The Student Room Group

Lampeter 2015 or 2016 entry

hey, I posted this thread to see if anyone is applying to University Trinity Saint David and be on the Lampeter campus starting either 2015 or 2016. I really want to go, the village looks amazing and is in a really beautiful place. it isn't too big or too small. as I said I really want to go and study Medieval Studies and either Heritage Management or Archaeology but I don't know if I'm ready to apply this year. I'm terrified of not making friends and being lonely living 4 1/2 hours away.
Because I don't know if I'm ready I haven't written a personal statement or sent off ucas and I don't know what to put in my personal statement because I haven't done history A-level or had any work experience in the field.
so is anyone applying for any of the courses above and can help me out??? xxx
Reply 1
I have applied for Classical studies with English and Latin and I got an offer from both of them, so will hopefully be going to Lampeter in September.

I don't think you should worry too much about the experience needed, they will interview you and will take everything else on board including your enthusiasm for the subject.

Making friends will not be a problem as I hear its a very close knit community! And you may see me there anyway :smile:
Hi,
I've applied to History, Religious studies and Education and I've received an offer from them, so if you do apply, I may see you there:smile:

Also, as long as you show enthusiasm for the subject you should be fine
Good luck with your choices!
Reply 3
Hey I'm a first year student doing Archaeology with Education at Lampeter and just to say i felt the same for ages last year and didn't send off until last minute as I thought I wasn't good enough for uni and virtually cried my way through a-levels but I've had the best time ever here so far plus doing quite well in first couple of essays with 2:1's and yes leading up to it was soooo daunting and scary but after a week your flat mates are like sisters and you feel like you've already been there 3 years wanted the Christmas break to be over so I could come back plus I've already got friends for life outside my flat mates too ������ remember everyone is in the same boat and you make friends with everyone across years the campus is so small it's impossible not too it's like one big family :biggrin:
Hope I've helped but it's your decision
(edited 9 years ago)
wow thanks for the replies, ive had a chat with my head of sixth form and shes getting me sorted with a chat with a careers advisor but she thinks its best i wait a year beacuse ive been so stressed and its affected my health. so im going to take a gap year and apply as soon as i can next september for Medieval and Classical Studies :smile: i really cant wait for uni and the break im allowing myself, i just dont want to be the only one taking a year out and being older than everyone else, though most of the people i hang out with at school are in the year below. thanks for helping me and i hope everyone is as nice as you guys when i go :smile:
If you need any help please don't hesitate to get in touch. We have two student ambassadors on hand the help you based in Lampeter- Gemma who is a current student and Fam who is a graduate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedievalWitch
wow thanks for the replies, ive had a chat with my head of sixth form and shes getting me sorted with a chat with a careers advisor but she thinks its best i wait a year beacuse ive been so stressed and its affected my health. so im going to take a gap year and apply as soon as i can next september for Medieval and Classical Studies :smile: i really cant wait for uni and the break im allowing myself, i just dont want to be the only one taking a year out and being older than everyone else, though most of the people i hang out with at school are in the year below. thanks for helping me and i hope everyone is as nice as you guys when i go :smile:

Hi :smile: I have applied to study at Lampeter in 2016, and had to resit my first year, so I'm in the same boat as you with age. I've received offers for Archaeology and Archaeology Professional Practise, which I think will be my first and second choice. How has your application gone this year? :smile:
Original post by GeorgieElla17
Hi :smile: I have applied to study at Lampeter in 2016, and had to resit my first year, so I'm in the same boat as you with age. I've received offers for Archaeology and Archaeology Professional Practise, which I think will be my first and second choice. How has your application gone this year? :smile:

Hey :smile: unfortunately I've decided against going to Lampeter now because it is sooo far away from where I live and can still do a lot of Medieval topics at my local uni :') however speaking of application I haven't sent it off yet, I've almost filled it all in but I still need my ex tutor to read through my personal statement and help me with little bits on the form and then it can go and hopefully because I already have my grades I'll get a reply quickly :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedievalWitch
Hey :smile: unfortunately I've decided against going to Lampeter now because it is sooo far away from where I live and can still do a lot of Medieval topics at my local uni :':wink: however speaking of application I haven't sent it off yet, I've almost filled it all in but I still need my ex tutor to read through my personal statement and help me with little bits on the form and then it can go and hopefully because I already have my grades I'll get a reply quickly :':wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fair enough, you've got to feel comfortable with the distance from home :smile: My application was sent a month ago, and I have received 4 out of 5 offers, so let's hope your offers come quickly as well :smile: good luck :smile:
That's fair enough, you've got to feel comfortable with the distance from home :smile: My application was sent a month ago, and I have received 4 out of 5 offers, so let's hope your offers come quickly as well :smile: good luck :smile:

Congratulations I hope you get into you're favourite :smile: I'm only applying to my local one now as I've heard it's cheaper than applying for 5 and can't really afford it :') haha, good luck for the future :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Anyone else looking at 2016 entry into Lampeter?
Reply 12

Awesome! What you going to be studying?
Original post by EmHowie
Awesome! What you going to be studying?

Archaeology, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Archaeology, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Creatve writing and Publishing

Quick Reply