The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Manchester is a great university for law, fairly well represented in some top firms I believe. Plus they have a good place in the international rankings, it's quite well known and well regarded. :smile:

Where did you apply?

Warwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Leeds and Southampton, tbh i didn't really think it out properly before applying, perhaps i should of replaced a few xD
Original post by Satoshii
Warwick, Manchester, Edinburgh, Leeds and Southampton, tbh i didn't really think it out properly before applying, perhaps i should of replaced a few xD

Do you think you will be happy going to any of the unis you applied to? If not, it might be a good idea to use UCAS extra or go into clearing/adjustment after results? After all, you'll have to study there for a number of years. :smile:
Do you think you will be happy going to any of the unis you applied to? If not, it might be a good idea to use UCAS extra or go into clearing/adjustment after results? After all, you'll have to study there for a number of years. :smile:

I'd love to study at any of the unis, but i'd want me to make sure it'd be good enough for a decent firm in the future :biggrin: I might use the clearing option but im not too sure if RG unis offer Law, do they? :smile:
Original post by jojo456
Aha thank you so much for the support! I admire your rational and calm attitude ahaha, if u don't mind me asking, what kinda grades did u apply with? And what was ur lnat?

Aww, your so welcome! Took me a while, I did freak out for a bit but it doesn't serve much purpose at this point :wink: Applied with AAA and 23 LNAT wbu?
Hi, what about Manchester? i'm starting to think i should've applied to Bristol lol

Don't think that - At least Manchester actually responds to applicants unlike Bristol ahahah :rolleyes:
I'd love to study at any of the unis, but i'd want me to make sure it'd be good enough for a decent firm in the future :biggrin: I might use the clearing option but im not too sure if RG unis offer Law, do they? :smile:

Hmm... maybe the lower-end RGs will but that's a good point, I don't know if any prestigious courses which you want/are aiming for will have space. In that case, you're better off choosing between the ones you applied too - all are great (Edinburgh, Manchester and Warwick in particular!)

Doesn't Edinburgh do Scots Law only though? :s-smilie:
Original post by cuddledumpling
Don't think that - At least Manchester actually responds to applicants unlike Bristol ahahah :rolleyes:

Yep. :sad:
Hmm... maybe the lower-end RGs will but that's a good point, I don't know if any prestigious courses which you want/are aiming for will have space. In that case, you're better off choosing between the ones you applied too - all are great (Edinburgh, Manchester and Warwick in particular!)

Doesn't Edinburgh do Scots Law only though? :s-smilie:

omg, what a rookie mistake LOL is there anything i can do about it haha?

haha good luck ^.^
haha good luck ^.^

Ahaha thanks Bristol clearly hates me :wink: pls tell me you didn't actually apply for Scots law?
Ahaha thanks Bristol clearly hates me :wink: pls tell me you didn't actually apply for Scots law?

LOL i'm afraid i have, honestly it was the most last minute application ever and now im a bit gutted because it was a waste of an option, not really sure what i can do about it now though xD tbh throughout this post i kept thinking to myself why hasn't anyone applied to Edinburgh lol
Do you think 29 is enough for KCL? I'm an international applicant
LOL i'm afraid i have, honestly it was the most last minute application ever and now im a bit gutted because it was a waste of an option, not really sure what i can do about it now though xD tbh throughout this post i kept thinking to myself why hasn't anyone applied to Edinburgh lol

Edinburgh is an excellent university and highly respected. You can do a conversion course. Some Scottish universities do English law also eg Aberdeen.

Oh my god, I feel so bad for you :frown: I guess it was just rushed and ya there isn't much you can do now except roll with it :biggrin: Cholesta is right you could do a GDL or similar? Hopefully you'll get four other offers...or maybe you could end up practising in Scotland who knows? Best of luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2014
I managed to get a 37 in my LNAT. Unfortunately, due to the 5 year visa regulation that's come into place, universities can't offer CAS to me. Best of luck guys, I'm outta here.
Original post by Varya
I managed to get a 37 in my LNAT. Unfortunately, due to the 5 year visa regulation that's come into place, universities can't offer CAS to me. Best of luck guys, I'm outta here.

Omg that is soamazing! Yeah, the gov is being ridiculous to international students, I don't blame you Varya. Better to be some where they can actually appreciate you for your talent. Best of luck to you! :biggrin:
Original post by Varya

Oh no. :frown: What a great shame and tremendous loss, with such an excellent score!

What is this 'CAS' thing? :s-smilie:
Original post by Varya

Wow!!!! 37 is actually miraculous!!!! And this whole VISA situation is unfair... you definitely deserve a place
wherever you want to go...
Original post by karolinnam
Anyone else waiting for King's decision? I'm so nervous... Got 26 on the LNAT, my essay was fine, I believe, and I'm predicted 777 (A*A*A*) and 44/45 (IB) but I'm an EU student so I think then may reject me :frown:

Me too... I've got maximum predicted grades and the same LNAT result... unfortunately we are EU students...
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Me too... I've got maximum predicted grades and the same LNAT result... unfortunately we are EU students...

Are they really that harsh towards eu students :redface: ?? Bc I think that you both should be fine... like for ex my friend had 38/45 predicted, 566 from HLs and got offer from LSE ...
btw what countries are you from :P ? I'm so thrilled to meet other EU students applying for Law

Latest