The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Hi
Has anyone interviewed yet or heard about interviews?
Just wanted to know if they have started giving them for BM6 and maybe I could still be in consideration for a feb slot
Original post by sim.c
Hi
Has anyone interviewed yet or heard about interviews?
Just wanted to know if they have started giving them for BM6 and maybe I could still be in consideration for a feb slot

No interviews have been given out
Please wait till the end of February for interviews to be given out
You will hear nothing about interviews right now as
Interviews will be taking place in March
So we've got a long time

😭 please can everyone be patient! I know it's a hard wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they asked us to complete eligibility form that means we are still in running?
Original post by SarahCroydon
If they asked us to complete eligibility form that means we are still in running?

I think you've already asked this and had lots of very good answers.

It means they got your application. Everyone gets one. It doesn't mean much at this stage. Just wait to hear about interviews.
what I'm wondering is whether ANYONE who has applied has got rejected so far? surely they're not going to reject everyone at once before the interview dates. universities reject people at different types depending on what stage of the process they're at...
Original post by Peacefulthinking
what I'm wondering is whether ANYONE who has applied has got rejected so far? surely they're not going to reject everyone at once before the interview dates. universities reject people at different types depending on what stage of the process they're at...

No one's been rejected for bm6 guaranteed
Original post by Peacefulthinking

Their priority is to check who is eligible and organise interviews. Not tell people they're out. The rejections take a really long time.
Lisboonpop how can you possibly guarantee no one has?
Lisboonpop how can you possibly guarantee no one has?

i spoke to admissions on the phone, who only told me that all rejections will be made at the end of the admissions cycle once all interviews have been carried out
Original post by lisboonpop
i spoke to admissions on the phone, who only told me that all rejections will be made at the end of the admissions cycle once all interviews have been carried out

I guess those who do not meet the requirements will be rejected earlier so that counts, also once all interviews are given out then the rejections are sent from what ive gathered
Original post by samim_s
I guess those who do not meet the requirements will be rejected earlier so that counts, also once all interviews are given out then the rejections are sent from what ive gathered

:nah:. They just do batch rejections at the end of the cycle. They don't have time to reject people until after interviews.
I'm worried about not getting even interview at South
I'm worried about not getting even interview at South

Do you feel u haven't met the non-academic requirements?
Yes may not meet
Yes may not meet

Why do you think that?
school data
school data

Huh??

Do you meet the minimum grades?
Do you have the predicted grades?
Do you meet 3 of the eligibility criteria? The school you go to isn't considered.

First generation applicant to higher education

Parents, guardian or self in receipt of a means-tested benefit

Young people looked after by a Local Authority

In receipt of a 16-19 bursary or similar grant

In receipt of free school meals at any point in Years 10-13

Living in an area with a postcode which falls within the lowest 20 per cent of the Index of Multiple Deprivation (authenticated by the University), or a member of a travelling family

school data

What does school data mean lol
Original post by Alisahhh1998
What does school data mean lol

% of students who received 5 gcse grades a A*-C i think
Original post by lisboonpop
% of students who received 5 gcse grades a A*-C i think

That's for UEA I think, not for Soton though

Quick Reply