The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
The problem with that is his shot conversion rate is the big let down - as I said he's not on course for a great amount given the service, because his shot conversion is 14.4% - roughly one in 8.5 shots; which for a supposedly top class striker is woeful; he's not a natural finisher, and that's a big black mark. Adjusting for the pace of a league, getting into the right sort of positions, strength and awareness - they can all be trained, finishing - you've either got it or you haven't.

How many of those shots are outside the box though and from clear cut chances? Chance conversion is probably a more appropriate stat for judging his finishing ability.
Reply 3381
Giroud as cam uno

New bergkamp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rosicky out injured :rofl:

thats got to be a record
wilshere out for the season too appaz, just give them both those injections they give to horses before races so they can be part of the treble winning team then chuck em in the bin after the season
Lmao would rather just inject them with opiates and put the poor bastards out of their misery.
Reply 3385
Swear I just read something about Wilshere "edging close to a return" ffs

Absolute joke how we're paying the chav £110k a week
Not really sure what's worse. Arsenal fans who would support Wenger even if we win nothing or Arsenal fans who want other teams to win the league just so Wenger gets sacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jack is coming back and he will star in Euro 2016
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Not really sure what's worse. Arsenal fans who would support Wenger even if we win nothing or Arsenal fans who want other teams to win the league just so Wenger gets sacked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At first I wanted us to win, but if Leicester sign Remy I'm happy for them to win.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would definitely want us to lose if that guarantees Wenger gets sacked but that's not gonna happen anyway.
"We are ready to compete"
*loses every competition*
*faces calls to get sacked*
Original post by al_94
I would definitely want us to lose if that guarantees Wenger gets sacked but that's not gonna happen anyway.

STRONG fan
vs Chelsea: 4 league wins out of 24 since 2004-05 incl.
vs Man Utd: 3 league wins out of 17 since 2007-08 incl. (2006-07 the last time Arsenal did the double, when Utd won the league)
vs Man City: W5 D5 L5 (PL) since 2008-09 incl. (when oil money took over)
vs Tottenham: W5 D5 L5 (PL) since 2008-09 incl. (when Harry Redknapp took over)
vs Liverpool: W4 D6 L2 (PL) since 2010-11 incl. (2009-10 the last time Arsenal did the double, which was Liverpool's worst season in more than a decade)

also don't forget:
1 win at Stoke since they were promoted
Winless at Southampton in each of their last five Premier League seasons
(edited 8 years ago)
Interesting draw coming up as a lot of the big teams are still in. Very important that we avoid a big away game as it will be just before Barca H and United A, and need a bit of luck. Really hope Chelsea/City draw each other.
Original post by difeo
STRONG fan

I've wanted Wenger out for many years I'm not someone who changes my mind after every game
Original post by al_94
I've wanted Wenger out for many years I'm not someone who changes my mind after every game

I've wanted Wenger out for a while aswell but I'd never, ever want Arsenal to lose for any reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AliRizzo
Interesting draw coming up as a lot of the big teams are still in. Very important that we avoid a big away game as it will be just before Barca H and United A, and need a bit of luck. Really hope Chelsea/City draw each other.

Fantastic draw. One of City/Chelsea out. United getting endless luck again, knew they were gonna get Shrewsbury.
we're facing a completely different Hull side. Promotion favourites in the Championship. Odubajo and Clucas desperate to prove themselves. Abel H. too
They can't play Akpom or Hayden though. I know this game is just before Barca H but I think we should play at least eight first team players. Our biggest worry is that these players don't take this seriously. We have a great chance to win it again.
I haven't seen the draw but I could care less about the FA Cup. That trophy will do nothing for us we've won it the past 2 years it means nothing to me if we don't win the league.

Latest