The Student Room Group

Italian town welcomes first baby for 30 years

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _icecream
I'd rather live in an under populated planet the planet is slowly running out of resources

One of the problems with that argument, is that we constantly find new resources

Stone -> Bronze -> Iron -> Coal -> Oil -> Rubber -> Biofuel...
Original post by Hydeman
Nope. :dontknow: I'll take a baby over that any day of the week. xD

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Not a huge fan of babies

vs

?
(edited 8 years ago)
I can see why, to be honest -- I'd hate to have to take care of one. But I think that I would be quite attached to my own offspring in ways that I can't quite explain. :s-smilie:
Original post by Mathemagicien

vs

?

So cute right?

tumblr_myby19WSJE1qbi72uo1_500.jpg
Original post by Supersaps
There's another country I'd like to bring into this discussion: China.

In 40 years, due to the one child policy, the situation where you have 1 worker supporting SIX retired people (their parents and their grandparents) will not be unusual. It's a large reason why China is going to struggle to make it onto the superpower stage.

I've designed a terrible infographic to illustrate my point:

owl.jpg

Original post by Maker
China is really in the crap because 24 million males will never get married and have kids because of the severe gender imbalance in younger people.

Original post by Maker
They can't emigrate because they are not educated, have few skills and little money.

Better off men with skills can usually find a wife. Its poor men in rural areas that can't find anyone to marry them.

Plenty of women in russia to marry. russian women chinese men pair is common nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Refugees that aren't rapists or terrorists, then maybe.
Original post by The_Internet
Then why did you say that immigrants "tend not to have these values" ?

And no it wouldn't but you seem.to be raising your own kids to "defend western civilisation"

There are people here who's parents are immigrants, who have no issues with the westand the only people who believe they do are people like you who say that they "tend not to have these values" and then you expect their kids to defend western values by going against their parents?

Answer the question. Often people whocall for some sort of fantasy civil war have some sort of bone to pick with liberals, gay people, Muslims or Jews. I'm trying to see if you.are one of those people or not

Liberals make me laugh. They're all for supporting gay people and jews but when Muslims start persecuting them they shush. You're the type of guy who loves taking about Palestine but not the systematic murder of Gays in several different Muslim countries. In fact, why you even brought that into discussion is beyond me.
Original post by BioStudentx
Liberals make me laugh. They're all for supporting gay people and jews but when Muslims start persecuting them they shush. You're the type of guy who loves taking about Palestine but not the systematic murder of Gays in several different Muslim countries. In fact, why you even brought that into discussion is beyond me.

I come from a Muslim family and if a Muslim persecutes someone then of course I will not be happy either.... In my parenys country, people being gay is pretty much an "open secret" Just because you're not OK with one, it doesn't mean you're OK with the other

At any rate, you appear to be OK with persecuting Muslins?
I come from a Muslim family and if a Muslim persecutes someone then of course I will not be happy either.... In my parenys country, people being gay is pretty much an "open secret" Just because you're not OK with one, it doesn't mean you're OK with the other

Where did that come from?

I'm not saying just because they're not ok with one, it means they're ok with the other. But Muslims in the UK aren't displaying any sort of resistance, protests etc to the systematic murder of gays and apostates in their countries.
Where did that come from?

Well you seemed to imply that you can't like Muslims because some persecute gay people...

I'm not saying just because they're not ok with one, it means they're ok with the other. But Muslims in the UK aren't displaying any sort of resistance, protests etc to the systematic murder of gays and apostates in their countries.

My country is the UK. I don't see Christians displaying any sort of resistance, protests etc.. of the systematic murder of doctors in abortion clinics? Or say the LRA? Or the KKK? Or any white non Muslim serial killer. Or any white non Muslim gang. Why should I have to apologise for what other people do - people who I've never even met and would perhaps kill me if I did meet them?
Equally why do you not condemn say white non Muslim extremists? Now that I've never seen really happen, and there is no need for it as well because not all white non Muslims are the same. Any one with a brain cell realises that.
Well you seemed to imply that you can't like Muslims because some persecute gay people...

My country is the UK. I don't see Christians displaying any sort of resistance, protests etc.. of the systematic murder of doctors in abortion clinics? Or say the LRA? Or the KKK? Or any white non Muslim serial killer. Or any white non Muslim gang. Why should I have to apologise for what other people do - people who I've never even met and would perhaps kill me if I did meet them?
Equally why do you not condemn say white non Muslim extremists? Now that I've never seen really happen, and there is no need for it as well because not all white non Muslims are the same. Any one with a brain cell realises that.

You're clearly ****ing retarded. Firstly, how do you compare abortion clinics to hanging gay people? Killing doctors in abortion clinics is illegal. They get jail sentences. HOW IS THAT NOT RESISTANCE? AND HOW IS THAT THE SAME AS MUSLIM COUNTRIES WHO HAVE A LAW TO EXECUTE GAY PEOPLE? A LAW.
Secondly, WE DO HAVE resistance against KKK and white serial killers. They get jail sentences- IT'S ILLEGAL.
Thirdly, no one is saying you should apologise. I said they should STAND UP to what's happening. Just like how they stand up and protest against Israel.
Finally, I never said they were all the same. And yes, I do condemn any sort of extremism. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy amongst Muslims.

God you're stupid.
(edited 8 years ago)
You're clearly ****ing retarded. Firstly, how do you compare abortion clinics to hanging gay people? Killing doctors in abortion clinics is illegal. They get jail sentences. HOW IS THAT NOT RESISTANCE? AND HOW IS THAT THE SAME AS MUSLIM COUNTRIES WHO HAVE A LAW TO EXECUTE GAY PEOPLE? A LAW.
Secondly, WE DO HAVE resistance against KKK and white serial killers. They get jail sentences- IT'S ILLEGAL.
Thirdly, no one is saying you should apologise. I said they should STAND UP to what's happening. Just like how they stand up and protest against Israel.
Finally, I never said they were all the same. And yes, I do condemn any sort of extremism. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy amongst Muslims.

God you're stupid.

In the USA, maybe. It also happens in Christian nations that gay people are persecuted but you don't see Christians saying any thing about that and why should ordinary Christians have to? In those nations, the law supports the persecution of gay people. Go figure. It certainly was the done thing historically as well in the west to persecute gays, women , blacks, Jews up until at least the 1950's. You didn't really see any one speak out then, aside from the persecuted minorities themselves . Society just progressed naturally.

Terrorism is against the law and you're asking Muslims to speak out against it. I mean you're OK for Christians to not speak out against Christian extremists, "because its illegal" but you want more Muslims to speak out,(despite the fact that Muslims do speak out and you are oblivious to that and any Muslim extremists are also going against the law) It is you who is the hypocrite here.

And in many Muslim countries, terrorists and the like get jail sentences. You could say quite harsh jail sentences as they're often executed. George Bush started an illegal war in the name of Christianity, yet he's not been jailed has he?

The hypocrisy amongst Muslims. Who said I was one and how on Earth do you call a population of 1.6 billion all hypocrites? Would you say that about say all Jewish people?Every one has their own views on things.

BTW many muslims do speak out against this sorta stuff. You're just blind to it. And tbh I've seen Muslims slate Saudi Arabia more than Israel

To quote Thatcher

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left"

You also resort to shouting. It doesn't bode well for you tbh
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 134
Original post by HucktheForde
Plenty of women in russia to marry. russian women chinese men pair is common nowadays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem is not too many Chinese men compared to women, its too many poor Chinese men that poor Chinese women don't want to marry because they can find richer Chinese men because there is a shortage of women so they can be choosy.

Same problem with Russian women, they want wealthy men Chinese or not, not poor men.
(edited 8 years ago)
And tbh I've seen people slate Saudi Arabia more than Israel

For good reason
For good reason

Sorry by people I meant to say I've seen more Muslims slate SA than Israel. Personally I'm not fond of either nation
Sorry by people I meant to say I've seen more Muslims slate SA than Israel. Personally I'm not fond of either nation

OMG you saying non-muslims aren't people???
OMG you saying non-muslims aren't people???

No I did not. If any thing that would sound like I'm arguing that Muslims aren't people when I'm not doing that either. I zoned in on Muslims here, considering yknow Bio student is talking about Muslims
(edited 8 years ago)
In the USA, maybe. It also happens in Christian nations that gay people are persecuted but you don't see Christians saying any thing about that and why should ordinary Christians have to? In those nations, the law supports the persecution of gay people. Go figure. It certainly was the done thing historically as well in the west to persecute gays, women , blacks, Jews up until at least the 1950's. You didn't really see any one speak out then, aside from the persecuted minorities themselves . Society just progressed naturally.

And in many Muslim countries, terrorists and the like get jail sentences. You could say quite harsh jail sentences as they're often executed. George Bush started an illegal war in the name of Christianity, yet he's not been jailed has he?

The hypocrisy amongst Muslims. Who said I was one and how on Earth do you call a population of 1.6 billion all hypocrites? Would you say that about say all Jewish people?Every one has their own views on things.

BTW many muslims do speak out against this sorta stuff. You're just blind to it. And tbh I've seen Muslims slate Saudi Arabia more than Israel

To quote Thatcher

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left"

You also resort to shouting. It doesn't bode well for you tbh

Every time you lose an argument you just bring up different points to discuss. And regarding your first paragraph, thanks for pointing out Muslim countries are living 50 years in the past. Also in the past western countries were equally as bad and the progression was slow because not enough people spoke up and like you said - that is bad? So why are few Muslims speaking out against what's happening in their countries?

Not sure how George Bush is relevant to this argument. I don't want to get into the details of the Iraq war. Also it depends what you mean by terrorism. To me, killing someone for being a homosexual or an apostate is terrorism. Considering many many Muslim countries carry this out (with large populations) it can't be a good thing.

And yes. British Muslims are the biggest hypocrites. They whine about palestine continuously while ignoring the abominations carried out in their own fatherland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending