The Student Room Group

Most Overrated Retired Footballers XI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holly mcnally
definitivamente, es mi asignatura favorita :smile: ¿vas a seguir con español en el futuro?

Y yo también, voy a estudiar español como una parte de mi curso en la universidad cuando voy allí el año próximo ( con suerte iré entonces, veremos ya :rofl: ). ¡Tu español es muy bien!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
That feeling when you actually understand the vast majority of what has just been posted :cool:

feelsgdman

Strong use of Google translate itt though.
Original post by Wilfred Little
That feeling when you actually understand the vast majority of what has just been posted :cool:

feelsgdman

Strong use of Google translate itt though.

Strong lack of Google translate, honestly.

https://youtu.be/_I_43IeRtr8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Y yo también, voy a estudiar español como una parte de mi curso en la universidad cuando voy allí el año próximo ( con suerte iré entonces, veremos ya :rofl: ). ¡Tu español es muy bien!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eso suena interesante, jajaja también me gustaría estudiar español como parte de un curso universitario :biggrin: ¡lo mismo para ti! :yy:
Reply 164
donde esta la biblioteca?
This thread should have ended as soon as Scholes was mentioned.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Do you understand what overrated even means? It would appear that many people who have posted do not.

I did think of posting a spin off thread of underrated footballers and Kaka was one of the players I would have posted - he came just after Ronaldo and Zidane's glory years and just before the Messi/Ronaldo domination of football. Rivaldo was another one. Their compatriots like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and the like get all the plaudits and much of it is deserved, but those two seem to have been forgotten, they rarely get mentioned or thought of when football fans discuss great players.

This is the best hattrick I think I have ever seen. The importance of winning this game as well :cool:

Kaka wasn't consistently special, even if magnificently talented on the counter. Could well apply the term overrated to him.

However, Rivaldo is probably the best shout for underrated player that you can bring out. And yeah, that hattrick is one of the best performances ever.
Original post by difeo
donde esta la biblioteca?

Me llamo t-bone la arana discoteca
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Me llamo t-bone la arana discoteca

GOAT TV show

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pimped Butterfly

However, Rivaldo is probably the best shout for underrated player that you can bring out. And yeah, that hattrick is one of the best performances ever.

Unsure if you're old enough to remember - but do you recall him facing us in those two legs in 2000-01? Fair enough, we actually beat them 1-0 on aggregate en route to lifting the UEFA Cup, but he terrorised us and frightened the life out of me that night.

He was integral a few months later when they beat us 3-1 in the CL, too. I remember them scoring a lovely trio of goals that night.
Original post by Mackay
Unsure if you're old enough to remember - but do you recall him facing us in those two legs in 2000-01? Fair enough, we actually beat them 1-0 on aggregate en route to lifting the UEFA Cup, but he terrorised us and frightened the life out of me that night.

He was integral a few months later when they beat us 3-1 in the CL, too. I remember them scoring a lovely trio of goals that night.

I remember some of those matches very vaguely. I don't remember Rivaldo's performance but I do remember us beating them/recognising Rivaldo, I think. I remember Aimar taking the piss out of us a season or two later. I remember Gerrard vs United and some scorcher he scored vs Boro (?) and vaguely remember some of Danny Murphy. But my footballing memories only properly start with the Olympiakos game, maybe a little bit from the season before.
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
I remember some of those matches very vaguely. I don't remember Rivaldo's performance but I do remember us beating them/recognising Rivaldo, I think. I remember Aimar taking the piss out of us a season or two later. I remember Gerrard vs United and some scorcher he scored vs Boro (?) and vaguely remember some of Danny Murphy. But my footballing memories only properly start with the Olympiakos game, maybe a little bit from the season before.

Aimar took the absolute piss. In fact, the entire Valencia team did at the Mestalla that season. I think Owen and Gerrard - and Carragher in particular - have said that they were so excited by Benitez's arrival, because they felt the only time they had been outplayed in five years was that night in Valencia.
I wouldn't say Scholes was overrated
Original post by frankieatuni
I wouldn't say Scholes was overrated

He certainly wasn't.

Wasted in the graveyard left-wing shift by Sven, though.
Original post by Mackay
He certainly wasn't.

Wasted in the graveyard left-wing shift by Sven, though.

He was clearly underrated when a player, but he certainly isn't underrated now.

I do think people overrate him...
Henry.

Quick Reply

Latest