The Student Room Group

Accountancy and Law A-Level Choices?

I am in Year 11 and don't know which of these two I would like to do, I definitely want to take Maths and History. Which other two A-Levels should I take to bolster my chances of getting into a top university?
Original post by jamierogers21
I am in Year 11 and don't know which of these two I would like to do, I definitely want to take Maths and History. Which other two A-Levels should I take to bolster my chances of getting into a top university?

English Literature would be good for Law, and for Accountancy you might want to take something like Economics or Business Studies :smile:
Reply 2
Maths, history and economics, keeps your options open and looks good for accountancy and Law, I'm doing that combination + politics and business, I can tell you business is rubbish DONT do it, I'm only doing it because I need 3 options in school
Original post by Gingerbread101
English Literature would be good for Law, and for Accountancy you might want to take something like Economics or Business Studies :smile:

Any other options besides English Lit? Economics looks like a good choice.
Original post by zayn008
Maths, history and economics, keeps your options open and looks good for accountancy and Law, I'm doing that combination + politics and business, I can tell you business is rubbish DONT do it, I'm only doing it because I need 3 options in school

Yeah I don't really like the look of Business Studies, Economics looks much more interesting
Reply 5
Yeah I don't really like the look of Business Studies, Economics looks much more interesting

Yeah both units of AS economics are interesting and worth the investment of time, although you do only learn about market performance and economic performance of a country but it gets you to grips with the economy, as a subject it wouldn't help you in accounting but with a good grade it will certainly make your uni application look better
Any other options besides English Lit? Economics looks like a good choice.

Well for Law you need traditional subjects and ones that allow you to be analytical so English Lit is basically the perfect choice. Another option would be English Language but it's often not as well respected :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest