The Student Room Group

Teenage girl 'made up' migrant rape claim that outraged Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlifunArnab
Is that an ISIS flag?

Looks like one, most Westeners would say it is, doesn't matter if it's some other Sunni radical symbolism
So that's what it takes for the Guardian to condemn a false rape claim!
Original post by Lord Kek
Looks like one, most Westeners would say it is, doesn't matter if it's some other Sunni radical symbolism

I did a reverse image search and looked at the results. The original picture itself is called "jihad.gif", and the style is called "Black Standard".

This is what the current events section of the wikipedia says about its use in extremism:

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 17.31.38.png
Reply 23
Original post by Jamie S
It is not ISIS, but it is Jihadist.

Here

That's not the ISIS flag its a declaration of faith; it translates to There is not God but Allah and Muhammad is his final messenger
Original post by mkap
That's not the ISIS flag its a declaration of faith; it translates to There is not God but Allah and Muhammad is his final messenger

Read my post, above yours - I did some research :smile:
What a ****ing idiot.
It was an incredibly stupid and idiotic thing for this girl to do. False allegations of rape are vile, and as well as putting some poor innocent man through the wringer, make it much harder for genuine victims to be taken seriously. And of course it's given the usual suspects the chance to claim that lots of other rapes and sexual assaults that have been in the news lately must be made up too, and aren't they just rubbing their hands with glee?

Original post by Jamie S
I did a reverse image search and looked at the results. The original picture itself is called "jihad.gif", and the style is called "Black Standard".

This is what the current events section of the wikipedia says about its use in extremism:

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 17.31.38.png

I'd be more than happy to discuss what a jihadist flag is and what's not. However, this thread is about a particular incident so perhaps make another thread if you want to have a reasonable discussion.
Original post by mkap

You're not tricking anyone, the black standard is linked to Islamic Extremism.
Aww man :biggrin:

The usual suspects are gonna have a spasm as their brain works out where to fall on this. Will their dislike of anything foreign or Syrian trump all, or will it be the evil feminist women who make up rape accusations lumping innocent men in jail? What side do they fall on?

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by mkap
smh. I wonder how many of the other claims are actually true. She has single handily caused the uproar which poor migrants have to suffer for now.

The uproar existed before that case, which was barely relayed by serious medias, or immediately disproved.
Reply 31
You're not tricking anyone, the black standard is linked to Islamic Extremism.

Original post by Jamie S
Read my post, above yours - I did some research :smile:

quick, lets report OP before she runs off to Syria as a Jihadi bride :colonhash:
Original post by mkap
quick, lets report OP before she runs off to Syria as a Jihadi bride :colonhash:

Calm down, no one said that. I just researched it impartially and found that flags like that have had links to extremist organisations. I'm not saying everyone that has one is an extremist, and I'm not saying he should take it down - was genuinely interested in its connotations.

Both are equally vile. People who make up stories for political reasons should be punished in court.
Disgraceful.

Because it isn't possible to be angry about both, you have to 'pick a side'... some people.
Original post by The_Internet
So she has single handedly added to a less cohesive society. The far right will happily ignore this and go on her earlier story to try and make people hate migrants or "foreign. Looking people"

You say this like there aren't a million other instances of sexual assault by recent migrants in Germany for people to point at.
Original post by MildredMalone
So that's what it takes for the Guardian to condemn a false rape claim!

I doubt the Guardian's ever said that false rape claims are a-okay (forgive me if I'm wrong). I doubt anyone's ever said that they're fine.
This is vile, but this girl has not 'single handedly' done anything. She's added to an already existing mistrust of 'refugees'.

Pretty sick that a 13 year old would think to make something like that up though, god knows what kind of awful adult she's going to grow into.
Original post by KimKallstrom
You say this like there aren't a million other instances of sexual assault by recent migrants in Germany for people to point at.

Still, she shouldn't have done so and the far right probably will ignore that it's false.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending