The Student Room Group

[LONG] depressed rant - don't know what to think anymore

Trigger? I don't know if it'll trigger someone so I'm not sure - just in case

This will be long and if it is found then RIP me but I can't keep it in any longer

I'm a girl, in year 13 now - but allow me to fill you in on my 2015

Spoiler

Anyway I'm finding it hard right now to recover from everything in the spoiler
I had such a shitty year and no matter how hard I try I just can't move on and bounce back I've been so down despite things having calmed down now and it's February, I haven't started my revision and I need 'A's for what I wanna do. I know I'm so screwed but I can't seem to snap out of it, I feel like I'm in a trance.

I'm struggling to get myself out of bed, and struggling to stay awake after coming home from school. All I want to do is sleep my sorrows away. I don't know why - there's no active problems at home anymore. Anyway I had to get this off my chest...

Thanks for reading if you did - feel free to say anything you want.
Year 13 I.e. 17, 18 or 19 and mum of five? Already? Correct me if I'm wrong pls

Trauma can feel like it lasts forever in some cases. Maybe get some therapy to help you adjust.
(edited 8 years ago)
Apprehensive times. It's understandable you feel this way, that is a lot of **** to go through in a year.

It is February, there are a good few months till exams, you have enough time, more than enough, make it a total priority over everything bar mandatory things. Last year was a total write off, nothing you can do now, your Dad seems a toxic person unfortunately. You're going to Uni this year right? Focus on that, you'll be well away from your family problems there, you can do it. Not much anyone can say about your family without being unrealistic/uninformed/insensitive. But it does totally dysfunctional. Not only A Levels, but also prioritise your own happiness from now. Do things you used to enjoy or try something new, anything, something to give you a sense of achievement and build your motivation/confidence again.
No her mum took her brother to calm him down and she had to stay with her 5 siblings
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
Year 13 I.e. 17, 18 or 19 and mum of five? Already? Correct me if I'm wrong pls

Trauma can feel like it lasts forever in some cases. Maybe get some therapy to help you adjust.

17, mum went away so had to take care of 5 younger siblings without dad = essentially mum of 5 yupp
thank you i'll look for something

Original post by somemightsay888
Apprehensive times. It's understandable you feel this way, that is a lot of **** to go through in a year.

It is February, there are a good few months till exams, you have enough time, more than enough, make it a total priority over everything bar mandatory things. Last year was a total write off, nothing you can do now, your Dad seems a toxic person unfortunately. You're going to Uni this year right? Focus on that, you'll be well away from your family problems there, you can do it. Not much anyone can say about your family without being unrealistic/uninformed/insensitive. But it does totally dysfunctional. Not only A Levels, but also prioritise your own happiness from now. Do things you used to enjoy or try something new, anything, something to give you a sense of achievement and build your motivation/confidence again.

Yeah...
It is dysfunctional - I blame my dad entirely tbh
I'll try and get my **** together and get myself into uni and away - I've been trying to since like september and it hasnt worked but maybe if I try really hard I can do it
thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 5
Sorry to bump this thread but didn't wanna make a new one
does anyone know how to get help to recover mentally without having to have my parents notified?

Quick Reply

Latest