The Student Room Group

I have an assessment tomorrow

...which I will almost certainly fail or get a bad mark in.

Hey kids stay in school or you'll end up like me.

But seriously ugh. Only found out I had this assessment a few days ago because it was really unclear when it would be and the groupings. And since I've been quite ill recently I missed quite a few of the assessment specific lectures and so now I'm just sat in my room trying to revise the **** out of this but literally nothing is sticking in my puny brain.

:frown: sad face. Lesson of the day, if you're in uni or are going to go to uni, be better than me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
urgh i know the feeling! you have my sympathy
Original post by shawtyb
urgh i know the feeling! you have my sympathy

It sucks :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by SophieSmall
It sucks :frown:

iv got one due in just over a weeks time and its about income statements and general accountacy crap and iv not even started :frown:
Just do your best and learn from the experience to make sure you're better prepared next time round.

How much does the assessment contribute to a module?
Original post by shawtyb
iv got one due in just over a weeks time and its about income statements and general accountacy crap and iv not even started :frown:

I know how you feel, I've just been completely slammed with stuff lately. Like an assessment a week. I'm finding it impossible to focus on more than one thing with so much coming up all at once, I have another assessment on statistics in a couple of weeks and a timed essay the day before :/
Original post by EtherealNymph22
Just do your best and learn from the experience to make sure you're better prepared next time round.

How much does the assessment contribute to a module?

Better prepared would just be, not being ill and being able to attend to understand what the heck is going on in the assessment.

It's worth 30%
Reply 7
I know how you feel, I've just been completely slammed with stuff lately. Like an assessment a week. I'm finding it impossible to focus on more than one thing with so much coming up all at once, I have another assessment on statistics in a couple of weeks and a timed essay the day before :/

if you ever wana be study buddies, let me know! :biggrin:
always up for the extra help
Original post by shawtyb
if you ever wana be study buddies, let me know! :biggrin:
always up for the extra help

haha thanks but it doesn't sounds like we study the same stuff :tongue:
Aww same happened to me for Business Psychology, only revised 2 out of the 10 topics :frown:...

BUT THOSE 2 TOPICS CAME UP IN THE EXAM AND I DID SIKKKKKKKKKKK

Anyway, hope that helped :h:
Better prepared would just be, not being ill and being able to attend to understand what the heck is going on in the assessment.

It's worth 30%

I remember when illness genuinely messed up an entire semester. There was one module in particular which I just didn't understand at all because I hadn't been in lectures enough. It also just didn't feel like I was getting it or remembering anything.

So I just tried my hardest to learn it all as best as I could and hoped I remember it in the exam and I ended up with 73 :lol:

So even though it feels a bit rubbish right now you need to go into 'blag' mode. You know you don't have the time to properly prepare, so be efficient, cram as much as you can and practice that ability to BS :wink:
Is it an essay rather than exam? Hope it goes well. If it helps I've done better in the essays that I wrote last minute than the ones I spent weeks perfecting :angry:
I remember when illness genuinely messed up an entire semester. There was one module in particular which I just didn't understand at all because I hadn't been in lectures enough. It also just didn't feel like I was getting it or remembering anything.

So I just tried my hardest to learn it all as best as I could and hoped I remember it in the exam and I ended up with 73 :lol:

So even though it feels a bit rubbish right now you need to go into 'blag' mode. You know you don't have the time to properly prepare, so be efficient, cram as much as you can and practice that ability to BS :wink:

haha you can't blag or BS on my course, you either know it or you don't. There are only facts no opinions so I don't think I can get away with that.

I've bee trying really hard to cram today, but you could ask me a question on what I've been revising today and I genuinely could not give you an answer. I've been doing revision and then trying to answer practice questions. Still can't answer them.

It's gotten to the point I'm so fed up I could actually just break down, nothing is going in at all.
Original post by somemightsay888
Aww same happened to me for Business Psychology, only revised 2 out of the 10 topics :frown:...

BUT THOSE 2 TOPICS CAME UP IN THE EXAM AND I DID SIKKKKKKKKKKK

Anyway, hope that helped :h:

Lucky you, last time that happened to me none of what I revised came up and so I got a big fat 0 on the written part of the assessment. Luckily I did very well in the practical part and so got some marks, but still failed.
Original post by Jenx301
Is it an essay rather than exam? Hope it goes well. If it helps I've done better in the essays that I wrote last minute than the ones I spent weeks perfecting :angry:

It's an exam :/
haha you can't blag or BS on my course, you either know it or you don't. There are only facts no opinions so I don't think I can get away with that.

I've bee trying really hard to cram today, but you could ask me a question on what I've been revising today and I genuinely could not give you an answer. I've been doing revision and then trying to answer practice questions. Still can't answer them.

It's gotten to the point I'm so fed up I could actually just break down, nothing is going in at all.

Under the exam pressure it will come out. One of the most common things I experienced when revising is having complete brain freeze when I tried to remember anything but as soon as I got into an exam, thought about the question and started writing it all started flowing. Back yourself that it IS going in its just the anxiety blocking it at the moment.

Well yeah I did a science so equally not easy to BS and not opinion based but there are still ways of looking like you know exactly what you're talking about :wink:
Under the exam pressure it will come out. One of the most common things I experienced when revising is having complete brain freeze when I tried to remember anything but as soon as I got into an exam, thought about the question and started writing it all started flowing. Back yourself that it IS going in its just the anxiety blocking it at the moment.

Well yeah I did a science so equally not easy to BS and not opinion based but there are still ways of looking like you know exactly what you're talking about :wink:

It won't though. It works for some people not me. I've literally sat in an exam before just staring at the paper with absolutely no answers. Even though I had revised, I still just couldn't remember a thing.

I disagree, if you can't remember anything you cannot BS anything. I've never understood what people are on about when they say they can do that. If you can do that it is because you at least know some of what you are talking about.
Lucky you, last time that happened to me none of what I revised came up and so I got a big fat 0 on the written part of the assessment. Luckily I did very well in the practical part and so got some marks, but still failed.

Oh dear :/ Are you a second year? If so then that's rough, if you're first year then meh, it's not tooooo bad if you don't mind having that final mark soured a bit.

When **** like this happens it's time to go on Netflix and revel in your impending failure :yes:

Nah but for real, good luck, I felt like this on the Business Psych one, nothing bar the 2 easiest topics went in :/
Original post by somemightsay888
Oh dear :/ Are you a second year? If so then that's rough, if you're first year then meh, it's not tooooo bad if you don't mind having that final mark soured a bit.

When **** like this happens it's time to go on Netflix and revel in your impending failure :yes:

Nah but for real, good luck, I felt like this on the Business Psych one, nothing bar the 2 easiest topics went in :/

2nd on my undergrad course yeah.

Pretty ready to just give up but that solves nothing, though having said that revision is doing nothing either.
It won't though. It works for some people not me. I've literally sat in an exam before just staring at the paper with absolutely no answers. Even though I had revised, I still just couldn't remember a thing.

I disagree, if you can't remember anything you cannot BS anything. I've never understood what people are on about when they say they can do that. If you can do that it is because you at least know some of what you are talking about.

Completely true on the second paragraph. Then I think it's not actually that you are incapable but it's a psychological thing. You're convinced you definitely won't remember anything and you're anxious about it and that gives you the brain paralysed feeling.

Maybe just trying not to care about it as much might help? Like when you haven't done enough prep just be like well I'm gonna fail this might as well write some stuff down and don't get worked up? Idk I'm just throwing out suggestions. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending