The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowie
Your portfolio is amazing! Really love the geometry-hand stuff!
Your sculptures are brilliant! - Wish I had done more 3D stuff...

Thank you! I wish I had more paintings, but I'm hoping to make up for that with my exam project. Really loved your blurred reality project btw!
Original post by adds24
for all of you, who have offers from Oxford Brooke's did you guys go to an interview first or did you just Send them the first 20 images and then you got your offers. I just got an email for an interview so yeah

No interview, got an offer within a few weeks after sending my portfolio
Hi All ... wondering how soon you heard one way or another after submitting portfolios to:

MSA, Liverpool, Sheffield, Northumbria.....?
Reply 603
Original post by afang02
i had an interview in mid November before being offered a place :smile:

Okay cool, is it just one person who interviews you! :redface:
Reply 604
Original post by vionart
No interview, got an offer within a few weeks after sending my portfolio

if you don't mind me asking, are you an international student
Original post by adds24
if you don't mind me asking, are you an international student

Nope :tongue:
Reply 606
Original post by vionart
Nope :tongue:

Wow well done !!!!
Original post by Sean5Star
Hi All ... wondering how soon you heard one way or another after submitting portfolios to:

MSA, Liverpool, Sheffield, Northumbria.....?

Got an offer exactly two weeks after submitting to MSA and still waiting on Liverpool & Sheffield, but I only submitted those last week so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys in ur Bartlett task did most of your purely use pencil and biro pen/fineliner to produce black and white drawings? I used pencil, pen and ink of different forms and colours eg fine liners, loose water based inks, red pencils.. I wanted to showcase some experimentation but I feel as though I might have done too much??! :frown:
Original post by nairline
Hey guys in ur Bartlett task did most of your purely use pencil and biro pen/fineliner to produce black and white drawings? I used pencil, pen and ink of different forms and colours eg fine liners, loose water based inks, red pencils.. I wanted to showcase some experimentation but I feel as though I might have done too much??! :frown:

I used only pencil and graphite stick, because i didnt have any charcoal Dx But i got across what I wanted so I'm not worried about that
Original post by armadsillo
Got an offer exactly two weeks after submitting to MSA and still waiting on Liverpool & Sheffield, but I only submitted those last week so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks that helps to manage my expectations!
Has anyone else applied to Coventry and been given a project to do that will be assessed in your interview? I have ben given one and i'm not too sure in what way to approach it :P
Original post by Maria2698
I'm going on the 8th of march as well! Is yours in the morning or afternoon??

what is your first choice?
Original post by cowie
Thought I'd jump on the carbonmade, online portfolio bandwagon.. https://andrewcowie.carbonmade.com/
So.. I have an interview at The Bartlett on the 11th of February, and have to bring a portfolio...
Would it be a problem that I have so many paintings/drawings and not so much media stuff?
Would you recommend I produce some more 3D work?

are you applying straight from A Level ? or art foundation? portfolio is really impressive, but yeh perhaps a 3d piece of work would be good - you have time
also is cardiff architecture anyone's first choice
Reply 615
Original post by georgiaaahg
are you applying straight from A Level ? or art foundation? portfolio is really impressive, but yeh perhaps a 3d piece of work would be good - you have time

yeah, I'm going to try and produce at least 2 more sculptures by then:smile:
Thanks! - and just A-level, (in y13 now).

Did 5 graphites and 1 with graphite+ink. As long as you've express the theme and your personality/style well enough through the works, i dont think the variety of medium matters:smile:
Original post by georgiaaahg
also is cardiff architecture anyone's first choice

Hi georgia,
Cardiff is my second choice after UCL.
Hey what are your opinions on each page of a physical portfolio consisting of just printed out PDFs. So pictures of models.. Scans of drawings and sketchbook work etc... Presented digitally and then printed out on a1 instead of having the actual copies of the work?
Hey what are your opinions on each page of a physical portfolio consisting of just printed out PDFs. So pictures of models.. Scans of drawings and sketchbook work etc... Presented digitally and then printed out on a1 instead of having the actual copies of the work?

You lose some of the quality of the work if you are choosing printing over using originals. But if you're using photos anyway, deffo get it printed. Just really expensive...

Quick Reply

Latest