The Student Room Group

GCSE results day is 25th August

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kn6440
I get my timetable and revision pack tomorrow so get to find out then :eek:
i don't like the competitive atmosphere around school at the minute haha it'll be lasting way up to results day

I knoowww right!! Lool there is only two outcomes on results
Either crying
Or Happy af
:colonhash:

Is it just me but i find the exam hall atmosphere really comforting. I love it. :colondollar:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Yeah. We've finished all the topics for maths, though, so we're focusing on OCR Additional Maths now.

Did you do the hannah's sweets mock paper this year?:colonhash: smh we can expect more of that this year too.
Wait what? Why do you learn ocr too??
Got 13 exams I think (done 13 already) so quite chilled atm.
Haven't started revision yet - probs start at Easter or sometime around then

Posted from TSR Mobile
So how many exams do you have? I've got 23 :cry: (counting reading and listening and the three units in sciences as separate exams)

I have 27 :frown:
Original post by surina16

Okay, now that is a lot. Do you have lots of days with two exams on the same day?
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Did you do the hannah's sweets mock paper this year?:colonhash: smh we can expect more of that this year too.
Wait what? Why do you learn ocr too??

Luckily, nope :biggrin: The teachers realised that it'd be easy for us to find the answer to the 'Hannah's sweets' question, so we did the November 2015 paper instead. Yeah... the wordy questions are probably the worst.

I dunno, actually. For some reason, we switch exam board when doing ad maths, though I don't think it makes much difference. It's all still just maths.
Original post by asdfghjklgcses
Got 13 exams I think (done 13 already) so quite chilled atm.
Haven't started revision yet - probs start at Easter or sometime around then

Posted from TSR Mobile

I seriously wish our school had let us do some of our exams last year... this year would have been a lot less stressful.
doing two hours of revision per day at the moment. Have not clue how many exams I have despite being given an exam timetable that makes no sense
Okay, now that is a lot. Do you have lots of days with two exams on the same day?

I have 4 days with 2 exams and 2 days with 3 :/

Holy crap. What subjects do you do woman??!
I seriously wish our school had let us do some of our exams last year... this year would have been a lot less stressful.

Our school claims that it 'looks better' if all the exams are taken at the end of year 11 smh :colonhash:
I have 4 days with 2 exams and 2 days with 3 :/

Three? How does that work? I thought there was an AM exam and a PM exam slot each day...
Luckily, nope :biggrin: The teachers realised that it'd be easy for us to find the answer to the 'Hannah's sweets' question, so we did the November 2015 paper instead. Yeah... the wordy questions are probably the worst.

I dunno, actually. For some reason, we switch exam board when doing ad maths, though I don't think it makes much difference. It's all still just maths.

Ohhh. yep we thought it was gonna be the November paper but the school surprised us.:biggrin:

Ohh yeah i guess!
Our school claims that it 'looks better' if all the exams are taken at the end of year 11 smh :colonhash:

Exactly what our school said :s-smilie:
Reply 34
Hey guys, I'm in year 12
Just a tip: make sure you experiment with revision techniques. I wish I tried experimenting this time now in year 11: I felt I had found the 'perfect' revision method from some book. Turns out, it was pretty ineffective; I ended up finding my current preferred technique quite late in Easter holidays (enough time though to do well).

If you guys have any questions feel free to quote me! Good luck.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Holy crap. What subjects do you do woman??!

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
OCR Computing
AQA Eng Lang
AQA Eng Lit
IGCSE French
AQA History
AQA Maths (linear)
AQA Physics
IGCSE Spanish

10 subjects, 27 exams :redface:
I have 22 exams and it hasn't kicked in yet as I'm just making sure all my coursework is of A/A* standard so I don't feel as pressured in the exams. Good luck everyone:biggrin:
Three? How does that work? I thought there was an AM exam and a PM exam slot each day...

2 of the exams follow each other up immediately, so you do one, the invigilators collect it in, you get your second one and start straight away - we did the same thing in our mocks :/
Original post by Jitesh
Hey guys, I'm in year 12
Just a tip: make sure you experiment with revision techniques. I wish I tried experimenting this time now in year 11: I felt I had found the 'perfect' revision method from some book. Turns out, it was pretty ineffective; I ended up finding my current preferred technique quite late in Easter holidays (enough time though to do well).

If you guys have any questions feel free to quote me! Good luck.

If you dont mind me asking..What is your current best method? and what was the worst you tried/didnt work out?:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
2 of the exams follow each other up immediately, so you do one, the invigilators collect it in, you get your second one and start straight away - we did the same thing in our mocks :/

That is a pain. Jesus.:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest