The Student Room Group

Is an A* always 90%?

Hi, I was looking at one of the A2 Law modules for WJEC and the A* boundry last year was 92%. I thought that it was consistently 90% for an A*.

Is this common?
Depends whether you're looking at raw marks or UMS. For UMS it should always be 90% average across your A2 units (except maths, where it's 90% across C3 and C4). I'm guessing that's the raw mark boundary?
Original post by hudamh
Hi, I was looking at one of the A2 Law modules for WJEC and the A* boundry last year was 92%. I thought that it was consistently 90% for an A*.

Is this common?

its a number game it doesnt have to be 90% if you smashed your AS and got like 90+ UMS then there is a chance of getting a total divergence number to claim that A*. This is the choice of steinsgate :smile:
I'll have you know the organisation is not on to us so that is why i decided to give you this information, in regards to your quest for the A*.

Let this be called operation Star A :smile:
Enjoy
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
Depends whether you're looking at raw marks or UMS. For UMS it should always be 90% average across your A2 units (except maths, where it's 90% across C3 and C4). I'm guessing that's the raw mark boundary?

This. The 90% average at A2 applies to the UMS and not the raw marks. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
its a number game it doesnt have to be 90% if you smashed your AS and got like 90+ UMS then there is a chance of getting a total divergence number to claim that A*. This is the choice of steinsgate :smile:
I'll have you know the organisation is not on to us so that is why i decided to give you this information, in regards to your quest for the A*.

Let this be called operation Star A :smile:
Enjoy

Steins;Gate was so emotional
Original post by James Milibanter
Steins;Gate was so emotional

omg ikr ;D i always try to imitate Okube :biggrin: at school and stuff! And then when it comes to games i attempt to be like Kirito :biggrin:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
omg ikr ;D i always try to imitate Okube :biggrin: at school and stuff! And then when it comes to games i attempt to be like Kirito :biggrin:

I always give anything that I do an arbitrary version. Washing machine protocol v. 12-43c
Original post by James Milibanter
I always give anything that I do an arbitrary version. Washing machine protocol v. 12-43c

:'D
Reply 8
Original post by hudamh

Is this common?

For an A* you need at least 80% UMS on average and at least 90% UMS in the A2 units. The raw to UMS conversion could mean that you needed less than 70% or 95% of the raw marks to get 90% UMS. It all depends on how hard the paper is.

(I've just checked last summer's WJEC Law 4 and you needed 69/75 raw marks to 108/120 UMS in that paper. https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/)
Reply 9
For OCR you'd need certain amount of UMS at A2 to get A* overall
Original post by Mac.Doll

90% - and it's the same for all exam boards, actually. 80% overall, 90% at A2.
Original post by Mac.Doll

Yes, 180/200 for 4 unit A levels and 270/300 for 6 unit A levels, i.e. 90%.
Original post by Compost
For an A* you need at least 80% UMS on average and at least 90% UMS in the A2 units. The raw to UMS conversion could mean that you needed less than 70% or 95% of the raw marks to get 90% UMS. It all depends on how hard the paper is.

(I've just checked last summer's WJEC Law 4 and you needed 69/75 raw marks to 108/120 UMS in that paper. https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/)

Thank you very much, that was helpful. Yes, it was actually that module that I was referring to.
In unit 4 biology (AQA), it was 59/75 for an A*, which is 80%?

Also, in AQA Geography it was 60/90 for an A*?

Quick Reply

Latest