Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
WHY AM I NOT SEEING FIGHTSTAR ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD

you people need to be enlightened...

Fightstar are pretty good aye, although busted > fightstar
Original post by Kay_Winters
Fightstar are pretty good aye, although busted > fightstar

Nah

I can see why Charlie made the decision to move away, Fightstar's music is top notch

I've listened to all four albums sooooo many times now
Original post by ben2000
I listen to another brick in the wall from pink floyd now and again but I haven't really looked into old rock too much other than that

Any recommendations?

Dark side of the moon is an insanely good album, shame the wannabe hipsters plaster it everywhere cos it kinda takes away from the awesomeness. Also there's Wish you were here, and you can't go wrong with that ****
As someone else said, Sgt. peppers is the best Beatles album - nothing else comes close
Brothers in Arms is another superb album
And then you should just go crazy on greatest hits albums by the Smiths, the Cure, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Kinks and Thin Lizzy
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Hmmm......could do better but pretty......what's the word?.....decent?

Spoiler

Hey I didn't put them all in OK. I forgot Joy Division (don't ask how)
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Pretty decent? :colonhash:

The doors are great! I love old music :tongue:

I can tell you're quite proud of your music taste. Yeahh old music is the tits, sucks when everyone you wanna go see is dead/broken up/too old though
Reply 65
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Daughter
The Strokes
Bloc Party
Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
Highly Suspect
Queens of the Stone Age
Seether
Paramore
Dead Sara
Puddle of Mudd
Avenged Sevenfold
Slipknot
We Are the Ocean
Deaf Havanah
Whitest Boy Alive
Grizzly Bear
Beastie Boys
Bring Me the Horizon
Of Mice and Men
The Police
Breaking Benjamin
A Perfect Circle
Stone Sour
Linkin Park
Fightstar (forgot them :colondollar: )

Honestly I can go on for a long time :colondollar:
Original post by Ronda Rousey
you like "love metal"? :lol:

Also, OP, Porcupine Tree are the greatest rock band of all time and Steven Wilson is Jesus Reincarnate. If you dont believe me listen to this:

Porcupine Tree are great. Sound of Muzak and Trains are my favourites. I haven't really clicked with Steven Wilsons solo stuff.

I like Tame Impala, Deftones, Tool, Foals, Palace.
Original post by MountKimbie

I like Tame Impala, Deftones, Tool, Foals, Palace.

lets get married? :colondollar:
Original post by kkboyk
Fightstar (forgot them :colondollar: )

Good good, even if it needed a reminder :wink:
Original post by libbylangham
Hey I didn't put them all in OK. I forgot Joy Division (don't ask how)

I'm disappointed in you.

Original post by libbylangham
I can tell you're quite proud of your music taste. Yeahh old music is the tits, sucks when everyone you wanna go see is dead/broken up/too old though

My music taste is my music taste. I'm just joking around. (Don't take me too seriously) :biggrin:
Yeah, it's so sad. :frown: I would love to have seen Robert Plant in his prime.
Reply 70
Original post by Alexion
Good good, even if it needed a reminder :wink:

I can't forget them. There were one of my childhood bands :colondollar:
Original post by kkboyk
I can't forget them. There were one of my childhood bands :colondollar:

Favourite track?
Pierce the Veil
Panic! at the Disco
Fall Out Boy
Foo Fighters
Bring Me the Horizon
Paramore

:h::h:
Reply 73
Original post by Alexion
Favourite track?

That's a hard question, but I've always found myself listening to 99 the most, and I really love the album the song is in (mostly because the album art is similar to Killzone game)
Anyone here listened to Shinedown's new album (threat to survival), or Disturbed new album (immortalized)?
Original post by KingKoala
Anyone here listened to Shinedown's new album (threat to survival), or Disturbed new album (immortalized)?

Yeah, both :h:

Immortalized was what really got me into proper rock/hardcore stuff last summer, and Threat To Survival was what I followed it up with... without those, my taste in music would still be as bland as my parents' :rofl:
- You Me At Six (#1 faves!)
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Fall Out Boy
- Panic! at the Disco
Original post by Alexion
Yeah, both :h:

Immortalized was what really got me into proper rock/hardcore stuff last summer, and Threat To Survival was what I followed it up with... without those, my taste in music would still be as bland as my parents' :rofl:

I see haha, Immortalized is a really really good album, I must have listened to it over maybe 20-30 times. Threat to survival was good as well but a little different to previous Shinedown. :smile:
Reply 78
Mmmmm....

The Who, The Kinks, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, Fleetwood Mac, Kasabian, White Stripes, Vintage Trouble

That'll do, those are the ones I'm listening to now at least :smile:
Original post by KingKoala
I see haha, Immortalized is a really really good album, I must have listened to it over maybe 20-30 times. Threat to survival was good as well but a little different to previous Shinedown. :smile:

I checked out some of Shinedown's older stuff, but I only liked a couple of the songs I found... I've pretty much learned the lyrics to every track on TtS though haha

Quick Reply

Latest