The Student Room Group

GCSE results day is 25th August

How you guys feeling about it??:cry2:

Has the revision started?
When are your exams/how many do you have?

(inspiration from the a level thread:innocent:)

**just realised there is another gcse thread similar to this**:vroam:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

don't hate procrastinate
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
**just realised there is another gcse thread similar to this**:vroam:

Hello :biggrin:

Haven't started revision, probably will start in Feb half term/ early march since I have a really short term memory :redface:

So far, it hasn't actually hit me yet that they are this year so I'm feeling pretty chill
Original post by surina16
Hello :biggrin:

Haven't started revision, probably will start in Feb half term/ early march since I have a really short term memory :redface:

So far, it hasn't actually hit me yet that they are this year so I'm feeling pretty chill

]Heyyyy:biggrin:
Oml same. I want it to hit me but it's not. Like i have a whole 3 years worth of coursework (art) due in tomorrow but here i am procrastinating :colonhash:
]Heyyyy:biggrin:
Oml same. I want it to hit me but it's not. Like i have a whole 3 years worth of coursework (art) due in tomorrow but here i am procrastinating :colonhash:

3 years?! Wow, I'm glad I didn't do art tbh. People will be starting to go to school on Saturdays soon to finish their coursework :biggrin:

Spoiler

3 years?! Wow, I'm glad I didn't do art tbh. People will be starting to go to school on Saturdays soon to finish their coursework :biggrin:

Spoiler

Yeahh. I'm kinda hating myself for picking it. But hey ho its done. Oh my God. we had to go in a couple days during the Christmas holidays to do work :colonhash:

Spoiler

Yeahh. I'm kinda hating myself for picking it. But hey ho its done. Oh my God. we had to go in a couple days during the Christmas holidays to do work :colonhash:

Spoiler

Ahhh sounds horrible :frown: . The worst thing for me tbh was just having to stay during lunchtimes and after school every day for a week to finish my computing controlled assessment ;/
Ahhh sounds horrible :frown: . The worst thing for me tbh was just having to stay during lunchtimes and after school every day for a week to finish my computing controlled assessment ;/

The controlled assessments are honestly a pain:colonhash: I feel ya :frown:
I heard computing is quite heavy in terms of coursework/assessment?:K:
The controlled assessments are honestly a pain:colonhash: I feel ya :frown:
I heard computing is quite heavy in terms of coursework/assessment?:K:

Yep, 60% controlled assessment (2 x 20 hour assessments) :colonhash:
Good thing is that the exam is only 40% :h:
Yep, 60% controlled assessment (2 x 20 hour assessments) :colonhash:
Good thing is that the exam is only 40% :h:

Good lord. That quite a bit. Good luck tho!:smile: Did you find out your exam times?
Good lord. That quite a bit. Good luck tho!:smile: Did you find out your exam times?

Thank you :smile: ! And yes, first exams are on the 17th May, and last ones are on the 17th June. Is that the same for you?
I've made my exam timetable already (my school hasn't told us when the real exams will be, so I decided to search it all up). That's about the only thing I've done to prepare for the GCSEs.
Thank you :smile: ! And yes, first exams are on the 17th May, and last ones are on the 17th June. Is that the same for you?

Noo..well close ish. Mine starts 12th may (Art:colonhash:) ends 22nd June :shot:

But i guess thats okay..some people finish 27th June or something and i honestly don't have the mental capacity to handle that much by then:colonhash:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I've made my exam timetable already (my school hasn't told us when the real exams will be, so I decided to search it all up). That's about the only thing I've done to prepare for the GCSEs.

Lool im literally the same. Searched mine up too:biggrin:
Lool im literally the same. Searched mine up too:biggrin:

So how many exams do you have? I've got 23 :cry: (counting reading and listening and the three units in sciences as separate exams)
So how many exams do you have? I've got 23 :cry: (counting reading and listening and the three units in sciences as separate exams)

Ohh noo. I have 20:colonhash: ergh.

We dont have the third paper for each the sciences. Thats why. Do you do aqa?:frown:
Ohh noo. I have 20:colonhash: ergh.

We dont have the third paper for each the sciences. Thats why. Do you do aqa?:frown:

Yep. Triple science. How about you?
Reply 17
I get my timetable and revision pack tomorrow so get to find out then :eek:
i don't like the competitive atmosphere around school at the minute haha it'll be lasting way up to results day
Yep. Triple science. How about you?

Yeepp. Triple Ocr tho.
Do you do edexcel math??
Yeepp. Triple Ocr tho.
Do you do edexcel math??

Yeah. We've finished all the topics for maths, though, so we're focusing on OCR Additional Maths now.

Quick Reply

Latest