The Student Room Group

Arranged marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Awesome Genius
Im going to India in March (business class).

I might be set up with a girl.

Indian girls from an old-fashioned Indian family
- won't divorce you
- will stay faithful
- strong family values
- reasonably good-looking for example: 7/10 - something like: http://hdwallpapers360.com/wp-content/uploads/beautiful-indian-girls-hd-wallpapers.jpg
- well-educated eg. doctor

Would you?

I am so conflicted on the whole idea.

Lol at those pictures the link itself is hilarious she isnt even that fit btw, but you think you somehow have this "7/10 doctor" waiting for you... These pictures are from Bollywood and the media, most indians are dark and 4/10, the fair ones are a rare bread. And adding the fact you think this 7+ will be a doctor... Dont know if youre really that deluded lol, it isnt like a checklist of what you want where they have everything. Those that have already have many potential grooms in line. What would you rate yourself, what job do you have. No point asking us about arranged marriage when its your potential partner isnt a small decision and a thread is bizarre, if the consensus is yes, or no why would that even affect your decision really dumb thread... REALLY DUMB.
Original post by acupofgreentea
You're seventeen. Give it time. :wink: You're too great of a person for no one to ever wanna lock you down. :biggrin:

Yeah I know what you mean - it's just not a great feeling when the only people you can turn to are all people you've met on the internet and are unlikely to even meet them irl. I just wish I had someone, someone who I trusted, someone I could cuddle up to and cry on when it gets too much (even if that feels like it's every ten minutes).

Sorry, I shouldn't be venting here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Yeah I know what you mean - it's just not a great feeling when the only people you can turn to are all people you've met on the internet and are unlikely to even meet them irl. I just wish I had someone, someone who I trusted, someone I could cuddle up to and cry on when it gets too much (even if that feels like it's every ten minutes).

Sorry, I shouldn't be venting here

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's fine - better out than in and all that, although you can PM if you want to talk more? :smile: :hugs:

It's understandable that you feel that way, it is. :smile: I mean, we'll always be here for you, but I get what you mean in the sense we can't be there for you physically. You won't be alone forever, even if it feels like it - I'm not lying when I say there's no way a guy like you could not find someone equally as amazing. :hugs:

In the meantime, though, I think it's all about being able to reassure yourself - you'll always have yourself, no matter what, so learning to be okay with being on your own for a while is one of the greatest things you can learn. :smile: I know it may feel like you're alone, but you're far from it - even if people online aren't there to hug you in person, I assure you we're sitting here wishing we could. :smile:
No, it's fine - better out than in and all that, although you can PM if you want to talk more? :smile: :hugs:

It's understandable that you feel that way, it is. :smile: I mean, we'll always be here for you, but I get what you mean in the sense we can't be there for you physically. You won't be alone forever, even if it feels like it - I'm not lying when I say there's no way a guy like you could not find someone equally as amazing. :hugs:

In the meantime, though, I think it's all about being able to reassure yourself - you'll always have yourself, no matter what, so learning to be okay with being on your own for a while is one of the greatest things you can learn. :smile: I know it may feel like you're alone, but you're far from it - even if people online aren't there to hug you in person, I assure you we're sitting here wishing we could. :smile:

Yeah I know what you mean, and whilst I enjoy as much peace and quiet as you can get with voices in your head; I just don't trust myself, simple as that. At least here my parents are always in the way so I can't do anything stupid, but if I moved out to uni I can't be sure that I'd stop myself - I wouldn't come here because I know it's against site rules and I don't wanna burden anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never? Because I got the impression you liked someone who identifies as an athiest. :dontknow:

Here's where you have no idea who I'm talking about. :laugh:

Because he's Andy. :laugh: He's gotta get those Biggest Flirt votes somehow.

Hydeman is pretty cool, I will admit, but I don't think I could marry him
Original post by Andy98
I haven't met anyone that would date me, let alone marry me.....

Which are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From your profile you are a supporter of the green party; I tend to lean politically centre-right
I guess, although I'm mainly Green for the social aspects, economically I'm nearer the centre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I guess, although I'm mainly Green for the social aspects, economically I'm nearer the centre

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm probably the opposite, socially conservative but economically liberal/left
And there I was trying to be subtle ... :laugh:

Hydeman is indeed very cool. :biggrin: But I can understand that - being Christian - you might want to find someone who is like-minded. :yep:
Meh, no reason why we wouldn't get along

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not even followers of @EbolaChrist? :wink:
And there I was trying to be subtle ... :laugh:

Hydeman is indeed very cool. :biggrin: But I can understand that - being Christian - you might want to find someone who is like-minded. :yep:

I don't mind if people know haha

It just wouldn't work long term wise, he would want kids raised in a different manner
Original post by Andy98
Meh, no reason why we wouldn't get along

Posted from TSR Mobile

Andy, there must be someone in your life that likes you. I find it hard to believe a man could have no female interest at all unless he was a paedophile or a murderer or something
Original post by Zargabaath
Not even followers of @EbolaChrist? :wink:

Only if they help me exterminate those heathens of the church of Marburg virus :wink:
Not that I know of, at least no one outside of TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Not that I know of, at least no one outside of TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile

There probably is; you just don't realise it yet.

You're only 17, after all. You'll find someone at university.

Aside from anything else I'm 5 years older than you, I'm an old woman :tongue:
Is that supposed to be off putting? Sorry, I'm into older chicks so I can't tell:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Is that supposed to be off putting? Sorry, I'm into older chicks so I can't tell:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was meant to be off putting.

Epic fail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending