The Student Room Group

What is the difference between reviewing and evaluating?

so, what is the difference reviewing reviewing something and evaluating something?

To be specific, i have to review and evaluate the strategies i use to overcome barriers to effective communication and interpersonal interaction.

I see no difference in what the question is asking.
Original post by Blackstarr
so, what is the difference reviewing reviewing something and evaluating something?

To be specific, i have to review and evaluate the strategies i use to overcome barriers to effective communication and interpersonal interaction.

In this case, review would be look back and consider what the barriers are and what you have done to overcome them, and evaluate would be talking about how effective your strategies at doing this were :smile:

A review is a reflection - a discussion of what you did, achieved or performed.

An evaluation is a weighing up of this. You need to consider the strengths and weaknesses of what you did, the extent to which it is effective and convincing and to what extent has your initial aim been fulfilled.
Reply 3
Original post by Gingerbread101
In this case, review would be look back and consider what the barriers are and what you have done to overcome them, and evaluate would be talking about how effective your strategies at doing this were :smile:

So, does this mean I should be writing my essay in past tense or present tense?
So, does this mean I should be writing my essay in past tense or present tense?

You could potentially do a paragraph on strategies you've done in the past, and then ones you're currently using if they're different :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Gingerbread101
You could potentially do a paragraph on strategies you've done in the past, and then ones you're currently using if they're different :smile:

Cool.

Quick Reply

Latest