The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

The LNAT is not taken into consideration by LSE.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Stanhope6
Got an unconditional to do Government and History. Anyone know when accommodation applications open?

Normally about Feb 16.
Reply 162
Original post by Stanhope6
Got an unconditional to do Government and History. Anyone know when accommodation applications open?

if you don't mind me asking is your offer unconditional as you had previously deferred your entry? if not what are you predicted grades? thanks and congrats!! :smile:
Offer for Management, AAA
Is there any group on Facebook for offer holders? :biggrin:
Reply 164
Original post by prepdream
Offer for Management, AAA
Is there any group on Facebook for offer holders? :biggrin:

Got the same this morning as well lool!
Original post by JT0121
Got the same this morning as well lool!

Yay well done! Please can u tell us your stats and when you applied? Would be appreciated!
Reply 166
Original post by hannahk4y
Yay well done! Please can u tell us your stats and when you applied? Would be appreciated!

GCSE: 6A 4B 1C
AS: Biology A Economics A Maths C Physics D
Predicteds: AAA (dropped physics)

Applied on 16 of November and was halfway through my 8 weeks!

Thanks such a relief!!! best of luck!
Got an offer for Government and Economics, Bsc (AAA)

Do any of you guys have any ideas which halls you are going to choose, which are the best in terms of travelling, social? I missed a chance at seeing the rooms at the open day last year, but have heard they aren't that great :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Offer for Geography BA (AAA)
Congratulations to everybody on your offers :smile:

Offer for Bsc Economics, came through on friday!
Offer for BSc International Relations on Friday :h:
Original post by thatisgold1
Got an offer for Government and Economics, Bsc (AAA)

Do any of you guys have any ideas which halls you are going to choose, which are the best in terms of travelling, social? I missed a chance at seeing the rooms at the open day last year, but have heard they aren't that great :/

I study that at the moment, you'll enjoy it! (Bankside house woo!!)
cheeky lil offer for History and IR woop woop!!
Original post by Jamie S
I study that at the moment, you'll enjoy it! (Bankside house woo!!)

Oh!! Can I ask you a couple of questions?
How are you finding the course, what subjects/topic areas are you studying/how is the workload? And obviously it's LSE so the quality must be good, but how is the teaching and extra support and help with assignments/work?
Original post by thatisgold1
Oh!! Can I ask you a couple of questions?
How are you finding the course, what subjects/topic areas are you studying/how is the workload? And obviously it's LSE so the quality must be good, but how is the teaching and extra support and help with assignments/work?

I am enjoying my course, and I'll enjoy it even more in my second year when I have more choice over my direction.

Currently I am studying (lent term):

LSE100 - A module all first years do, to be honest it is a bit of pain
EC102 (Economics B) - Not too difficult and a lot of fun
GV101 (Political Science) - Very intuitive, a lot of reading but on interesting topics
GV100 (Political Theory) - Basically philosophy, my least enjoyable subjects but many people really enjoy the deep and important questions.
MA100 - More difficult than MA107 and had to ask my department for the switch to MA100. Very large workload and important not to fall behind! But I do enjoy maths in general.

The workload is huge!! It is manageable as long as you don't fall behind and there is still time to go out to clubs at least twice a week.

There is very little student support handed to you, but if you simply ask - your teachers will be willing to sit down 1 on 1 and talk through any problems you have in an "office hour'". The lecture quality varies greatly and put simply, the less quantitative the subject, the greater the lecture. Teaching quality is good and each teacher has a very different style, some will suit your needs better the others.
Applied for Economics with Statistics: Required grades AAA

My predicted: Maths/F.Maths/Econ at A*/A/A

No reply yet :frown:
Original post by JohnGreek
Hi Jamie

Out of curiosity, does that rule apply to other modules/courses other than the ones related to Govt and Economics? :smile:

I want to emphasise that this is a HUGE generalisation and there are outliers (MA103 and GV100 to name two off the top of my head) that break this rule. However, if I am correct with this trend, YES this applies to most modules.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 177
Is there an facebook group for 2016 entry?
Hi all, offer holder for Bsc Economics here. Came through this morning!

I was on the last day of my 7 weeks, applied late November.

My stats:
GCSE: 8.5A*, 3A, 1B
AS: 4a, Maths, Economics (100%), Geography (100%), English
Predictions: 3A* (dropped English), A in AS Further Maths, A* in EPQ

Good luck to all still waiting!
Received an offer for BSc International Relations this morning! I'm so excited and can't believe it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending