The Student Room Group

Degree Apprenticeship (IBM Tech Analyst) vs Computer Science

What do you guys think of this?

Either option a)
Paid-for degree at QMUL in Digital and Technology Solutions BSc Hons (basically CS + Business).
Work Experience as a Technical Analyst for IBM (1yr+)

or option b)
Straight-up Computer Science at Newcastle University
Internships/Placements

b would be a lot easier and a lot more expensive than option a, as I wouldn't have to balance out a degree AND work. Option a is also in London so I suppose that has a lot of cost as well, I would probably be lucky to even scrape by on the IBM wage (£15k) but I suppose it's still cheaper than £50k debt at uni.

the ibm degree apprenticeship is not open yet, but might be, soon.
Original post by TrojanH
What do you guys think of this?

Either option a)
Paid-for degree at QMUL in Digital and Technology Solutions BSc Hons (basically CS + Business).
Work Experience as a Technical Analyst for IBM (1yr+)

or option b)
Straight-up Computer Science at Newcastle University
Internships/Placements

b would be a lot easier and a lot more expensive than option a, as I wouldn't have to balance out a degree AND work. Option a is also in London so I suppose that has a lot of cost as well, I would probably be lucky to even scrape by on the IBM wage (£15k) but I suppose it's still cheaper than £50k debt at uni.

the ibm degree apprenticeship is not open yet, but might be, soon.

This is like the 80th time you've asked..

(And bro, pls can you tone down the questions in your PM - I can't answer so many in one go)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
This is like the 80th time you've asked..

(And bro, pls can you tone down the questions in your PM - I can't answer so many in one go)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok no probs. Will have shorter qs.

Yeah I know, this time the deal is with IBM so I thought there would be a different opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending