The Student Room Group

Does the friendzone exist?

Poll

Does the friendzone exist?

A topic of much controversy. Discuss...
No it doesn't, it's a word made up by those who are desperate for affection and wonder why they can't get any
Reply 2
Yep

From, my one of my mates experience then yeah. I wasn't too sure on it at first.
(edited 8 years ago)
How does it not exist? I like someone, they do not like me, ergo I am a friend... ???
No, it's just people being entitled little bitches cause they can't handle rejection.
I voted no. If it does exist, it's not a permanent state. I have female friends I wouldn't date because of their personalities or..lack of. These are things that could be changed, such as having more hobbies and interests, being more independent, growing up a bit etc. I've 'escaped' the 'friendzone' many times. Not always intentionally.
The friendzone is bunch of baloney.
Original post by Anonymous
How does it not exist? I like someone, they do not like me, ergo I am a friend... ???

That's not the definition of friendship, did this really require anon tbh?
Reply 8
It's funny because you're only in the friendzone when the girl you like doesn't like you back. It's not an issue with other girls who clearly just like them as a friend but if a crush does it then it's friendzone.

Bit of double standards but it is a real concept and it's a painful place to be in.
Reply 9
Technically yes. If she/he doesnt like you then you're seen as a friend. Then you become a best friend. Once you're at that stage most people dont want to endanger a really good friendship on a feeling, thus that person is stuck in the friendzone.

Those dicks that try and get into a girls pants and a knocked back arent in the friendzone theyre in the
"Im-a-whiny-bitch-who-failed-to-get-into-a-girls-pants zone"
Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner
A topic of much controversy. Discuss...

Mario seems to think so:

I don't believe it does. You're either attracted to someone or you're not. If you are they're a romantic interest and if you aren't, they're a friend. It's just a way for men to excuse being rejected.
Reply 12
It's magical place with unicorns

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
If you have to ask, you're in it.
Reply 14
Original post by Katarvi
I don't believe it does. You're either attracted to someone or you're not. If you are they're a romantic interest and if you aren't, they're a friend. It's just a way for men to excuse being rejected.

It's not always a simple case of being attracted to them or not immediately. Attraction can grow/change. And why is it reserved only for men?
Original post by MountKimbie
It's not always a simple case of being attracted to them or not immediately. Attraction can grow/change. And why is it reserved only for men?

Then you'd go from being a friend to a romantic interest, and vice versa if the attraction went away. It's not reserved only for men, but from what I've seen it's mostly men that complain/joke about it. I rarely see women complain of being "friend zoned".
Original post by donte
Technically yes. If she/he doesnt like you then you're seen as a friend. Then you become a best friend. Once you're at that stage most people dont want to endanger a really good friendship on a feeling, thus that person is stuck in the friendzone.

Those dicks that try and get into a girls pants and a knocked back arent in the friendzone theyre in the
"Im-a-whiny-bitch-who-failed-to-get-into-a-girls-pants zone"

this, I dont understand how its a word made up by people that cant handle rejection when it simply describes situations likke the above pretty well.
I think so, basically a situation when one party wants something more (i.e. a relationship) while the other party would rather just stay friends, & there's nothing wrong with them thinking that. I believe it's more a place of hurt rather than bitterness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending