The Student Room Group

aeronautical engineering foundation year

hi,
this year i will be starting my first year at the uni of salford where i will be doing an aeronautical foundation year and i was just wondering if it is the right choice for me as i have only studied applied science.
Original post by wylesaif
hi,
this year i will be starting my first year at the uni of salford where i will be doing an aeronautical foundation year and i was just wondering if it is the right choice for me as i have only studied applied science.

Hi there!

Glad you're interested in aeronautical! It's a very interesting, quite challenging, but rewarding course.

Whether it's the right choice for you depends on many factors; interests, future aspirations, etc. In terms of what you have previously studied, the foundation year should get you up to speed on many fundamentals you'll be needing. If you are worried about what to expect, check your university's website and try and find any details on the course.

They will likely teach a lot of maths in the first year. I'm not fully aware of what the foundation year will contain, but they will develop a lot of mathematics fundamentals to prepare you for the rest of the course.
Your best bet will be to directly check with your university.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering
Reply 2
Original post by Glasgow Uni
Hi there!

Glad you're interested in aeronautical! It's a very interesting, quite challenging, but rewarding course.

Whether it's the right choice for you depends on many factors; interests, future aspirations, etc. In terms of what you have previously studied, the foundation year should get you up to speed on many fundamentals you'll be needing. If you are worried about what to expect, check your university's website and try and find any details on the course.

They will likely teach a lot of maths in the first year. I'm not fully aware of what the foundation year will contain, but they will develop a lot of mathematics fundamentals to prepare you for the rest of the course.
Your best bet will be to directly check with your university.

Let us know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
Aeronautical Engineering - School of Engineering

thank you
I also have an offer for Salford for aeronautical engineering, and will be starting on the foundation year.
Hi I am doing the same course this september (hopefully) with the same uni. How's your experience with their foundation year? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest