The Student Room Group

Stockholm pogrom: Crowd of masked men hunt and beat up non-Swedes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
He's not defending anyone. He's saying that the actions of these thugs and of the other terrorists you mentioned are heinous in much the same way. I'm inclined to agree.

To add to this, should sweden, or God forbid, the UK become lawless states with most infrastructure destroyed, neo-nazi carbon copies of terror cells such as isis, al nusra etc... will pop up left right and centre too.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Wtf are you on about? I'm not a terrorist, he's not a terrorist, and neither of us are defending terrorists!

Read his most recent reply lol. He basically said that because the taliban hadn't invaded Britain there's nothing wrong with them.
Original post by Docjones1
Here it comes. The taliban defence league out in full force.

Perhaps trying to let Bin Laden get away with 9/11, thus starting the war in Afghanistan.

"The United States requested the Taliban to shut down all al-Qaeda bases in Afghanistan, open them to inspection and turn over Osama bin Laden. The Taliban refused all these requests. Instead they offered to extradite Osama bin Laden to an Islamic country, for trial under Islamic law, if the United States presented evidence of his guilt."

"
The Taliban had previously refused to extradite bin Laden to the United States, or prosecute him, after he was indicted by the US federal courts for involvement in the 1998 United States embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. The Taliban deemed eyewitness testimony and satellite phone call recordings entered in the public record in February 2001 during a trial as insufficient grounds to extradite bin Laden for his involvement in the bombings."

There's literally a whole section on wikipedia dedicated to their human rights abuses you nutjob.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliban#Human_rights_abuses

uwotm8.jpg

Ok and where was the direct offensive attacks on US lives on US soil that gave the US permission to invade Afghanistan? I bet you also approve of the invasion of Iraq?
Original post by SaeedIXVII
To add to this, should sweden, or God forbid, the UK become lawless states with most infrastructure destroyed, neo-nazi carbon copies of terror cells such as isis, al nusra etc... will pop up left right and centre too.

"Hurr durr if aliens destroyed the world everybody left would be a banana"
Read his most recent reply lol. He basically said that because the taliban hadn't invaded Britain there's nothing wrong with them.

I never said nothing wrong with them. I could write a 1000 page book on their faults and still need a volume 2 to be finished. But what right do we have to tell others what and what not to do in THEIR OWN LANDS yet we go out and beat to a pulp those we dislike like that has occured in Sweden?
"Hurr durr if aliens destroyed the world everybody left would be a banana"

Class reply.
What if the races were reversed?

What if you had to except millions of people that are different to you, have a different culture and religion. You are made a foreigner in your homeland. On top of that these people are raping and killing you at a disproportionate number. There's also other issues like the cost because many will be on welfare.

I don't expect most of you will understand or give a damn. Then if this is the case, I see no reason why we should give a damn about these people.
Ok and where was the direct offensive attacks on US lives on US soil that gave the US permission to invade Afghanistan?

Are you saying that the only offensive action is a direct invasion, and that the only reason for intervention is invasion? I bet if I asked you what you thought of Libya you'd explain with contradictions. U be cuckoo. Here's a passage about your favourite organisation... the taliban:

"16 IEDs have been planted in girls' schools" by the Taliban"
"Female suicide bombers are increasingly common."
"Sohaila, a young woman who was convicted of walking with a man who was not a relative, was charged with adultery. She was publicly flogged in Ghazi Stadium and received 100 lashes."
"According to a 55-page report by the United Nations, the Taliban, while trying to consolidate control over northern and western Afghanistan, committed systematic massacres against civilians."
"In 1998, the United Nations accused the Taliban of denying emergency food by the UN's World Food Programme to 160,000 hungry and starving people "for political and military reasons"

I bet you also approve of the invasion of Iraq?

Irrelevant and false.
But what right do we have to tell others what and what not to do in THEIR OWN LANDS yet we go out and beat to a pulp those we dislike like that has occured in Sweden?

Strawman fallacy m8

1343416724812.png
Are you saying that the only offensive action is a direct invasion, and that the only reason for intervention is invasion? I bet if I asked you what you thought of Libya you'd explain with contradictions. U be cuckoo. Here's a passage about your favourite organisation... the taliban:

"16 IEDs have been planted in girls' schools" by the Taliban"
"Female suicide bombers are increasingly common."
"Sohaila, a young woman who was convicted of walking with a man who was not a relative, was charged with adultery. She was publicly flogged in Ghazi Stadium and received 100 lashes."
"According to a 55-page report by the United Nations, the Taliban, while trying to consolidate control over northern and western Afghanistan, committed systematic massacres against civilians."
"In 1998, the United Nations accused the Taliban of denying emergency food by the UN's World Food Programme to 160,000 hungry and starving people "for political and military reasons"

Irrelevant and false.

So we have a moral right to invade a nation because they did some bad? Our (NATO) intervention in Libya was wrong. Our (NATO) invasion of Afghanistan was wrong. Our (NATO) invasion of Iraq was wrong. Each nation is now worse than it was before our 'God given right to invade and kick out of power those we dislike'. Terror groups like the taliban (read not ISIS) are reactionary. The Taliban were a reaction to the state the USSR invasion left afghanistan in. And now all we see is death here and there etc....
Strawman fallacy m8

1343416724812.png

Interesting...
Original post by Jebedee
1. Non-Swede is not a race
2. I am a non-Swede

You know what I'm saying.
Original post by Longshot700
You know what I'm saying.

Probably somewhere along the lines of "I have a poor grasp of English vocabulary, and I live in a lovely cottage in the countryside far away from the worries of immigration."
Original post by Jebedee
Probably somewhere along the lines of "I have a poor grasp of English vocabulary, and I live in a lovely cottage in the countryside far away from the worries of immigration."

I live in croydon and my vocabulary and way of speaking is on point.
Original post by Longshot700
I live in croydon and my vocabulary and way of speaking is on point.

Might want to look up the definition of racist then.
But what right do we have to tell others what and what not to do in THEIR OWN LANDS

So we have a moral right to invade a nation because they did some bad?

I would suggest that there's no resolution to this disagreement, because you clearly don't believe in the concept of universal human rights and think that co-existence with 'some bad' (the classic indicator of somebody who doesn't know what he's talking about in an argument about Iraq or Afghanistan) is not only possible, but desirable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nununu
Not suprised tbh. White european people have a really violent culture.

We'll have to remember this quote next time you whine about people generalising Muslims and paint Islamic culture with a broad brush.....
Original post by MildredMalone
Wasn't it all a bit predictable? Bring in lots of people from a culture where rape is acceptable, when they follow their culture of course Westerners will be unhappy.

you shouldn't have invaded and bombed their countries
Reply 77
Original post by KimKallstrom
We'll have to remember this quote next time you whine about people generalising Muslims and paint Islamic culture with a broad brush.....

Thank you for making my point for me........let that sink in.
Original post by interact
you shouldn't have invaded and bombed their countries

I've never invaded or bombed anyone.

Why should normal civilians suffer because of the decisions of a few?
Original post by MildredMalone
I've never invaded or bombed anyone.

Why should normal civilians suffer because of the decisions of a few?

Because they represent you.

The politicians are the group that your nation has decided are qualified to make decisions on your behalf, therefore their decisions are partly your responsibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending