The Student Room Group

Arranged marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Yeah, the amount of laughs I had when I first saw it made me :rofl:

I can remember something faintly about "toni the kaala" :biggrin:
His fat friend, the fights with his mum & weirdly something about daal/arranged marriage.

And the round Roti's!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Yeah, the amount of laughs I had when I first saw it made me :rofl:

I can remember something faintly about "toni the kaala" :biggrin:
His fat friend, the fights with his mum & weirdly something about daal/arranged marriage.

TONI THE KALA OMGGGG

HE was the bomb man - love that dude

[video="youtube;Nr54B1iSCCo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr54B1iSCCo[/video]
I thank my family they are not muslim or indian for the reason of arrange marriage. Urgh I find it awful and cruel.
Well...

From my standpoint, an arranged marriage is not really the one to go for. Yes, it has the advantages of what you stated before, but if there isn't any love or any understanding between the two individuals and that there isn't that commitment together, what point is there of doing an arranged marriage in the first place?

I have always not been in favour of an arranged marriage because, most likely, you are stuck with that one person, that you never wanted to be with, for a long time. Yes, you may fall in love in an instant, it may turn sour later on, when the arguments and the family fights come along and tarnish the little hope you had left in the marriage and may force a divorce.

Best thing to do is, explore the world and understand the girls in more proper spotlight and then, using a systematic judgement, select the one you want to be your wife. Take your time and be patient, once you feel you are ready with a girl, just go along with it and get married! :P
Reply 44
Original post by student403
toni the kala omgggg

he was the bomb man - love that dude

[video="youtube;nr54b1iscco"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr54b1iscco[/video]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂 prsom
Original post by Student403
[video="youtube;7MBJVk9fhcA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MBJVk9fhcA[/video]

Omds!!! Year 9 days :moon:
But tbh i got bored after episode 7😂😂
Forget arrange marriage, I found your partner mate! --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3860663 <-- "Awesome Girl"
Reply 47
Original post by Awesome Genius
Im going to India in March (business class).

I might be set up with a girl.

Indian girls from an old-fashioned Indian family
- won't divorce you
- will stay faithful
- strong family values
- reasonably good-looking for example: 7/10 - something like: http://hdwallpapers360.com/wp-content/uploads/beautiful-indian-girls-hd-wallpapers.jpg
- well-educated eg. doctor

Would you?

I am so conflicted on the whole idea.

I would wait a bit. The Porsche might bring you a 9/10. :wink:
Reply 48
Hello hope no one minds me asking but does anyone no of any trainee phelbotomy job any where in London or Essex x thank u all x
This isn't a serious thread, is it? :colonhash:
I wouldn't.

You've been enabled the opportunity to find love on your own terms - would you not want to do that? Would you not want a love to be built on passion and appreciation, rather than an agreement? Because in my opinion - if they can - I think everyone deserves the former, including you. :redface:

I know someone in an arranged marriage - although she knew if she refused she'd be ousted from the family - and honestly, she seems really unhappy. It frustrates me because she's an amazing person who deserves someone who loves her for her and nothing else.

It's up to you in the end, I suppose, but honestly, no, I wouldn't do it and I definitely wouldn't reccomend you do it, either. :redface:

Original post by Indeterminate
Omg don't do it! :no:

You'd be better of finding someone on your own terms as opposed to trying to make something work on the basis of a recommendation from your parents.

Well said. :smile:
Nah it is

I am going to India in March

I am going business class

My mum is trying to find suitable girls for me to meet from our social circle.

Whether i want to or not is a different issue.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

I think it might be. He's said about this a couple of times.
Original post by student403
toni the kala omgggg

he was the bomb man - love that dude

[video="youtube;nr54b1iscco"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr54b1iscco[/video]

"the kaala?!!"
(edited 8 years ago)
I guess it's fine, provided you actually want to marry each other. You're basically just using your parents to help you find someone suitable.

Not sure I could ever marry a fresh Indian, though.
Original post by acupofgreentea
I wouldn't.

You've been enabled the opportunity to find love on your own terms - would you not want to do that? Would you not want a love to be built on passion and appreciation, rather than an agreement? Because in my opinion - if they can - I think everyone deserves the former, including you. :redface:

I know someone in an arranged marriage - although she knew if she refused she'd be ousted from the family - and honestly, she seems really unhappy. It frustrates me because she's an amazing person who deserves someone who loves her for her and nothing else.

It's up to you in the end, I suppose, but honestly, no, I wouldn't do it and I definitely wouldn't reccomend you do it, either. :redface:

Well said. :smile:

Original post by Ghaz786
Well...

From my standpoint, an arranged marriage is not really the one to go for. Yes, it has the advantages of what you stated before, but if there isn't any love or any understanding between the two individuals and that there isn't that commitment together, what point is there of doing an arranged marriage in the first place?

I have always not been in favour of an arranged marriage because, most likely, you are stuck with that one person, that you never wanted to be with, for a long time. Yes, you may fall in love in an instant, it may turn sour later on, when the arguments and the family fights come along and tarnish the little hope you had left in the marriage and may force a divorce.

Best thing to do is, explore the world and understand the girls in more proper spotlight and then, using a systematic judgement, select the one you want to be your wife. Take your time and be patient, once you feel you are ready with a girl, just go along with it and get married! :P

I get what youre saying guys but the thing is, im too cynical to ever marry someone i get infatuated with or someone who "falls in love with me". For me, the person I marry has to be from a certain cultural background, one I know and one I am comfortable with.
Reply 56
Original post by Student403
[video="youtube;7MBJVk9fhcA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MBJVk9fhcA[/video]

omg memoriessssssssss
he came to my school :wink:
Original post by Awesome Genius
Nah it is

I am going to India in March

I am going business class

My mum is trying to find suitable girls for me to meet from our social circle.

Whether i want to or not is a different issue.

Just marry me, you're rich and you're a Dr, I don't even care what you look like. :u:

LOL "I'm going in business class" XD XD XD XD XD

Spoiler

Original post by acupofgreentea
I think it might be. He's said about this a couple of times.

It's hard to believe AG is ever serious....:redface:
Just marry me, you're rich and you're a Dr, I don't even care what you look like. :u:

LOL "I'm going in business class" XD XD XD XD XD

Spoiler

It is hardly arranged marriage in the conventional sense.

Basically, its... "we know a few girls who are from respectable families and are about your age and they're smart and single"...then you meet them and YOU find one YOU like and then you take things further.

Its only arranged in the sense that the pool of potential partners is filtered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending