The Student Room Group

Italian town welcomes first baby for 30 years

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BioStudentx
Every time you lose an argument you just bring up different points to discuss. And regarding your first paragraph, thanks for pointing out Muslim countries are living 50 years in the past. Also in the past western countries were equally as bad and the progression was slow because not enough people spoke up and like you said - that is bad? So why are few Muslims speaking out against what's happening in their countries?

Not sure how George Bush is relevant to this argument. I don't want to get into the details of the Iraq war. Also it depends what you mean by terrorism. To me, killing someone for being a homosexual or an apostate is terrorism. Considering many many Muslim countries carry this out (with large populations) it can't be a good thing.

And yes. British Muslims are the biggest hypocrites. They whine about palestine continuously while ignoring the abominations carried out in their own fatherland.

If you say so. Ive argued the same thing or its been a natural progression. You also brought in stuff about Muslims being hypocrites so of course I'm going to pull in some stuff where non Muslims have also been "hypocrites" and you yourself in this regard

Progression was slow because society let it be that way. Jews were persecuted forcenturies and when they spoke out, no one actually listened until WW2 happened

In the Muslim world, many Muslims are speakingout; not just minorities.

Sorrybut youbyou talked about Christiand not needing to talk out because those things are illegal but you wanted Muslims to do the same. George Bush has still not been prosecuted. Should Christians have to speak out against him? (I'm aware that many did but you said that because something is illegal, no one has to)

Christian states carry this out too (though perhaps not for apostacy) yet you don't see an issuewth that? I see an issue with both. Why don't you talk out against Christian states or at least why don't you expect Christinans to speak out?

Most Muslims I know care both about Palestinians and not just Palestinians, but humanity as a whole, which includes criticising the "fatherland" as you call it. Again to many Muslims, living g in the UK, their "fatherland" is the UK; not any other nation

All how you've decided to no longer insult me after I brought up that quote from Thatcher. Or did you "lose the argument?"
Original post by The_Internet
x

I don't really care about that quote from Thatcher. It's not part of the discussion.

Which Christian countries execute gay people? I want the population of these countries compared to the overall population of Muslim countries that do it. Show me evidence that people in the Muslim world are speaking out against it? Because from my experience, they seem to care a lot more about the Palestine issue.
I believe the war on Iraq was justified.
If Muslims in the UK care about their fatherland why aren't there protest groups against the execution of apostates and gays? Unless of course they think it's justified. We're going in circles here.
I don't really care about that quote from Thatcher. It's not part of the discussion.

Which Christian countries execute gay people? I want the population of these countries compared to the overall population of Muslim countries that do it. Show me evidence that people in the Muslim world are speaking out against it? Because from my experience, they seem to care a lot more about the Palestine issue.
I believe the war on Iraq was justified.
If Muslims in the UK care about their fatherland why aren't there protest groups against the execution of apostates and gays? Unless of course they think it's justified. We're going in circles here.

Well seemingly it hit a nerve as you stopped insulting me

Uganda for one. Tbh there are three countries from the Muslim world that actually execute for apostacy and for being gay - that being Iran, Saudi Arabia and IS if you believe they're a state

There have been demonstrations against the far right by Muslims and gays and tbh Bio, you were the one who were saying that Muslims definitely do not do x. It is up to you to prove it as it was you who made that accusation first.

Why have I also not seen Christians protest against whats happening in Uganda, or CAR? They may well do but I've not personally seen it. At any rate unlike yourself, I recognise that not all Christians are the same.
Well seemingly it hit a nerve as you stopped insulting me

Uganda for one. Tbh there are three countries from the Muslim world that actually execute for apostacy and for being gay - that being Iran, Saudi Arabia and IS if you believe they're a state

There have been demonstrations against the far right by Muslims and gays and tbh Bio, you were the one who were saying that Muslims definitely do not do x. It is up to you to prove it as it was you who made that accusation first.

Why have I also not seen Christians protest against whats happening in Uganda, or CAR? They may well do but I've not personally seen it. At any rate unlike yourself, I recognise that not all Christians are the same.

Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen all have the death penalty. I'm not sure where you got only Iran and Saudi from. Again, I was just speaking from personal experience that British Muslims (definitely in my area and environment) discuss Palestine and the bombing of Syria rather than the things occurring back at home. A lot would also try to justify these laws.
Afghanistan, Brunei, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen all have the death penalty. I'm not sure where you got only Iran and Saudi from. Again, I was just speaking from personal experience that British Muslims (definitely in my area and environment) discuss Palestine and the bombing of Syria rather than the things occurring back at home. A lot would also try to justify these laws.

Do you have proof? As in actual factual proof? Do you dislike ordinary Muslims BTW?
Do you have proof? As in actual factual proof? Do you dislike ordinary Muslims BTW?

36% of 16-24 year olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death
http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/images/publications/living%20apart%20together%20-%20jan%2007.pdf
36% of 16-24 year olds believe if a Muslim converts to another religion they should be punished by death
http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/images/publications/living%20apart%20together%20-%20jan%2007.pdf

Sample size?
Also did they ask say non Muslims as well?
Do you have a more recent one?
Answer my question as well regarding ordinary Muslims
Sample size?

I doubt any non Muslims would say yes?
Well coming from a Muslim family - no I don't like ordinary Muslims. But it is so obvious to see how Islam goes against basic human rights.
I'll try and find a more recent survery.
Sample size?

That Muslim conversion is forbidden and punishable by death%
Total 16-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55+
Agree 31 36 37 27 19 19
Disagree 57 57 50 58 68 74
Don’t know 12 7 10 14 11 8

scroll down to page 47
That Muslim conversion is forbidden and punishable by death%
Total 16-24 25-34 35-44 45-54 55+
Agree 31 36 37 27 19 19
Disagree 57 57 50 58 68 74
Don’t know 12 7 10 14 11 8

scroll down to page 47

That question is worded in a way that basically asks "What does the religion say" and not say "What are your personal views" I mean you could argue the same for Christianity and Judaism too if you ask the question in such a way.
That question is worded in a way that basically asks "What does the religion say" and not say "What are your personal views" I mean you could argue the same for Christianity and Judaism too if you ask the question in such a way.

“The following is a list of laws that are defined in most scholarly interpretations of sharia law. Please say if you personally agree or disagree with the law mentioned”
That's how the question was worded.
Original post by shawtyb
they need better sex lives

And pop out babies every year :mmm:
Original post by Maker
The problem is not too many Chinese men compared to women, its too many poor Chinese men that poor Chinese women don't want to marry because they can find richer Chinese men because there is a shortage of women so they can be choosy.

Same problem with Russian women, they want wealthy men Chinese or not, not poor men.

thats just the same in every country. Even in uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Amusing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-35418101

Perhaps the far right should accept that Europe needs refugees, since they aren't bothered with having children of their own? Refugees will help slow the population decline, and pay your pensions eventually.

e.g.

I honestly don't understand why you think there should be a need to further the population of the world? We're already massively overpopulated and people are still having kids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending