The Student Room Group

Arranged marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Awesome Genius
Im going to India in March (business class).

I might be set up with a girl.

Indian girls from an old-fashioned Indian family
- won't divorce you
- will stay faithful
- strong family values
- reasonably good-looking for example: 7/10 - something like: http://hdwallpapers360.com/wp-content/uploads/beautiful-indian-girls-hd-wallpapers.jpg
- well-educated eg. doctor

Would you?

I am so conflicted on the whole idea.

go for it love doesnt exist anyways :u:
Original post by dairychocolate
You know there's an ignore option on this forum?

There is? Huh, well you learn something new everyday :u:

It is so irritating because you quote me expecting either a direct response or no response at all (which in that case there was no need to quote me, you could have just said that thought in your head and moved on with your day).

Seriously you must have the most linear train of thought ever imaginable, or you intend to be obnoxious.

Either way, please stop, thank you. :-)
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
There is? Huh, well you learn something new everyday :u:

It is so irritating because you quote me expecting either a direct response or no response at all (which in that case there was no need to quote me, you could have just said that thought in your head and moved on with your day).

Seriously you must have the most linear train of thought ever imaginable, or you intend to be obnoxious.

Either way, please stop, thank you. :-)

Okay, let me clarify how I see things:

1) You say that OP's dating/marriage situation 'kills the fun'.
2) I disagree and saying it's not really much different to other forms of dating eg. online dating.
3) You make a comment about how arranged marriage is a choice.
4) I basically say 'yeah, I know, but I wasn't disputing that.'
5) You go on some next rant, but, of course, I'm the obnoxious one even though it's you who has been making the more abrasive posts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Okay, let me clarify how I see things:

2) I disagree and saying it's not really much different to other forms of dating eg. online dating.
5) You go on some next rant, but, of course, I'm the obnoxious one even though it's you who has been making the more abrasive posts.

Okay, well then let me help you see things better....

I was joking, you should have gathered that from the ridiculous smiley I placed at the end and all my previous posts...since it was a joke, no need for you to form an opinion really, but now that you have....

I'm basically saying "fair enough". Although I didn't say it literally.

I just felt like making it clear I wasn't against it, that I was joking like with all my other posts.

You said my arranged marriage posts sounded serious, I gave you my personal opinion and made it clear I have nothing against it.

Then you went on to say "I wasn't disputing that" when really, I think that is debatable(lol at the word 'debate' .

Not a rant, yes, I do feel like you intend to be obnoxious at times.
(edited 8 years ago)
She's gorgeous!
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If my parents recommended someone to me, I would certainly take that into consideration, but I'd want to get to know them better before coming to any decision.

This
Okay, well then let me help you see things better....

You're always condescending without fail and yet you always accuse me of being obnoxious.

I was joking, you should have gathered that from the ridiculous smiley I placed at the end and all my previous posts...since it was a joke, no need for you to form an opinion really, but now that you have....

Then just say you were joking in that specific instance.

I'm basically saying "fair enough". Although I didn't say it literally.

Then just say 'fair enough'. I don't see the problem with communicating clearly.

I just felt like making it clear I wasn't against it, that I was joking like with all my other posts.

Difficult to tell when you're joking.

You've said multiple times in this thread that you're against arranged marriage and you quoted me and said you're against but I was never talking about that anyway.

You said my arranged marriage posts sounded serious, I gave you my personal opinion and made it clear I have nothing against it.

You've actually made several posts (which I'll do you the courtesy of not quoting) quite literally saying that you're against arranged marriage. But, again, that's never been what I was talking about. I've never even mentioned your personal stance on arranged marriage. My comment was only about 'taking the fun out' or whatever it was. If your first comment had just stayed relevant and said 'yeah, fair enough, it is actually pretty similar to other forms of dating,' (or even disagreed in a clear manner) we wouldn't have had the most useless argument of all time.

Is it too much to ask that you actually respond to what I say in a normal fashion rather than making some snide comment about me not being able to tell that you were joking and then changing the conversation?

Then you went on to say "I wasn't disputing that" when really, I think
that is debatable(lol at the word 'debate' .

You've said that you think arranged marriage is a choice. I said I never disputed that. I never even mentioned it.

Not a rant, yes, I do feel like you intend to be obnoxious at times.

That would imply that I actually care enough to put in the effort to try and be obnoxious, which I don't.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 87
x

Pissing off my beti?

Good stuff, it's needed. Especially since she continuously rejects the boys from the Pind that I pick out for her. :teehee:
x

Zzz...
mate i will be in India in march too, brother is getting married there haha

As a guy i'm not too fussed! :tongue: your points are valid though.
I get what youre saying guys but the thing is, im too cynical to ever marry someone i get infatuated with or someone who "falls in love with me". For me, the person I marry has to be from a certain cultural background, one I know and one I am comfortable with.

Would you consider a white/british girl with traditional Christian values?
Reply 91
There's nothing wrong with an arranged marriages. But being Indian i wouldn't marry an Indian or Asian from back home. I dont think my parents would let me too.
Original post by z33
omg memoriessssssssss
he came to my school :wink:

Nice xD
Original post by mercuryman
"the kaala?!!"

:rofl:
Reply 93
Original post by mkap
There's nothing wrong with an arranged marriages. But being Indian i wouldn't marry an Indian or Asian from back home. I dont think my parents would let me too.

How about a British guy:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to believe AG is ever serious....:redface:

To be fair, he did just do a thread asking whether he was as great as thought he was or ever greater. :laugh:

He does have his serious moments, though, and I think this is one of them.
Reply 95
Original post by Andy98
How about a British guy:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i meant back home as in India haha. I actually wouldn't mind marrying a white guy (im assuming you are?) im not bothered about ethnicity

Spoiler

Reply 96
Original post by mkap
i meant back home as in India haha. I actually wouldn't mind marrying a white guy (im assuming you are?) im not bothered about ethnicity

Spoiler

Woo! I actually stand a chance!:jive:
well I need to make up for my being me somehow :tongue: but thanks now I just have to make myself appealing to your parents:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me and my family are quite religious (Hindus) so I'm not sure it would work out.

Original post by Bill_Gates
mate i will be in India in march too, brother is getting married there haha

As a guy i'm not too fussed! :tongue: your points are valid though.

Where about in India? And are you going business class? :wink:
Where about in India? And are you going business class? :wink:

I thought you didn't go business class anymore after that awful alcohol incident? :laugh:

I say this - I don't even know what business class is. As far as I was aware, there was the normal one and first class - that was about the extent of my knowledge on the matter. :laugh:
Reply 99
Original post by Andy98
Woo! I actually stand a chance!:jive:
Posted from TSR Mobile

One day it will work for you Andy. :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending