The Student Room Group

Where do you fall on the political compass?

Scroll to see replies

Last time I was about -9.2 left and -6.7 libertarian, but I'd describe myself as authoritarian so I think it simply doesn't ask the right questions (equating 'being authoritarian' with 'not having basic human decency').
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Last time I was about -9.2 left and -6.7 libertarian, but I'd describe myself as authoritarian so I think it simply doesn't ask the right questions (equating 'being authoritarian' with 'not having basic human decency').

I think it conflates some of the left answers with being more libertarian as well which is why most people end up in the 3rd quadrant if they are economically left wing.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
I've done this test a few times (it takes a few minutes)

Whilst I was a student I literally came smack bang in the middle of the compass on the ORIGIN. :rofl: I think this represented I was a bit confused about some of my ideals or political thoughts. Or more, that some of the things I believed were in contradiction to others in terms of left/right and authoritarian/libertarian.

Check me out now.

I guess it's interesting that as I've developed more of my own ideas on different topics I have become more 'left wing'.

The test link is

here.

Post your results below either in the picture form or you get a score e.g. mine is:

Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62

Mine is pretty similar to yours, I was expecting to be somewhere near here.image.png
Original post by the bear
Left: :sheep:+:loony:+:lazy:+:dice:+:blah:+:elmo:+:fisheye:

Right: :security:+:nopity:+:proud:+:thumbsup:+:shakecane:

Libertarian: :bong:+:hump:

Authoritarian: :whip:+:spank:

Hahahahahaha, thanks for that mate:yy:

Pissed off I'm not more to the right though because of that last emoji. Nothing wrong with being a crazy old scientist type guy.... :tongue:

EDIT: Oh and it's PRSOM btw
(edited 8 years ago)

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64

I'm always around this kinda area.
Done this test so many times but whatever

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Done this test so many times but whatever

spoken like a true leftie. :bong:
Original post by Pathway

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64

I'm always around this kinda area.

Loving your leftie vibez

Economic Left/Right: -3.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

Hmm... not what I was expecting.
Reply 189
I think it conflates some of the left answers with being more libertarian as well which is why most people end up in the 3rd quadrant if they are economically left wing.

No, it's because you don't answer the questions correctly.:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Josb
No, it's because you don't answer the questions correctly.:biggrin:

Well I agree with where I come out. I'm offering this as a suggestion to thedefinitearticle as to why he/she comes out so libertarian when he/she identifies as authoritarian. *trying not to bite* :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 191
Well I agree with where I come out. I'm offering this as a suggestion to thedefinitearticle as to why he/she comes out so libertarian when he/she identifies as authoritarian. *trying not to bite* :biggrin:

thedefinitearticle is so much in the left that he is actually on the other side of the grid.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by acupofgreentea
I'm literally in the green, you would be correct, Andy. :wink:

Let me rephrase; you fit perfectly with our members :tongue:
Wow this thread.

This was back (yeah 2 months ago allow the nostalgia) when I, with my 3 gems, engaged in and created the platform for discussions and debates and actually spent time on TSR being constructive.

RIP etherealnymph22
Original post by Ethereal World

RIP etherealnymph22

RIP EtherealNymph22*. :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
RIP EtherealNymph22*. :wink:

:colonhash:
Original post by Ethereal World
:colonhash:

You love this, really. :h:
In these turbulent political times why not revive such a thread
I have moved a tiny bit south west

000000.png
Reply 198

hmm
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.72
chart.png

Every time I take this test I find I've drifted further towards the bottom left :biggrin:

I would describe my politics as any of Progressive, Utilitarian, Left-Libertarian and Egalitarian. So this is pretty accurate.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest