The Student Room Group

Confessed feelings to guy, no response HELP

Just looking for some advice really.
Background:

I've been seeing, lets call him 'jack', for a couple of months. It started off great! We had frequent dates, spoke everyday and spoke about our future together.

Recently jack has been really 'off' with me. We made plans the other day and he didn't message during that day so of course we didn't end up doing said plans. He has also recently been very vague and blunt in his messages. Eg I'd ask if he's okay, he would answer 'yh'.

I messaged jack to ask about this ridiculous limbo that we are in, leading me to also confess how much I like him and enjoy spending time with him. He read this message and didn't reply. It's not the first time he has done this.

Shall i block him on everything and move on? Or shall i give him time to reply? I'm just sick of not knowing where I stand with him.

TLDR; told guy im seeing that i have string feelings, he didn't reply. Block him and move on or give him time?
Reply 1
Sorry to say he's lost interest. Don't chase him or text him any more; keep your self respect and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You should be getting out of your relationship how much you are putting in. He's not doing his bit. Maybe he's not into you anymore idk. but you deserve someone better.
Reply 3
Original post by PangXie
Sorry to say he's lost interest. Don't chase him or text him any more; keep your self respect and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

It's going to be hard for me to move on as I have invested feelings and time into this guy. Do you think blocking him on social media will help?
The only thing that worries me about blocking him is that I see him on nights out often.
Reply 4
Original post by mkap
You should be getting out of your relationship how much you are putting in. He's not doing his bit. Maybe he's not into you anymore idk. but you deserve someone better.

Thanks for replying. I agree with you completely, i really do try with him. Whenever I ask him if he's still interested in me he will reply with 'yh don't be silly' or something to that effect. But everything else screams lack of interest.

Not sure what to do. One part of me wants to block him right now. But another part of me wants to wait it out to see if he replies. Doubt he will, he has been online the whole time and hasn't said a peep /:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for replying. I agree with you completely, i really do try with him. Whenever I ask him if he's still interested in me he will reply with 'yh don't be silly' or something to that effect. But everything else screams lack of interest.

Not sure what to do. One part of me wants to block him right now. But another part of me wants to wait it out to see if he replies. Doubt he will, he has been online the whole time and hasn't said a peep /:

Ive been in the same situation the best thing to do is pull the plug from him. He'll released what he's missed soon enough :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mkap
Ive been in the same situation the best thing to do is pull the plug from him. He'll released what he's missed soon enough :smile:

Thank you for your help :smile: I think I'm going to block him now
Don't give him the time of day. But do not block him. Go about your day, as if non of this happened. If you still don't hear from him. make it evident you want nothing to do with him. Just as @mkap said, he isn't doing his bit in the relationship, so don't invest your time into him. Hope this helps x
Reply 8
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

It's going to be hard for me to move on as I have invested feelings and time into this guy. Do you think blocking him on social media will help?
The only thing that worries me about blocking him is that I see him on nights out often.

I know, it's much easier said than done :smile: Blocking him might be a good idea so you're not waiting around hoping he'll contact you.

As for nights out, there's a chance he may get drunk and try for a night with you...and if you're drunk and missing him, saying no will be next to impossible when he's saying all the right things. I'd recruit your friends and tell them not to let you make that mistake. A well timed "but remember what a knob he was" can be just what you need to hear when you're about to go home with the wrong guy!
Reply 9
Original post by Nero NA
Don't give him the time of day. But do not block him. Go about your day, as if non of this happened. If you still don't hear from him. make it evident you want nothing to do with him. Just as @mkap said, he isn't doing his bit in the relationship, so don't invest your time into him. Hope this helps x

Thank you for your reply!

The main reason I wanted to block him was because atm I find myself constantly checking his online status. Also ANY negative statuses he makes i relate them back to me and it is driving my anxiety though the roof! I sound crazy I know haha.

But yes you are right I don't want to waste any more time worrying about him and his feelings towards me. Thank you :smile:
Original post by PangXie
I know, it's much easier said than done :smile: Blocking him might be a good idea so you're not waiting around hoping he'll contact you.

As for nights out, there's a chance he may get drunk and try for a night with you...and if you're drunk and missing him, saying no will be next to impossible when he's saying all the right things. I'd recruit your friends and tell them not to let you make that mistake. A well timed "but remember what a knob he was" can be just what you need to hear when you're about to go home with the wrong guy!

Yes I agree :') I am certainly in two minds about blocking him at the moment but the more I listen to the replies, the better it sounds!

Haha that's great advice. I will certainly be taking that on board. That is the last thing I want right now! My friends would be more than happy to remind me, they are not his biggest fan right now :')
Reply 11
Thank you for your reply!

The main reason I wanted to block him was because atm I find myself constantly checking his online status. Also ANY negative statuses he makes i relate them back to me and it is driving my anxiety though the roof! I sound crazy I know haha.

But yes you are right I don't want to waste any more time worrying about him and his feelings towards me. Thank you :smile:

Your feelings towards him are very unhealthy if I am honest with you, no one should rely so much on the validation of another that a simple status update makes them upset. You should work on that, you will be much happier if you do.
yea block him
Original post by whorace
Your feelings towards him are very unhealthy if I am honest with you, no one should rely so much on the validation of another that a simple status update makes them upset. You should work on that, you will be much happier if you do.

Hi thanks for your reply!

I completely agree with you. I have always had anxiety and low self esteem. I feel these may have an effect on my constant asummptions that every negative thing he writes is about me. I honestly hope I can get to a point where trivial things such as status updates do not get to me.

I have recently started CBT for my anxiety so I am hoping this can give me a healthier outlook on relationships in general!
Reply 14
Hi thanks for your reply!

I completely agree with you. I have always had anxiety and low self esteem. I feel these may have an effect on my constant asummptions that every negative thing he writes is about me. I honestly hope I can get to a point where trivial things such as status updates do not get to me.

I have recently started CBT for my anxiety so I am hoping this can give me a healthier outlook on relationships in general!

I think you are right about that, it is good you are getting help with it because it is quite a serious issue and I think so many people feel the need to hide from it. I don't think this 'jack' guy would make a very good partner in honesty, he does not seem very supportive.
Reply 15
Yes I agree :':wink: I am certainly in two minds about blocking him at the moment but the more I listen to the replies, the better it sounds!

Haha that's great advice. I will certainly be taking that on board. That is the last thing I want right now! My friends would be more than happy to remind me, they are not his biggest fan right now :':wink:

Sounds great :h: And good luck with the CBT - it's a cliché, but the better you are to yourself, the more you'll attract people inclined to be good to you. Better men await :wink:
Ouch... reminds me of my crush. She did this to me for over 5 months. I stuck with her and now we're dating because she likes me? Different people are different.

Decide whether he's worth it. I thought my crush was 100% worth but I'd already given up with her but I still kept talking to her. Funny how things work out. You gotta focus on other aspects of your life. Don't block him thats for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending