was their fault.
Good luck Spiderman

Oh it's 1am for you.

The interviewers are in America...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by chikane
Good luck Spiderman

Thanks :smile: Nah they're in the USA so it's like afternoon for them haha. I'm not sure though I'll probably tell them I need to reschedule :smile: Thank you!!

Original post by MouseyBrown
I'd send a nice email asking if they expect to do the interview soon, or whether it will be another day. I don't think they can get too funny with you, seeing as they are three or four hours late, and it's 1am for you. Don't say you need sleep, just say you need to clarify what's happening.
:sleep:

That's a good idea - will do! Thanks! :h:
Reply 7
Original post by jneill
The interviewers are in America...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that he is doing a Skype interview with them so they should rearrange. If Spidey does not want to bother them email tomorrow?
Reply 8
Original post by chikane
I know that he is doing a Skype interview with them so they should rearrange. If Spidey does not want to bother them email tomorrow?

Honestly it's quite disappointing because I've spent a good 4-5 hours today with butterflies in my stomach :/ And now I'll have to go through all that again some other day!

-rant over- :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Student403
Thanks :smile: Nah they're in the USA so it's like afternoon for them haha. I'm not sure though I'll probably tell them I need to reschedule :smile: Thank you!!

That's a good idea - will do! Thanks! :h:

I realised after lol its 1am for you not them!
About 4 over there don't think they will start one now not fair on you.
Original post by chikane
I realised after lol its 1am for you not them!
About 4 over there don't think they will start one now not fair on you.

Yeah :smile: I hope so lol! Now to wait for their reply :3
Honestly it's quite disappointing because I've spent a good 4-5 hours today with butterflies in my stomach :/ And now I'll have to go through all that again some other day!

Bless you send an email saying you want them to get back to you on what is happening and if they will rearrange. Then go to bed it's ok that you want to know what is going on its not fair to keep you in limbo.
Yeah :smile: I hope so lol! Now to wait for their reply :3

Good Spiderman
Original post by chikane
Bless you send an email saying you want them to get back to you on what is happening and if they will rearrange. Then go to bed it's ok that you want to know what is going on its not fair to keep you in limbo.

Original post by chikane
Good Spiderman

Thanks for all your help :hugs:

:hugs: it's okay good luck hope they get back to you quick.
Reply 15

Ever considered changing your name to Spoderman? :biggrin:

Fingers crossed they're not dicks about it.
Reply 16

Your spidey senses were tingling.

Good luck dude!
Original post by jneill
Your spidey senses were tingling.

Good luck dude!

Indeed they were - a little too much for my liking :redface: Thank you!

Original post by Sae.HH
Ever considered changing your name to Spoderman? :biggrin:

Fingers crossed they're not dicks about it.

Haha I think some people know me as 403/Student, while others know me as "that spiderman guy" - I think I'll keep it this way :biggrin:

Update: they replied and seemed apologetic, and offered to reschedule to this evening which I think I'll do.

Thanks all for helping - helped calm my nerves :smile:
Reply 18
Indeed they were - a little too much for my liking :redface: Thank you!

Haha I think some people know me as 403/Student, while others know me as "that spiderman guy" - I think I'll keep it this way :biggrin:

Update: they replied and seemed apologetic, and offered to reschedule to this evening which I think I'll do.

PRSOM!
Reply 19

Did it happen? How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending