The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
looks like division 4 for another season :frown:
Anyone see the video of the Birmingham fans pushing their coach after it had broke down on the way to Bristol. Think their anthem is keep right on to the end of the road, maybe that summed it up well for them today.
Original post by Rock Fan
Barnsley to the promoted

6 wins in a row and now 5 points away from play-offs.

Not gonna lie, I've never seen a team dead last in a league do anything like this.
I don't even support Barnsley either - my grandparents do :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
6 wins in a row and now 5 points away from play-offs.

Not gonna lie, I've never seen a team dead last in a league do anything like this.
I don't even support Barnsley either - my grandparents do :tongue:

It's a hell of a run they are on, full credit as they stuck by their manager.
Jesus Christ, Coventry are well and truly bottling it. Three defeats in a row - the latest of which comes at home to Scunthorpe.

At least Burton and Gillingham both lost, too.
I wouldn't put money on anyone going up out of League one at the minute. Lincoln finally won a game.
Hoping for Shrewsbury in the next round, and then the Mancs at home in the quarters. Dreaming of Wembly..
I wouldn't put money on anyone going up out of League one at the minute. Lincoln finally won a game.

Burton and Walsall for me, though Wigan can probably do it if they put together a good run of form now.

Except for Barnsley obviously.

They're nailed on for first place :wink:
Reply 5189
anyone want Essam?
Original post by Mackay
Burton and Walsall for me, though Wigan can probably do it if they put together a good run of form now.

Burton and Walsall are the only two teams being consistent, but even Burton lost at the weekend.
Burton and Walsall are the only two teams being consistent, but even Burton lost at the weekend.

Every team will drop points, of course, it's all about the response.
Anyone see the video of the Birmingham fans pushing their coach after it had broke down on the way to Bristol. Think their anthem is keep right on to the end of the road, maybe that summed it up well for them today.

Yeah seen that, that video was probably the loudest they were the whole day :grin:
How open were MK Dons today? Fair play to Robinson, who clearly didn't want to abandon his principles at home in front of the TV cameras - especially after they got a stunning result last season in the Capital One Cup last season against LVG's Man United - but they had a suicidal gameplan.
Original post by Mackay
How open were MK Dons today? Fair play to Robinson, who clearly didn't want to abandon his principles at home in front of the TV cameras - especially after they got a stunning result last season in the Capital One Cup last season against LVG's Man United - but they had a suicidal gameplan.

Yeah, we don't know how to play any other way so this was basically the only gameplan we could go for. Oh well, we can now focus on staying in the Championship. :yep:
Fulham call off Moussa Dembéle’s £6m move to Tottenham over loan-back. Spurs wanted striker now but Fulham said he must stay until summer.
It's the end for Teddy Sheringham at Stevenage http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35465521
Congratulations to Middlesbrough on their promotion to the Premier League.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Congratulations to Middlesbrough on their promotion to the Premier League.

Unless they are sponsored by the people who gave you Devon Loch.

Not too much of interest today re transfers. Teddy Sheringham's sacking seems the most interesting story in the Football League. Most people keep their Teddy for years.
Big non-story of the day came at Walsall, who managed to keep hold of Tom Bradshaw amid interest from Championship sides. It was rumoured they had accepted a bid at one stage, but they quickly refuted that in a statement.

Quick Reply

Latest